Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LA1 3400 Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Who Wants To Claim (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6380)

sc/alero 04-03-2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by germ@Apr 3 2005, 09:20 AM
voodo, check your records man. spaz ran a 104mph trap. my 106mph is higher. and i have the 3400 engine that came from a 03 grand am, not the 3.4 DOHC engine that only came in 95-97 Z34's only. NO Monte LS EVER had the 3.4 DOHC, so you better check that record to and double check with your brother.

sc/alero, im not saying 300 whp is unachievable at all, im just saying that your setup and a water/air IC and DHP is not going to give you 100 more HP.

and i know what John's car can do, im not questioning that, im questioning YOUR reasoning for claiming 300 whp, thats all. and why wont you say what your mods are? seriously, ANYONE that has any knowledge of these engines allready know what mods are available so copying you or your setup or anyone elses setup is not that hard to figure out. what are you afraid of? someone like me telling you that your 300 whp and your mods dont add up?

proof is in the pudding and you can claim you have something without at least backing up with a mod list. i mean, i can see your pics of the M62 S/C that only pushes ~7psi stock and is on the limit of boost already, so switching pully sizes isnt going to do much for volumetric efficiancy.

so even if you were to have headers, p&p intakes and tb, and head work, and exhaust your still not picking up 100 crank hp from that because your S/C is allready at its limits of peak HP potential.

im not saying your dont have a fast alero or high hp, im just saying that claiming 300 WHEEL HP is gonna take a bit more than that S/C is going to put out.

read.... http://www.automotive.eaton.com/product/en...hargers/M62.asp

their own site tells you your not going to get much from that supercharger.

sorry

germ don't be all butt hurt. i said after i get married on the 16th and get my poop unpacked i will post the sheets.

as for the list of mods i was only joking you want my list here they are:
ported upper, liqiud to air I/C, headers, ported heads, ported T/B, slp exhaust, no cat, dhp PCM, ICCU, 2.2 pulley, msd ignition, trans intercepter, msd dis-4, colder pulgs that is all i remeber right now.
as for the actual power if i remeber right and again i will post the sheet i think it was 289 hp. i mean if we need to get technical then there you go. i just rounded up to make it easier. i don't want anyone to get butt hurt :cry: about lieing numbers

you are correct as well it is not hard to figure out what can or has been done to make power.
it is all good it is for the comunity correct? or is it personal?

jamcllw 04-04-2005 10:49 AM

What elevation did you dyno at? I bet you'd get real close if not over 300 if you were at sea level.

sc/alero 04-04-2005 11:58 AM

the dyno's are alt corrected so i am still a bit shy

Oldsman 04-04-2005 12:53 PM

Simple List

Fastest Aleros.........
Boosted...
Springs
s/c alero
homegrown
nyugen

N/A...
redog
mfuller

germ 04-04-2005 12:55 PM

alt corrected huh?

what was your ACTUAL wheel HP, non corrected.

do the alt corrected 1/4 time slips count? just wondering.

Alerosince99 04-04-2005 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Oldsman@Apr 4 2005, 10:53 AM
Simple List

Fastest Aleros.........
Boosted...
Springs
s/c alero
homegrown
nyugen

N/A...
redog
mfuller

Come on Oldsman dont dog me like that. :P Im gonna get mine to the track before putting it away for the summer. I want an NA timeslip before... ;)

Oldsman 04-04-2005 02:03 PM

that is based off current and past stats. so get some timeslips.

SilverBullet256 04-04-2005 06:50 PM

man, my poast got deleted, hmmmm, o well i basically said the4 same thing as oldsman but with a few different people

springs fastest alero 04-05-2005 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by germ@Apr 2 2005, 11:01 AM
hey, we can bench talk all day long. but until someone puts out a dyno sheet, all we can do is speculate and compare what other sc 3400's are putting out. the problem with 300 WHEEL hp from that setup is that you have to go to a much smaller pulley, and when you do that, the SC that is in that kit is NOT effective and will start boost stacking which will not make more power, but makes more heat and detonation.

if i remember right, Aaron from GAGT.com is only at 235whp with his eaton m62. and from what i read, he is modded about the same as sc/alero. so 65 more wheel hp (which is about 100 crank) is what your claiming?

what have you done to assume you got another 100 HP?

