Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Boostie Boostie 2.4 Twinnie (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10067)

Spy 11-17-2005 09:30 PM

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?f...=grand%20am&p=0

cherrington17 11-17-2005 09:35 PM

daaayyuummm he needs to tune that. i'm not even an engine guy and that sounds pretty bad.

pawzbear 11-17-2005 09:40 PM

that car is straight busted. they cant even afford to put the right color parts on their car..
but they scraped up for that turbo only to end up f***ing the mechanics of the car up, most likely.
sounds like ass.

Spy 11-17-2005 09:47 PM

funny.. that car ran 13.8, and has an open downpipe/dumptube... aka no exhaust just downpipe

SikMindz 11-17-2005 10:02 PM

f***in' newbs. Nice vids Spy.

Molson 11-17-2005 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pawzbear@Nov 17 2005, 09:40 PM
that car is straight busted. they cant even afford to put the right color parts on their car..
but they scraped up for that turbo only to end up f***ing the mechanics of the car up, most likely.
sounds like ass.

You should learn a little bit before spouting off.

Because the car was repaired means he can't afford "the right color parts?" There is nothing "f**cked up" about it. Its open downpipe and runs 13s. Sure it may be a little loud, but it'll run circles around your car.

PlainOldOlds 11-17-2005 11:05 PM

I'm all for performance... but if he can't drive around town without making a specactle of himself anymore, why bother?
That said, Nice vids. ;)

Spy 11-17-2005 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PlainOldOlds@Nov 18 2005, 04:05 AM
I'm all for performance... but if he can't drive around town without making a specactle of himself anymore, why bother?
That said, Nice vids. ;)

maybe i'm not at the drive around everyday phase yet? ever thought of that?

nguyen187 11-17-2005 11:21 PM

well it looks fck'd up to me!!! :-)

don't worry bout the stalling out thang, its a turbo thang!

pawzbear 11-18-2005 12:16 AM

well, to me, there are priorities with a car... such as keeping it in good running condition. i wouldnt skimp on other things just to make it fast and loud. all in time. patience. =/ if it is stalling out all the time then that is a BAD thing. sure you can throw a turbo in it and be fast and loud and whatever, but its just gonna tear up the car if its not done right =/
yeh. i dont know crap about turbos and all that jazz, but anybody can tell that there is something wrong with the car =/ whats the use of having a fast car if it wont even stay running? We learned this lesson with our firebird.. modded out the engine pretty heavily, and it had tons of power, but it would never run quite right.. so we ditched a little to have a sound car.

natedawg9640 11-18-2005 12:49 AM

there's nothing wrong with a little body work being needed... it's a sleeper car now... well... if you are a deaf person then it's a sleeper car.... you'd be quite amazed on how loud it will still be once the exhaust is ran out the back... it's awesome sounding... i know this isn't the place to sell stuff but do you have any use for a brand spanking new MSD Disk 2 setup? check the bazzar or PM me

Spy 11-18-2005 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by natedawg9640@Nov 18 2005, 05:49 AM
there's nothing wrong with a little body work being needed... it's a sleeper car now... well... if you are a deaf person then it's a sleeper car.... you'd be quite amazed on how loud it will still be once the exhaust is ran out the back... it's awesome sounding... i know this isn't the place to sell stuff but do you have any use for a brand spanking new MSD Disk 2 setup? check the bazzar or PM me

I'm runnin' and MSD DIS 2 for my two step amongst other things..

Spy 11-18-2005 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by pawzbear@Nov 18 2005, 05:16 AM
well, to me, there are priorities with a car... such as keeping it in good running condition. i wouldnt skimp on other things just to make it fast and loud. all in time. patience. =/ if it is stalling out all the time then that is a BAD thing. sure you can throw a turbo in it and be fast and loud and whatever, but its just gonna tear up the car if its not done right =/
yeh. i dont know crap about turbos and all that jazz, but anybody can tell that there is something wrong with the car =/ whats the use of having a fast car if it wont even stay running? We learned this lesson with our firebird.. modded out the engine pretty heavily, and it had tons of power, but it would never run quite right.. so we ditched a little to have a sound car.

