Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ld9 Engine Rebuild (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18091)

DOHC_tuner 06-23-2007 11:36 PM

where can I get some wiesco pistons and eagle rods for the ld9 alero?

MixtapeMessiah 06-24-2007 02:30 AM

carcustoms.net

MixtapeMessiah 06-24-2007 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner (Post 287374)
didnt you just by it from spy and had problems with it

nah he forgot to send me a bolt, but I got it already so its all gravy

Spilner521 07-01-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSweat83 (Post 287376)
Of course you can look at spilner's setup. That's why I was wondering why he said that. Like oldsman said if you do decide to use nitrous use wet and not dry.

I don't have nitrous. I said ditch the nitrous with boost idea because you're putting all kinds of strain on the engine already with boost. Nitrous hits so much harder and more violently than boost that you really increase risk of blowing something up unless it's absolutely, 100% perfectly tuned. It's doable, but the tuning is very, very critical, I'm talking hours upon hours on a dyno to get everything perfectly dialed in. I personally would never use nitrous on a turbo engine, but that's just me.

DOHC_tuner 07-01-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spilner521 (Post 288581)
I don't have nitrous. I said ditch the nitrous with boost idea because you're putting all kinds of strain on the engine already with boost. Nitrous hits so much harder and more violently than boost that you really increase risk of blowing something up unless it's absolutely, 100% perfectly tuned. It's doable, but the tuning is very, very critical, I'm talking hours upon hours on a dyno to get everything perfectly dialed in. I personally would never use nitrous on a turbo engine, but that's just me.

exactly thats why im going to hold off on nitrous for right now. I first want to get a feel of the boost and learn how to lay down a good tune. Then when I get another vehicle i can spend time on the dyno as much as i need. Hey spliner does your intake pipe connect to the other inlet of the intercooler or where does that inlet on the drive side of the intercooler go? thankz

Spilner521 07-01-2007 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner (Post 288596)
exactly thats why im going to hold off on nitrous for right now. I first want to get a feel of the boost and learn how to lay down a good tune. Then when I get another vehicle i can spend time on the dyno as much as i need. Hey spliner does your intake pipe connect to the other inlet of the intercooler or where does that inlet on the drive side of the intercooler go? thankz

I have the hot side pipe running from the turbo, to the passenger side, down into the fender area, and connected to the intercooler. I have the cold side pipe running from the intercooler into the driver side fender area and up through the whole where the stock intake tube used to be, up and around the battery and over to the throttle body.

NoSweat83 07-01-2007 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spilner521 (Post 288581)
I don't have nitrous.

Then what is the block with 4 hard lines comming off it to the intake manifold for?

DOHC_tuner 07-02-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSweat83 (Post 288620)
Then what is the block with 4 hard lines comming off it to the intake manifold for?

those are his extra injectors shooting right through the ports of the runners of the intake to the ports of the head. He tuned it by ear and a knob and a great job too

DOHC_tuner 07-02-2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spilner521 (Post 288615)
I have the hot side pipe running from the turbo, to the passenger side, down into the fender area, and connected to the intercooler. I have the cold side pipe running from the intercooler into the driver side fender area and up through the whole where the stock intake tube used to be, up and around the battery and over to the throttle body.

yeah i thought so

Spilner521 07-11-2007 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner (Post 288646)
those are his extra injectors shooting right through the ports of the runners of the intake to the ports of the head. He tuned it by ear and a knob and a great job too

I tuned it by ear? Last time I checked I couldn't see my AEM Wideband A/F gauge through my ear...

But yes, those are fuel lines for the extra injectors. My new setup will have a rail for the extra injectors instead of individual lines.

Headstrong2740 07-11-2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spilner521 (Post 290060)
I tuned it by ear? Last time I checked I couldn't see my AEM Wideband A/F gauge through my ear...

But yes, those are fuel lines for the extra injectors. My new setup will have a rail for the extra injectors instead of individual lines.

im just curiouse as to why you used extra injectors? I mean was it because you kept the stock ones in and are running more for the extra fuel shots... or did you upgrade and have the extra for a diff. purpose. Im running the 750cc fuel inj. with a 250 liter per hour fuel pump..... im just curiouse with that as to why you need the extra shots of fuel in the intake before it even hits the port of the head with the other injectors.

spyhunter 07-11-2007 09:55 PM

for extre fuel perhaps? since that was his way for solving adding additional fuel?

DOHC_tuner 07-11-2007 10:13 PM

okay i was going to start another thread for part 2 of the rebuild LD9 and title it parts for the rebuild. But since this thread is still receiving posts well here it is. I currently am in the process of buying everything that i need for the project. I already sent the block to the shop so now waithing on them. It took me 3 hours to tear the engine down to the block. I just got my t3/t4 turbo in the mail today(looks funkn beatiful!)will the turbo manifold for a Z24 work on the Alero?( pic down below) I am new to turbo to please help anyone, thankz
and heres some pics also of the High Output Intake Manifold with the tabs grinded off with an angle grinder, real easy to do

spyhunter 07-12-2007 05:58 PM

ahh that's a top mount turbo manifold... It should clear the hood no problem, and from the looks of it, I believe it shouldn't make the turbo hit the firewall at all. Only you test fitting it will tell. Nobody I have seen is running that manifold yet except maybe one or two jbody guys.

That's a reallly new manifold to come to market.

DOHC_tuner 07-12-2007 06:21 PM

yeah I dont believe I'll will have an issue with it hitting the hood, but maybe with the firewall. So should I buy it and just try and see or does anyone else know? Considering spy doesnt know probably no one else knows:( help

alerojack 07-12-2007 06:49 PM

thats a nice looking turbo manifold, where did you buy that from? i also have the log style but is not as nice looking as that one and the turbo also mounts on the back side of the manifold.

DOHC_tuner 07-12-2007 07:02 PM

I havent bought it yet, I typed in Z24 turbo manifold on ebay and thats what came up.