Sc is the only other 3400 owner to run an intercooler witht he sc.
i have dyno runs laying arround that i've posted before that show the gains at the wheels with the intercooler and no tune producing a hair above 260 hp at the wheels. Sc has had more time with it, a smaller pulley, now tunning, and me still helping it along. his car is much stronger than mine was when I did the 262 pull.
sc and I have tried more things with this sc setup than almost every other E/M owner combined. We are able to match times of guys running sc and nitrous or sc and internals with just the sc. Now we are pushing ahead to get as much as possilbe from the little 62. Personally I lost intrest in the 62 for my car because I knew its full potential would be far under my goal.

springs fastest alero 04-05-2005 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by germ@Apr 3 2005, 09:20 AM
voodo, check your records man.Â;-) spaz ran a 104mph trap.Â;-) my 106mph is higher.Â;-) and i have the 3400 engine that came from a 03 grand am, not the 3.4 DOHC engine that only came in 95-97 Z34's only.Â;-) NO Monte LS EVER had the 3.4 DOHC, so you better check that record to and double check with your brother.

sc/alero, im not saying 300 whp is unachievable at all, im just saying that your setup and a water/air IC and DHP is not going to give you 100 more HP.

and i know what John's car can do, im not questioning that, im questioning YOUR reasoning for claiming 300 whp, thats all.Â;-) and why wont you say what your mods are?Â;-) seriously, ANYONE that has any knowledge of these engines allready know what mods are available so copying you or your setup or anyone elses setup is not that hard to figure out.Â;-) what are you afraid of? someone like me telling you that your 300 whp and your mods dont add up?Â;-)

proof is in the pudding and you can claim you have something without at least backing up with a mod list.Â;-) i mean, i can see your pics of the M62 S/C that only pushes ~7psi stock and is on the limit of boost already, so switching pully sizes isnt going to do much for volumetric efficiancy.Â;-)

so even if you were to have headers, p&p intakes and tb, and head work, and exhaust your still not picking up 100 crank hp from that because your S/C is allready at its limits of peak HP potential.

im not saying your dont have a fast alero or high hp, im just saying that claiming 300 WHEEL HP is gonna take a bit more than that S/C is going to put out.Â;-)

read....Â;-) http://www.automotive.eaton.com/product/en...hargers/M62.asp

their own site tells you your not going to get much from that supercharger.

We've seen as high as 15 psi out of the eaton. (not even going to say the pulley size) I've seen outlet temps from the sc over 200 degrees and temps out of the intercooler below 70 on a hot summer day.
I was told putting an intercooler on the eaton would be next to impossible and would take lots of time and money. my prottotype was done in 3 days and did not cost as much as some may think.
As far as mods go... Unless you go through me or disect sc's car there is no way you can copy him. I've spelled things out to help other members and they have not been able to duplicate my results. There are many things that you can't see in high detail in pics under our hoods for a reason.
and as for whats on the market...
Well a manual trans for the alero V6 does not exzist, there is currently no aftermarket NEW cam available, there is no twin screw supercharger, very few internal componets available off the shelf, And these are just a few of the things you will find on my car.
If you think sc's numbers are hard to swallow with his setup, there is no point in me telling you what my car will do at altititude let alone sea-level.
I'm to the point I'm not even going to bother trying to post slips, dyno numbers, or vids. No one will belive them anyway. Heck it took over a year for people to swallow what I was doing with the sc before. Now S/C alero is learning what I went through. and has some understanding why I raised the bar on my car as high as I did. No one expects it, no one thinks it can do that much, and the more you doubt us the more it pushes me to move forward with the project. We have some goals with sc's setup before we raise the bar, and the guidelines are very strict.
Reaching the goals with the current sc will not be easy but if anyone can pull it off its us. expect a 13 second time slip this season above 5,280 ft.

springs fastest alero 04-05-2005 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by germ@Apr 4 2005, 09:55 AM
alt corrected huh?

what was your ACTUAL wheel HP, non corrected.

do the alt corrected 1/4 time slips count? just wondering.

unless you say other wise ALL dynos even at sea level run a correction.
all i will post though when my car is done is my uncorrected raw numbers. after all I don't live at sea level and dont race there so I want my hp numbers in my town (6,000+ft above sealevel) that and I dont really want people to know the cars full potential.

germ 04-05-2005 08:37 AM

springs, i never questioned your setup. so lets make that clear.

second of all, as for a copy of his mods (aside from the IC), they all can be done. if your talking about your heads that you make, easily copiable, your ported intakes, copiable, etc....

seriously, anything you can do to the engine, anyone can do, its common knowledge.

i personnally saw a set of heads you sent off to someone. not hard to match the quality. ive seen intakes that you have done. not hard to match.