I really don't think you are making a good case, especially against my car.
It's obvious I don't drive the car daily yet due to the fact that it isn't tuned where it needs to be, I drive a JEEP Cherokee daily thanks much.
For one the main issue was the idle and moving from an idle, being too rich you'd have to rev it up occasionally so it'd spit out the um...... richnesss.. yeah that's it....
The vids were from two weeks ago, i had some friends in town and they took a lil video of the car...
Third.. the problem was not the car stalling out, it never stalled out. The map sensor wasn't very pleased where it was located, which helped make driveability on the rich side of things where it would make hte car burp a fireball or two...
Fourth... over the weekend I went to the shop so that myself and my co-hort tuner man can sort these issues out, put in a new intake manifold gasket (small vacuum leak), and ended up giving the map sensor a new home on a new port on the intake manifold.. the old spot was too pinched for good vacuum...
Fifth... the car idles great, the car starts up great, the car drives a million times better and is doing exactly what it needs to be doing for a daily driver.
Nothing wrong w/ open downpipe when you mainly drive the car to the track and for romping out on the highway.... it puts the ladies into a dreamlike state so they don't freak out.

the only issue remains is when are my carbon fiber panels coming in? Only the freight truck guy knows the answer to that one.. hood, fenders, trunk.... that and my blacked out headlamps... will rest the case of the visual defects.....

thanks have a nice day...

Oldsman 11-18-2005 01:27 AM

can;t wait to build mine

cherrington17 11-18-2005 11:14 PM

Quote:

Fourth... over the weekend I went to the shop so that myself and my co-hort tuner man can sort these issues out, put in a new intake manifold gasket (small vacuum leak), and ended up giving the map sensor a new home on a new port on the intake manifold.. the old spot was too pinched for good vacuum...

any chance you can get a quick vid of the car after the tuning? i don't know very many people on here who really dislike the sound and look of a properly tuned turbo'd car. lol

Lovestheh20 11-19-2005 01:22 AM

spy explainations help, people like to assume around here. Definately put a vid up of the car doing a straight away - we know that you're a track kinda guy so we wanna see what the car was actually built up for! (not driving around the neighborhood making lots of noise) I can tell the vids dont do justice. keep us updated.

pawzbear 11-19-2005 01:59 AM

im sorry.. really didnt mean to attack YOU, i didnt know it was YOUR car... i have been rather moody lately.. im trying!! =(
but yeh.. cool tho.. turbo.. something i will never have *cries*

Spy 11-19-2005 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by pawzbear@Nov 19 2005, 06:59 AM
im sorry.. really didnt mean to attack YOU, i didnt know it was YOUR car... i have been rather moody lately.. im trying!! =(
but yeh.. cool tho.. turbo.. something i will never have *cries*

it's funny that if it was someone else's car it's a loudmouth pos... but since I put my name on it.. it's coooooooooooooooooooooooooool...

Spy 11-19-2005 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lovestheh20@Nov 19 2005, 06:22 AM
spy explainations help, people like to assume around here.Â;-) Definately put a vid up of the car doing a straight away - we know that you're a track kinda guy so we wanna see what the car was actually built up for! (not driving around the neighborhood making lots of noise)Â;-) I can tell the vids dont do justice. keep us updated.

Well, like I believe i said.. I had people that were in town visit me. one of them had a lil camera to take video. I don't own a video camera.. my car is actually well documented in photographs... just hit me on the AIM: monkthe1

I have scanned timeslips, I have pictures of the setup. I dont have a video camera though. Now if anybody comes to vegas or so cal with a video camera and can upload online, we'll be in business...

Until then nobody is going to see any video of my car tuned and on the track till that happens.

I will be at Las Vegas motorspeedway December 2nd, and most likely at a track in southern california December 3rd.. so those are two chances of catching me in action...

And most definitely people don't know what a true open downpipe turbo car sounds like... The sound quality is honestly a piece of poop on the video, it's a video of course with a miniature cell phone thing for a mic.

Too bad you can't hear the flutter of the blow off, and the spooling of the turbo proper. It truly is a mean pissed off sounding machine, a very very far cry from any exhaust leakin' rice box anywhere.

ptrudel 11-19-2005 08:57 AM

who cares what it sounds like right now...its NOT tuned....i'd be runnin around happier then a pig in poop if my motor was doin that....i can't wait to see the final outcome spy :thumb: