Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Of The Month (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Vote: January Aotm (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4879)

Sno 12-20-2004 07:52 PM

HERE HERE! finally some agreement :)
Quote:

No one always has a perfectly clean car, and I'd be willing to bet that there are very few that keep there cars as clean and polished as I do all summer long
i try to wash and wax my car once a week in the summer :thumbsup:

Oldsman 12-20-2004 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sno@Dec 20 2004, 06:52 PM
Quote:

No one always has a perfectly clean car, and I'd be willing to bet that there are very few that keep there cars as clean and polished as I do all summer long

my car is still spot less since winning Best of Class at the Olds Nats. but even being spotless it's still not a nice car.

the only cars that stay perfectly clean during the winter are garage queens, period.

so hey we can't win, either way. it's cool. :thumbsup:

Sno 12-20-2004 08:05 PM

heh heh, yeah, we have 5 garages at my house, and my baby can't get one :( i hate parkin outside lol

johny_boy32 12-20-2004 09:12 PM

I retract my $.02...sorry for crapping up the thread. I dont even care....Merry Christmas Everyone

Schimmel03 12-21-2004 12:03 AM

I've got a question. How come mine isn't in there? I entered. I was the first one to put my picture up. :unsure:

cutelilcntrygrl 12-21-2004 12:06 AM

I'm a little late for this but anyway, this is a contest for which picture you would like to see on the main page of the site for crying out loud. It's not a debate or an election for the president so why put other people down? Seriously, have a little more respect for those that think they are worthy of this, especially if you didn't submit a picture, more so if you don't even own an Alero anymore.

That being said, thanks to those of you who have voted for me. Good luck everyone. Oldsman, I'm sorry you withdrew. I think your car is awesome.

And just out of curiousity, has there ever been a female to win this contest? Just curious.

Also for the record, anytime we have a warm day after several not so warm days and crappy weather, you'll always find me at the car wash. Even if the weather calls for rain or snow in the next 2 days. I hate having a dirty car. I don't think it looks fake, I think it shows that I'm proud of what I've managed to do to my car and would like to keep it looking how it did when I first bought it. Unfortunately, I'm a clean freak. ;)

cutelilcntrygrl 12-21-2004 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Schimmel03@Dec 21 2004, 12:03 AM
I've got a question. How come mine isn't in there? I entered. I was the first one to put my picture up. :unsure:
Probably because of the theme. Your picture was very nice but the snow theme is in Feb.

Schimmel03 12-21-2004 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sno+Dec 20 2004, 07:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sno @ Dec 20 2004, 07:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Just some copy and paste work from the original post by 2000_olds_alero so there is no more hub bub:thumbsup:
Quote:

Originally posted by cutelilcntrygrl@
Stupid question... what would be considered a Christmas/holiday pic?
<!--QuoteBegin-2000_olds_alero

a nice snowy backdrop, xmas decorations(lights etc) stuff like that...use your judgement...i'll let you know if something needs to be changed
[/b][/quote]
I'm thinking mine had a nice snowy backdrop...

jackal2000 12-21-2004 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by cutelilcntrygrl@Dec 21 2004, 12:06 AM
And just out of curiousity, has there ever been a female to win this contest? Just curious.
i dont think so. the only girl i can think of that might have is american girl but there is no record of it in this section.

if no girl ever has, EVERYONE VOTE FOR REDOG!!!! keep the streak alive!! hahaha j/k marie, you got my vote, nice pic :thumbsup:

cutelilcntrygrl 12-21-2004 01:02 AM

^ hahaha... lol thanks.

Sno 12-21-2004 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by cutelilcntrygrl
Also for the record, anytime we have a warm day after several not so warm days and crappy weather, you'll always find me at the car wash. Even if the weather calls for rain or snow in the next 2 days. I hate having a dirty car. I don't think it looks fake, I think it shows that I'm proud of what I've managed to do to my car and would like to keep it looking how it did when I first bought it.
I'm the same way Marie :thumbsup: hehe, nice to see theres another person who likes to keep their cars clean as much as i do lol

PS: i work at a carwash so i get free carwashes every week :thumbsup: hehehe

3.4 Euro Alero 12-21-2004 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by cutelilcntrygrl@Dec 21 2004, 01:06 AM
Also for the record, anytime we have a warm day after several not so warm days and crappy weather, you'll always find me at the car wash. Even if the weather calls for rain or snow in the next 2 days.
You are lucky you live where you do, since keeping your car clean around here in winter would cost about as much as a full years insurance premiums. Actually, the bigger problem is with these frigid temperatures, you have to be VERY careful when you wash if you even want to think about being able to get into it again! Unless you have a heated garage, but then your car will rust like there's no tomorrow.

And people around here wondered why I wanted to store her for the winter? :blink:

cutelilcntrygrl 12-21-2004 07:25 AM

I know what you mean. I didn't drive my Alero last year. She sat in the garage. But this year, since I don't have a 4 wheel drive, I don't have much of a choice. She'll stay in the drive way tonight tho cause I'm calling in at work. I've worked 2 days.. I need a day off. :lol: Ahhh, if it were only that easy. <_<

3.4 Euro Alero 12-21-2004 07:54 AM

I think we should start a poll. Who believes we should get all the days off between Christmas and New Years.........with pay!

MikeSS 12-21-2004 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Oldsman+Dec 20 2004, 08:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Oldsman @ Dec 20 2004, 08:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sno@Dec 20 2004, 06:52 PM
Quote:

my car is still spot less since winning Best of Class at the Olds Nats. but even being spotless it's still not a nice car.

the only cars that stay perfectly clean during the winter are garage queens, period.

so hey we can't win, either way. it's cool. :thumbsup: [/b][/quote]
lol, you should see my car, it's got a new paint job in the shade of road salt!

How about a new Aleromod.com AOTM theme. "DIRTIEST ALERO" ! I'm in for sure! :lol:

Sno 12-21-2004 09:18 AM

lol, thats awesome MAlero :thumbsup: whoever says salt isn't a color, is not a true believer hehe

Sno 12-21-2004 09:20 AM

lol, thats awesome MAlero :thumbsup: whoever says salt isn't a color, is not a true believer hehe

Sno 12-21-2004 09:25 AM

ptrudel 12-21-2004 10:19 AM

holly crap, so much arguing for just a pic....sorry schimmel03, i thought your picture would be more suitable for next months AOTM....just make sure to post up your picture and i'll put you in...

now if everyone will stop arguing i'd appreciate it...

and Sno, holly triple posts :eek: :P

Vtolds 12-21-2004 11:05 AM

That has to be the first triple post I have seen :) good work Sno