Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LA1 3400 Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   best 160 bucks iv ever spent (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25872)

Vinalero 02-18-2009 12:21 AM

OMG its a real joke then. What do they do, just check the goddamn hand brake? lol

AbHeLlRaZoR : what I mean is theres no required inspection on a regular basis, but cops can force you to pass an inspection if they think something is bad with your car, generally when you piss them off real bad.

Midgear 02-18-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiguilandry (Post 430833)
they passed a subaru sti with 3 inch straight exhaust with no problem just before me.... lol

what kinda inspection is that? :lol:

Midgear 02-18-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinalero (Post 430836)
OMG its a real joke then. What do they do, just check the goddamn hand brake? lol

3" straight exhaust, no cat.. PASS

no amber bulbs present.. PASS

illegal tint.. PASS

sound system that'll send the elderly into cardiac arrest.. PASS

SES light illuminated.. PASS

button on handbrake doesn't work.. FAIL

guiguilandry 02-18-2009 12:26 AM

I think they call that the safety inspection... really it is a joke

Beholder88 02-18-2009 07:27 AM

In responce to gutting a stock cat and leaving it on there, it creates more turbulence and thus is more restrictive. That's why that Miata showed crappier performance with a gutted cat instead of the straight pipe.

Nate's Alero 02-18-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoopidAlero (Post 430775)
OMG!! Not another animal abuser thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by modalero01 (Post 430779)
you know what you should do next??
Drill some holes in your muffler then put sheet rock screws in it to give it some tone. :) Lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misuseofyou (Post 430782)
IMO, stuff some broken glass in your tail pipe. Home made glasspack ftw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misuseofyou (Post 430818)
But.. but.. what about the environment? lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midgear (Post 430839)
3" straight exhaust, no cat.. PASS

no amber bulbs present.. PASS

illegal tint.. PASS

sound system that'll send the elderly into cardiac arrest.. PASS

SES light illuminated.. PASS

button on handbrake doesn't work.. FAIL

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiguilandry (Post 430842)
I think they call that the safety inspection... really it is a joke

LOLOLOLOL this thread is def. a basher thread

Gr1m 02-18-2009 08:41 AM

lol i wish it was that easy in NY

Nate's Alero 02-18-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr1m (Post 430888)
lol i wish it was that easy in NY

try california.... lol

Vinalero 02-18-2009 02:18 PM

Well we could all live in Japan, where if your car is older than (I dont remember the number of years, maybe someone can chime on this) you have to pass really strict inspections and it cost a shitload to only be able to drive the thing around. No wonder why so many cars are imported from japan at these low cost.

Dhoyle 02-18-2009 02:47 PM

its 5 yrs, and after that the tax goes sky high on it, thats why all the US military personal hangout around the junkyards cuz they are exempted from that tax, they can get a 5 yr old car for like 50 bucks, thats what my aerospace teacher told me. Japan does that so they dont have to import as much metal to build new cars. IE being self sufficent

Vinalero 02-18-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhoyle (Post 430979)
its 5 yrs, and after that the tax goes sky high on it, thats why all the US military personal hangout around the junkyards cuz they are exempted from that tax, they can get a 5 yr old car for like 50 bucks, thats what my aerospace teacher told me. Japan does that so they dont have to import as much metal to build new cars. IE being self sufficent

Thx Doyles, I knew it was something like that.

billytheman1188 02-18-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXMahanXcorEXx (Post 430691)
or just cut out your cat altogether :-) I did and I'm satisfied

:tool:

Does it sound like a 5.0 mustang!?!!?!?!!??!?!?!?!:eek: cause if it does, i wanna do it too! All the cool kids do it:lol:

Gr1m 02-18-2009 03:33 PM

i replaced my cat with a resonator because it was shot and i didnt feel like spending 100$
it does sound better then it did with the cat in it, but im not prancing around "OMG 2323@$ HP!!11!!"

rowdygls 02-18-2009 03:46 PM

I bought a Magnaflow hi-flow metal cat due to the one I wanted being stuck in some government testing. I can't really comment on the loudness outside of the car, but I've been told I am pretty loud but I sound really good and not that raspy for having the SLP cat back system.

xXManwhoreXx 02-18-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billytheman1188 (Post 430989)
:tool:

Does it sound like a 5.0 mustang!?!!?!?!!??!?!?!?!:eek: cause if it does, i wanna do it too! All the cool kids do it:lol:

I honestly can say I don't think I have seen you being positive on this forum once, you seriously have to be the biggest bitch I have ever seen, I would love to see you say half the shit you do on here to someones face in real life.

Misuseofyou 02-18-2009 09:08 PM

Ouch.

AlbinoMonkeyRat 02-18-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misuseofyou (Post 430782)
IMO, stuff some broken glass in your tail pipe. Home made glasspack ftw.

OMFG ROFL :haha:

billytheman1188 02-18-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXMahanXcorEXx (Post 431082)
I honestly can say I don't think I have seen you being positive on this forum once, you seriously have to be the biggest bitch I have ever seen, I would love to see you say half the shit you do on here to someones face in real life.

Ive been positive PLENTY of times. Its just when i see someone doing something completely retarded i have to say something. after doing dumb shit myself and having people call me out on it (blue engine bay), i feel like i have the job of educating the people who do stupid stuff.

Ask anybody on here thats been around for a while if im a negative person......im actually a really nice person. But when you go and post "OMG, its gonna sound like a 5.0 mustang woooooo!" your gonna get shit for it. How is losing back pressure and gas mileage going to help you at all? its just dumb..... dont get all offended though, just learn!:lol: (doesnt seem like you've dont that yet, cause you keep posting about removing your cat......even after NUMEROUS people have told you its a BAD idea):No: :nuts:

Dhoyle 02-18-2009 10:57 PM

yea id never remove a cat, the cops where im at would bend me over and have a field day on me.... without lube.... *wince* lols it happend to my friend, he got pulled over 6 times n one day cuz of no cat.

billytheman1188 02-19-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhoyle (Post 431157)
yea id never remove a cat, the cops where im at would bend me over and have a field day on me.... without lube.... *wince* lols it happend to my friend, he got pulled over 6 times n one day cuz of no cat.

Maybe the cops wont bother him, but its just dumb. The cat is there to do something, and to make it worse he doesnt have any big mods into his car. hes got a cai and thats it..... i can see if you wanted to straight pipe it cause you had a lot of good mods to the motor. But you have a whole 145 hp under that hood so you shouldnt cut the cat off;)