other than head work and intake work, whats left for the engine? custom pistons (not hard to get made), shot peened rods, knife edged crank (or forged if you want to spend $1000). you cant upgrade the oil pump since the 3400 has a good one anyway. you can upgrade to clevite main bearings. you can do ARP studs all over the engine. copper head gaskets and o-ringing the block. bigger throttle body.

externally you have an ignition upgrade, AFPR, plugs, wires, etc....

did i miss something?

all i am getting at is besides the custom s/c stuff the availability of stuff is there, if you want it. its no secret.

as for dyno's, i was not aware that "all dynos are corrected", which i believe to be false. because there is a dyno correction factor on dyno jets, and where i dyno, they do it straight up, no corrections. the only thing they do is smoothing so each line is not jumpy.

maybe they all do it up there, but no everywhere else, sorry.

back to the eaton....

i never said that you cant see 15psi from the m62, im saying your boosting over the efficiancy range of that supercharger, unless you put in new rotors and ported the hell out of it.

and if i recall correctly and from the info ive read the past couple days, the M62 that is being used on the Cobalt is not the same "version" as the M62's that were sent out with those S/C kits for the N body. the cobalts is a newer updated version from what i have read and its max psi rating is 12psi (but of course you can go over it, but again, you will be out of its efficiancy range).

and depending on what M62 was used for the kits, the 2.2 pully is about as small as you can go without causing some serious heat and over spinning of that S/C. and if its not that version of the M62, then a 2.5 pully is about as small as you can go.

its amazing the info that is out there for the M62 since its so popular on the old Series 1 L67's. and im pretty sure those guys know that S/C pretty well, along with eaton that is even saying your past its recomended efficiancy.

and i thought you guys already had a 13.8 time slip??? or was that Altitude Corrected too???

and like i said in a previous post that was deleted for some ungodly reason....

im glad there is competion. if there werent competion and doubters, then there wouldnt be anyone doing anything to these engines to make them faster.

personally, i hold no grudges or hate towards anyone, i may come off harsh and blunt, but i speak my mind. if someone were to beat around the bush, that only wastes my time and yours, and if i come right out and say it, we get to the point much quicker.

sc/alero 04-05-2005 09:13 AM

the 13.8 was at heartland raceway and no it was not corrected it was what was ran at that track.

read your own words "which i believe to be false. because there is a dyno correction factor on dyno jets, and where i dyno, they do it straight up, no corrections." inyour own words they use a correction factor all dyno's use a correction factor. the tracks don't use anything it is run what you brung it has been that way for years

germ 04-05-2005 09:58 AM

read between the lines SC and read up on dyno jets.....

the correction factor can be set to "0"

all dyno's should have a correction factor, wether or not they use it is up to the shop. and shops around me dont use the correction factor.

by the way, by manipulating the correction factor on dyno's is how manufactures can claim 20hp from a cold air intake and be "dyno proven"

might want to read up on that too.

do i need to clarify anymore of my statements?

sc/alero 04-05-2005 11:42 AM

^^^ why do you need to be an ass about things. i know you said you are straight to the point and all which is fine i respect everyones opinions and input you just pretty much just down grade who,whatever you feel the need to if it insults, or offends you personal being. you know you stuff about turbos and what/what can not be done with the motor we are running. nobody doubts that. i don't. if i have to read between the lines and i know what you are talking about how do you expect someone who does not have a clue to read between the lines. again we are getting of topic

germ 04-05-2005 01:07 PM

sc/alero, dont act like you havent been an ass at all? how many times did you make derogatory comments to me? a few. not once have i made derogatory statements toward you or anyone else. corrected false info, yes, blunt, yes, open, yes, downgrading, no, derogatory, no, personal, no, bashing, no,

to bad all your posts that did say something derogatory to me got deleted.

i have freely stated my opinion and will continue to do so since this is a free world and freedom of speech is still accepted. if the mods feel that is unacceptle, thats fine, its their job to censor what is typed, so i like to keep them busy, especially if the site is one that doesnt allow free thinking and free speech. will me saying what i think get me banned, probably not, will me bashing you and calling you names and things like that, sure it will, it would get anyone banned. but to bad im not doing anything like that to warrant a ban.

so i will continue...

and about someone not understanding what is said, hahahha, thats just to funny that you think i am talking over peoples heads so they wont understand, hahahaha. SOMEONE will ALWAYS not understand, even if you were to type out, step by step, how many turns each bolt takes, with pictures, SOMEONE will ALWAYS not understand.

