Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Installing the AAS Kit (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28194)

NickAlero2000 08-09-2009 12:07 AM

Sounds just like me 2 years ago, anyone remember the giant thing i planned on putting on the Alero? Still put it on, but in shrunk format. Then took it off.
Don't do it!

Psyfox 08-09-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickAlero2000 (Post 485541)
Sounds just like me 2 years ago, anyone remember the giant thing i planned on putting on the Alero? Still put it on, but in shrunk format. Then took it off.
Don't do it!

Lol, too late, it's already on. I'll have pictures for you guys soon, just relax.

StoopidAlero 08-09-2009 02:13 AM

No problem bro. Gotta back up my STL brother. And you going to school in rolla? My mom went there and my family grew up in rolla and eminence

Psyfox 08-09-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoopidAlero (Post 485569)
No problem bro. Gotta back up my STL brother. And you going to school in rolla? My mom went there and my family grew up in rolla and eminence

I am in fact, for mechanical and aerospace engineering. And that's kinda funny...small world. Well if you're ever passing through, I'm the RA at Kelly A this year. I'm sure she knows where that's at and can point ya. You'll probably see my Alero before you see me since it's parked on the street...I'm on the wait list for an actual parking pass, lol.

[ion] C2 08-09-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrestlingandrunning (Post 485500)
wow i can't wait to clean my car up and post pictures to see what ion says

:lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyfox (Post 485532)
Don't hate because I didn't drop 5k into turboing, which I don't think is the greatest idea for the Alero anyway because it's a front wheel drive car. Ion, I realize that you're a huge performance guy, and I respect that...hell I think your Alero is pretty awesome, but that's not the route I'm going (notice the siggy).

I spent $1300 on turbocharging. It could've been done for less if I hadn't used a $230 external wastegate. My mention of $5,000 was TOTAL. As in bodywork, paint, interior, engine, wheels, turbocharging and all other minor items.

I understand you're going for the show-car look, but just because it's a show car doesn't mean it has to be ugly. When you start seeing the same wing on every pile-o-shit on the road, you might regret putting it on. That's all I'm saying. By all means do what you want, we're just here to try and give you some tasteful advice so you don't make a mistake and have to re-mod over and over like I did lol. I used to have a huge wing.

kwhauck 08-09-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 485603)

I spent $1300 on turbocharging. It could've been done for less if I hadn't used a $230 external wastegate. My mention of $5,000 was TOTAL. As in bodywork, paint, interior, engine, wheels, turbocharging and all other minor items.

I understand you're going for the show-car look, but just because it's a show car doesn't mean it has to be ugly. When you start seeing the same wing on every pile-o-shit on the road, you might regret putting it on. That's all I'm saying. By all means do what you want, we're just here to try and give you some tasteful advice so you don't make a mistake and have to re-mod over and over like I did lol. I used to have a huge wing.

i used to have a fart can, a bunch of vynal stickers, and a rattle can paint job...:lol: :lol:

KenshinZero 08-09-2009 11:22 AM

Yeah please avoid the huge wing, every gawdy civic I see has that, and all the ricy V6 Mustange with asshats driving them have it, it has a real negative vibe to it, like it screams idk wtf im doing or something, IMO. I used to think haveing a spoiler was cool I wanted an aluminum one, but I realised that it was a bad idea, and kinda looked dumb, thankfully befor I ever bought one. Giv this some real searus thought, befor you go and do something you will regret.

wrestlingandrunning 08-09-2009 11:48 AM

oh don't post street racing stories a lot of people on here people do not like that and will get on you for it. So please edit that before someone else reads it.

KenshinZero 08-09-2009 12:30 PM

Street Racing = :thumbsdown: :badidea:

heineck 08-09-2009 12:58 PM

yeea id edit that, ur gunna catch flak, its on thing to race with a big group on a deserted street where ur out of peoples way but a race at a light? thats just askin for trouble

Oldsnut 08-09-2009 01:01 PM

Too late

[ion] C2 08-09-2009 02:52 PM

lol who are you guys talking about mentioning street racing

KenshinZero 08-09-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 485653)
lol who are you guys talking about mentioning street racing

:lol: Mods deleted it

AleroDrime 08-09-2009 03:14 PM

wheres the pictures at

worknprog.99 08-09-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 485603)

yes you spent 1300 k turboing because its a 4 banger.. im pretty sure his v6 would take more than that i found out the hard way

NickAlero2000 08-09-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwhauck (Post 485606)
i used to have a fart can, a bunch of vynal stickers, and a rattle can paint job...:lol: :lol:

I think everyone who has been into cars had a ricer stage at one point.

Psyfox 08-10-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleroRacing (Post 485657)
wheres the pictures at

Pictures will be up when I have some more time. Right now I'm going through training for my Residential Assistant position at my college and it literally eats up about 12 hours per day. I'll try and take some tomorrow, but right now I just got back from a 2 day camp and am just ready for bed.

NickAlero2000 08-10-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyfox (Post 486004)
Pictures will be up when I have some more time. Right now I'm going through training for my Residential Assistant position at my college and it literally eats up about 12 hours per day. I'll try and take some tomorrow, but right now I just got back from a 2 day camp and am just ready for bed.

So does mine! And I'm still chillen on here and have time for shit :lol:
:p

PappaSmurf 08-10-2009 10:39 PM

Psyfox,
Because you are my new "pick-on" buddy, I say post pics now or I will come down there and smack you around with a camera and hope to get some good pics that I can post up on the forums. LOL
Just kidding. I work 16 hour days and am on here most on the time, what are you complaining for?
-Smurf-

wrestlingandrunning 08-11-2009 01:02 AM

Yea take some pictures then come to import face-off sept 6th at kcir