Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Recall we all know is an issue (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37795)

negolien 06-17-2014 03:49 PM

The problem was the solder points cracked during temp fluxes.

Papa Rad17 06-17-2014 06:22 PM

then in theory yes if you know what your doing when you solder you should be able to fix it

zzyzzx 06-18-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 (Post 655927)
I dont know what the actual problem in the switch is. mine was bad when I got it. its a bit of a pain getting screwdrivers in there to hold all the clips so you can pull it out. Took me about 25 min, not to bad though nothing you cant handle yourself I would hope. A new one is $16 at o rieles and they have one with a black button and red hazard symbol (just looks a little better) its worth the few bucks and minuets just do it so it doesnt completely fail at the wrong time and you end up causing an accident or something.

My internet search revealed that the cheap ones were Dorman brand and I don't put Dorman parts in my cars unless there is no alternative.

03glgold 06-18-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 (Post 655927)
I dont know what the actual problem in the switch is. mine was bad when I got it. its a bit of a pain getting screwdrivers in there to hold all the clips so you can pull it out. Took me about 25 min, not to bad though nothing you cant handle yourself I would hope. A new one is $16 at o rieles and they have one with a black button and red hazard symbol (just looks a little better) its worth the few bucks and minuets just do it so it doesnt completely fail at the wrong time and you end up causing an accident or something.

are you crazy...the dorman one looks way worse...it isn't setup to be lighted for one thing...why would you pay $15 for the dorman that won't last long when you can go to the stealership and even there the ac delco is only $45...Also you can try cleaning the contacts on the multi-function switch first...that was the main part of my problem

Papa Rad17 06-18-2014 03:56 PM

I still think it looks better. Functions perfectly fine. and it is lit...

a.graham52 06-18-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 (Post 655941)
I still think it looks better. Functions perfectly fine. and it is lit...

crooked as fduck :No:

03glgold 06-18-2014 06:51 PM

Of course it works for now...give it a while, bet it dont last too long

That01Olds 06-19-2014 08:12 PM

I'm not going to lie I personally liked the look of the stock hazard switch better. The way the all red switch lit up at night always looked pretty cool to me. I never knew there was a recall for them though, but I never had any problems with mine when I had an Alero.

negolien 06-20-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a.graham52 (Post 655945)
crooked as fduck :No:

BWAHHAAAHAAAAA :agree: fkin ghetto bro lol come on you can do better than that. That's like buying a nice $1000 15" sub and putting into some gay prefab Wal-Mart box lol.

paul ron 02-15-2015 01:07 PM

Hahahaha they recall after most everyone with that year car most likely changed them already.

I still have my bad one in my junk box. Wonder if gm will give me a refund for the part?

Hahaha more bs!

paul ron 09-17-2015 09:04 PM

it was an easy job. the hardest part was locating the stupid clips that hold the center vent in place.

btw, dont buy the cheaper replacement. i returned 2 of them since they were both defective. it cost me postage twice n really pissed me off.

oh on examination of the old part, i didnt see any cold solder anywhere. i heated with my soldering iron n no difference. :(

paul ron 09-17-2015 09:13 PM

now how about recalling the stupid ignition switch 10 minute thing?

Redog 09-18-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzyzzx (Post 655938)
My internet search revealed that the cheap ones were Dorman brand and I don't put Dorman parts in my cars unless there is no alternative.

Agreed. I used to "perfer" to get the better parts and not Dorman. After buying Dorman lug nuts for the Delta, torquing to spec, then 2 block later the all 5 lugs on one wheel where backed out to the point of the wheel almost falling off...yeah

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul ron (Post 662323)
now how about recalling the stupid ignition switch 10 minute thing?

They don't replace the switch, they put a groment in the key :awesome: I've already had my ign switch replaced, but I would like to buy a newer one, just to be sure