Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Show & Straveganza (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   ASS 2013 10th Anniversary!!!! (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36164)

jawa 07-22-2012 03:15 PM

no ur right sleepy. permanent ban

sleepyalero 07-22-2012 04:00 PM

perm ban!

how dare you disrespect the Alero community, and how dare you be happy that ASS is going to be over. ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS

dont like it call it the "Alero show and Stravaganza" or you can call it ASS for short. like everyone else. :)

That01Olds 07-22-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyisthealero (Post 621836)
I'm glad your retiring that dumb name, I always considered it to be disgraceful and showed no respect to the Oldsmobile brand to have such a foolish name.

If you haven't been to ASS you wouldn't understand anyway. That's pretty sad though if you've never been considering you live in Michigan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyalero (Post 621860)
perm ban!

how dare you disrespect the Alero community, and how dare you be happy that ASS is going to be over. ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS

dont like it call it the "Alero show and Stravaganza" or you can call it ASS for short. like everyone else. :)

QFT.

Oldsman 07-22-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

I'm glad your retiring that dumb name, I always considered it to be disgraceful and showed no respect to the Oldsmobile brand to have such a foolish name.

sorry you disliked the initals to the Alero Show & Stravaganza. Unfortunely you can't please everyone and you are the first to complain. It was cool and funny back when I came up with it, with sweetalero.

However what is disrespectful is GM killing Olds. Or better yet how the alero communtity is look at by the older Olds people. When we park our cars next to a 70's or 60's Olds we get dirty looks and they start saying crap. But within the Olds cumminty if you don't own the norm you are looked down on.

How about the disrespect Chevy owners have given Olds over all the years. Hell i have seen more respect from Ford and Mopar owners.

Just saying there is a lot other disrespect out there toweards the Alero and Olds. If anything ASS might be fitting cause Olds got screwed in the ASS by GM. also sometimes treated like an ASS (donkey) do the work and no respect and ASS is the first thing that gets shit on (that is why we wipe).

sleepyalero 07-22-2012 06:12 PM

well put!

JLw7123 07-22-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

What the hell is wrong with the name and it is pretty sad that you have never been and you LIVE in Michigan. I know i have never gone but I still respect it and i bet it is a lot of fun. Also disgrace to Oldsmobile explain to me how it is disrespecful. Also PERMA BAN.

JLw7123 07-22-2012 09:43 PM

I am not making any promises but i am going to try to make it. i will be done with college by then.

Oldsnut 07-22-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

ASS is an Acronym for Alero Show & Stravaganza, the only ASS on the forum is you.

Just the fact that this show has been put on shows respect for Oldsmobile. I say we continue you it just to piss you off.

AleroB888 07-22-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldsnut (Post 621878)
ASS is an Acronym for Alero Show & Stravaganza, the only ASS on the forum is you.

Just the fact that this show has been put on shows respect for Oldsmobile. I say we continue you it just to piss you off.

Ironically, my cars get more respect from the import crowd. I thought there might be some kind of interest in a late-model BOP type event, but I don't know of any clubs for Buick Century. And that's a different platform, isn't it?

Redog 07-23-2012 08:11 PM

What pisses me off is that ou talk bad about the name, live in Michigan, and have YET to come to a show :rolleyes2:

Honestly, this is why ASS is going to stop at 10. People say they are going to come out, and then they come up with some stupid ass excuse of why they can't make it. We have a lot of Michigan people on the board, and they all ssay "Sounds great, I'll be there" and most of them don't make it. You have 11-12 months to plan, save, get the car ready. so STFU, do what you need to do, and I'll see you, in person, in Michigan or IL.

The saddest thing is that Bertta-Fest, a car they stopped making in 1996, still pulls in about 30 cars a year, and that show started in 1997 :eek:

sleepyalero 07-24-2012 01:47 AM

I'd never miss it! It's a good fun weekend vacation.

Redog 07-25-2012 02:07 AM

I've made the trip 9 times.

One year with a preggo that had to pee and shit every 3 hours

One year with a 7 month old, and a milk maid (had to stop more for the milk :rolleyes2: )

One year all alone, with a bad head gasket

One year with a German kid riding shotgun

Last year with a 3 year old, who was better in the car than hismom ever was :lol:

I live 691 miles/11 hours (13+ with the ex) away,

and you're excuse is....

sleepyalero 07-25-2012 08:04 AM

Lol

JLw7123 07-25-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 622038)
I've made the trip 9 times.

One year with a preggo that had to pee and shit every 3 hours

One year with a 7 month old, and a milk maid (had to stop more for the milk :rolleyes2: )

One year all alone, with a bad head gasket

One year with a German kid riding shotgun

Last year with a 3 year old, who was better in the car than hismom ever was :lol:

I live 691 miles/11 hours (13+ with the ex) away,

and you're excuse is....

Very well put.

Nate's Alero 07-25-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 621937)
What pisses me off is that ou talk bad about the name, live in Michigan, and have YET to come to a show :rolleyes2:

Honestly, this is why ASS is going to stop at 10. People say they are going to come out, and then they come up with some stupid ass excuse of why they can't make it. We have a lot of Michigan people on the board, and they all ssay "Sounds great, I'll be there" and most of them don't make it. You have 11-12 months to plan, save, get the car ready. so STFU, do what you need to do, and I'll see you, in person, in Michigan or IL.

The saddest thing is that Bertta-Fest, a car they stopped making in 1996, still pulls in about 30 cars a year, and that show started in 1997 :eek:

Fine. What if we set a limit of people to come, and if we exceed that limit, ASS continues for another year? And we run ASS like that? With the threat of no more ASS people would be more apt to come? I know this sounds bad coming from someone who has pulled the "i'm coming" gesture more then once. But i sincerely plan on coming out next year, even if it takes me to my dying breath.

jawa 07-25-2012 11:41 AM

i like nate's idea. i vote yes

JLw7123 07-25-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jawa (Post 622060)

x2

sleepyalero 07-25-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jawa (Post 622060)

nates idea, i doubt that, look how many people always say hey ill be there, then they back out. i dont even think we had all 17 or 18 people that said they were coming to ass.

03Sleepr 07-25-2012 06:46 PM

I like nates idea, because I want to go to more than 1 ASS!

Redog 07-25-2012 07:37 PM