and by telling you to read between the lines, im putting you at a higher level by thinking you SHOULD be able to read between the lines and not be so hypocritical. of course dynos have a correction factor, but using it is the choice of the shop. i mean, i typed out "no corrections were used" implying that there was no correction factor used, plain and simple.

so dont act like im doing something im not.

and it seems like your the one that is getting all bent out of shape, just because someone with a little bit of knowledge is questioning your stuff, instead of just accepting what you say. seems to me that you cant take critisism at all and your the one that is getting defensive because i dont take your word about what you claim. i mean, you did lie about your HP's, you have super secret mods that no one can know about, you get pissy if anyone questions your setup or your claims. and it seems like some people now have good reason to question you. since one of your big claims seems to have fizzled and blown up in your face. if you claim 300 whp, you better sure as hell produce a 300 ACTUAL whp, not rounded up or corrected, or someone like me is gonna come around and call you on your bluff.

so now it seems like you've got a personal grudge against me, just because i was the one to call you out.

i can live with that.

can you?

Alerosince99 04-05-2005 01:15 PM

:popc1:

sc/alero 04-05-2005 01:36 PM

germ
i have no issues with any of this like i had stated several times as well. it is not personal nor is this thread. you did what you felt was right. enough said. i don't care.

as for a non-corrected dyno all the dyno's here use sealevel correct hp i can provide one for my alt if that is what is needed. but it won't be the 300 due to the fact of my alt. is this acceptable? i am not sure where you are at as far as ft above sea level by the sounds of it you are pretty close.

i also have not made derogatory until just this morning. you are blowing all out of porportion. i have no secret mods i listed them all for you and as stated before i was only giving you a hard time before this got this far.

personaly i don't care there is ALWAYS going to be someone faster, more power more everything than what i have. so what is the point in getting upset.

as far as me lying about my numbers i was only tring to make it simple you did not "CALL ME OUT" on this i admited the true numbers with no agrument what so ever. you are correct that there is always going to be someone who is not going to understand but why make it more difficult than it needs to be.

Again i have no problems with you, just the comments and the way you put things. some people just don't understand that is all.

germ 04-05-2005 01:59 PM

ok, i will simmer down and TRY to be a little bit "nicer" and not so blunt.

but let me ask something...

if your not hiding your mods from public view, then why did your partner say this...

Quote:

As far as mods go... Unless you go through me or disect sc's car there is no way you can copy him. I've spelled things out to help other members and they have not been able to duplicate my results. There are many things that you can't see in high detail in pics under our hoods for a reason.

Quote:

We've seen as high as 15 psi out of the eaton. (not even going to say the pulley size)

?????

and i will give you the benifit of the doubt about "lying" about your HP #'s and i will step back on that claim. but for simplicity sake, 289 and 300 are both 3 keystrokes, so one shouldnt be harder to type than the other. and 300 whp is one of those goals that a few people have, its like a plateau for some, and unless you actually did 300whp (and i dont car about the corrected factor), i dont see how you can claim to be part of the 300 whp "club". like i mentioned in another thread that was deleted, you cant claim 13's unless you run a 13. 14.0 is not 13's, so i cant say i ran a 13. its the same principle, thats ALL im saying.

as for dyno correction, personally, i dont give a sh*t about it, because i care about time slips. but i do look at it like this.... most car forums dont accept alt corrected timeslips because its not accurate, i view alt corrected dyno slips the same way. i dont agree with them. you said it best, race what you brung. dyno what you have. you have 5000 elevation, sorry, but your uncorrected dyno is your actual dyno #'s. and by you saying that i would have gotten "xxx" if i were in florida on the beach is similar to me saying that if i had a better track to race at i would have gotten my 13 sec run. but i didnt and until i get to that better track or put down a 13 sec run, then i cant claim so.

thats just how i look at it, because your limited to you elevation, and i am limited to my tracks. similar situation.

now as for my location, i am in Minnesota, elevation is ~950 for minneapolis. no where near sea level. and the track i race at is Ceder Falls, IA which is 959ft above sea level, and your Heartland track is 1000 ft above sea level (if its the same one in Topeka Kansas that i think your talking about).

sc/alero 04-05-2005 02:08 PM

the reason he says that is becuase with out good pics or any type of knowledge of what your looking at you would not be able to dup it. like you had said i could list every nut and how many turns but someone still would not understand that is all.

as for the numbers we will see this year at the track and what not and we can go with the "run what you brung" rule i too can set aside my differences and just call it a day and get back to the topic at hand

deal?

and you are correct with the track it is topeka ks