Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   High end Alero Bodykits (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13804)

powerlifter812 07-21-2006 08:57 AM

High end Alero Bodykits

I'm curious to know how many of you would be interested in some high end fiberglass and carbon fiber lip kits, bodykits, hoods, and maybe wings?
A friend of mine is starting a new company and trying to decide which cars he will build for. Right now he's thinking Audi, BMW, Mazda (RX7), Toyota (Supra), Lexus (is300), Nissan, ect. He Told me that if there was enough of a market, he would be willing to START with alero lip kits (front lip, side skirts, and rear vallances). The kits will be very high end (Veilside style) and will go from mild (lip kits) to wild (Wide body kits and hoods).
I need to know what type of price range alero owners are willing to pay and what everyone's level of interest is.
Let me know.

FartCannonAlero 07-21-2006 10:05 AM

id love to get my hands on a hood with a scoop for a not so high of a price

cruisinalero 07-21-2006 11:03 AM

knowing past topics of this nature...
cheaper the better...
also depends on style...

ptrudel 07-21-2006 11:14 AM

not to rain on your parade, but you're never gonna get enough pre-buys...

eag182 07-21-2006 11:39 AM

cheap cheap cheap

burg03 07-21-2006 11:49 AM

it really doesnt matter to me. As long as it looks good.

AlbinoMonkeyRat 07-21-2006 11:58 AM

do you have any renderings (pictures/photoshops) of such kits, perhaps to stir up some more interest?

BlackJack 07-21-2006 12:06 PM

three little letters: O - S - V

cruisinalero 07-21-2006 12:14 PM

always liked this hood....

DUSTIN0285 07-21-2006 12:26 PM

It Like A 05 Grand Am Style Hood With The Twin Ram Air Scoops

TwistedDreams 07-21-2006 08:34 PM

damn I like that alero anymore pics?

powerlifter812 07-21-2006 10:25 PM

I think that he is sort of thinking about something like this for the lip kit (something subtle) and one of the MANY hood ideas he has. He is looking at doing different stages of kits. Stage 1: mild and subtle - Stage ??? Extreme Show Pieces (full wide body kits). Sorry about my photoshopping abilities, or lack there of. If you guys want to email me your different ideas for design I'll get them to him, he is still very interested in our idea.
my email is powerlifter812@hotmail.com

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...181_4_full.jpg

jturkey69 07-22-2006 12:16 AM

the only problem is the alero isnt mainstream, and im not trying to dogg our aleros, but your friend from a business standpoint will not make money from most of us as we are either young and trying to be different or with family and cant afford too much......with that said.....if he can make a "lip" kit to resemble OSV...or make the entire thing...he would rake in some cash as thats the ONLY kit to really have for a 2door...4doors need the razzi...in one piece fame, and some kind of sc/t side like mine that blends better for a widebody look...lol....but thats just me and my cheesehead opinions

Cliff8928 07-22-2006 02:25 AM

He would probably be able to make the most with an OSV inspired spoiler. I wouldn't mind something, as long as it looks like it belongs there, and not tacked on. I'd like to see some examples first.

Coldfire 07-22-2006 03:23 AM

Eh, got to be with Jturkey and 2000...if he's only willing to do it if there's enough of a market it probably won't happen...modding aleros just isn't popular enough

powerlifter812 07-22-2006 01:21 PM

A wise man once said "Don't tell me why it can't be done, show me how it can". The way I look at it, I'm getting a kit either way and while I do appreciate your market scope and welcome everyones oppinion, I truly think that we should be looking at not only the current Alero owners, but the Alero owners of the future. I think that if Veilside were to come up with some sick Alero kit, you'd see a heck of a lot more Alero's in the "tuner world". This friend of mine is going to make it weather he does Alero's or not, so I say why not take advantage of this opportunity to have some Alero's step up their game. Here's the link to my crappy photoshopping of what I think he's talking about for the lip kit and hood. http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...181_4_full.jpg
Remember this is still totally open to suggestion. I'll also talk to him about the OSV kit and see what he thinks.

SweetNLow 07-22-2006 07:31 PM

this will never happen

burg03 07-22-2006 08:29 PM

Powerlifter812 I think its cool you trying to get more kits out there for the alero nation. I checked your link and I think that maybe this lip kit should be more OSV like. Like molding the front lip to the front bumper, bring the lip and side skirts closer to the ground to give it a more lowering effect maybe. As for the hood...not digging the vent on the side, but could use the scoop further back and spreded out a bit more,I guess..........

TwistedDreams 07-22-2006 08:32 PM

The alero in that link looks like shit...

burg03 07-22-2006 08:43 PM

he he he hehehehehehehehehehe lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!