Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Aleromod.com Showcase (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My Alero updated (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28727)

TdotAlero 09-14-2009 09:25 PM

My Alero updated

Took some new pictures recently and thought I will update what she looks like right now (and what she has modded).
I got her this past winter in a horrible condition. Everything has since been fixed and I did a few modifications to her. Since me and my wife had a baby girl born in March, some of my plans for the Alero have changed. I had less money to put into the car, but I still think she looks nice for a family car. She's a 2000 3.4 V6 Alero btw.

Here's the only picture that I have from January, when I first got her:

She had a passenger side tail light and driver's side fog light missing. A nice rust spot on the hood, scratches and dents all over bumpers, fogged headlamps, shot bearings, no power steering, no heating/air conditioning, bad brakes and so on...

Here's what she look like today, all cleaned and fixed, happy to be alive again ;)

I have cleaned the tailights to make them as clear as possible. Installed a pair of chrome dual muffler tips, fixed the dents and scratches on the bumper and tinted the third brake light.

I tinted the windows (yes I tinted them myself) to 15% all around. It contrasts nice with the silver mist color.

Painted the headlight bezels flat black. I kept the amber corners though... hate me :)

Installed some nice euro white/blueish bulbs for DRL and high beams. Cheap bulbs, no HIDs for now.

Got a nice set of Michelin tires for the upcoming winter.

Cleaned the engine, and painted some parts gold.

Changing the bearing...

Alero in the garage :) Working on the brakes, put Monroe brakes on her.

Detailed the interior

My Pioneer head unit instead of stock radio and I also put a pair of Pioneer 6x9s in the back, 120W each.

223 thousand kms and running strong.

I ordered a CAI which should be coming soon.
In the near future I am planning to get a HID kit for winter, need to do a full tune up, and am planning to instal LEDs in my dash lights (gauges/switches etc.)
After winted I will probably put some nice rims on her, lower her a little and am thinking of getting a nice exhaust. That's it for now, am open to ideas and suggestions :)

Chipmunk-Alero 09-14-2009 09:38 PM

I say wood dash kit. That is if you like it.

TdotAlero 09-14-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipmunk-Alero (Post 494669)
I say wood dash kit. That is if you like it.

Yeah been looking into that. But I don't like the way the kits from eBay are just plain stickers. They are too cheap looking for way too high price.. :lol:

Chipmunk-Alero 09-14-2009 10:21 PM

Try "alero dash kit" in google and see what you an find. The name Sherwood is in my head for some reason.

DOHC_tuner 09-14-2009 11:13 PM

Great job. Feels good doesn't it? Can you get some day pics of your headlights for me? I painted my bezels black too but Im wondering how it would look with the amber piece still installed.

TdotAlero 09-14-2009 11:24 PM

It sure does haha.
I personally like the amber reflector+black bezel combo. Here's a pic for you:

AbHeLlRaZoR 09-14-2009 11:34 PM

mmm road salt, not bad get some rims, lower it if you want to, and maybe exhaust and you'll be set.

tw0123 09-15-2009 11:37 AM

car looks good... keep up the good work... btw, congrats on the new addition... we had a baby girl in july, so i know how you feel!!!

lonnie 09-15-2009 11:41 AM

looking good

mrmike 09-15-2009 02:07 PM

+1 for painted bezels with the reflector left in!

Chipmunk-Alero 09-15-2009 02:19 PM

^^ Nice wheels...

TdotAlero 09-15-2009 03:39 PM

Thanks guys, I will try to keep her looking clean.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tw0123 (Post 494807)
btw, congrats on the new addition... we had a baby girl in july, so i know how you feel!!!

Thanks. Lot's of sleepless nights ;)

And yeah, those are nice rims mrmike.

Atmosphere 09-15-2009 10:56 PM

Looks great! Some of the simplest touches can make all the difference.

By the way, that's probably the cleanest stock engine bay I've ever seen. Good job, you have an eye for detail.

Alero4life 01-23-2010 10:02 PM

how did u get ur tail lights like that^^^

That01Olds 01-23-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alero4life (Post 521731)
how did u get ur tail lights like that^^^

They are Anderbra's made by Anderbrainnovations. Here is the website http://www.anderbrainnovations.com/, but last I heard there was a nice waiting list to get a set of them for your Alero.

Weazel 02-07-2010 01:13 AM

Great! :yahoo:

I'm glad another beaten and abused Alero was relocated to a loving home! Why is it okay to beat your car, but not your children?

...wait...

Caboose73 02-07-2010 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That01Olds (Post 521742)
They are Anderbra's made by Anderbrainnovations. Here is the website http://www.anderbrainnovations.com/, but last I heard there was a nice waiting list to get a set of them for your Alero.

Dont buy anything from him he stole all of are money in the group buy that we set up over a year ago

Nate's Alero 02-07-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weazel (Post 524378)
Great! :yahoo:

I'm glad another beaten and abused Alero was relocated to a loving home! Why is it okay to beat your car, but not your children?

...wait...

haha, you should have seen my two, 300 and 500, both 99's, both dead and rusting away...

one has so much money into it, i'll have to keep it... one is getting done up now, needed LIM gaskets, so i did heads and LIM gaskets, so, i saved to myself :coolio:

JLw7123 02-07-2010 10:12 AM

car looks good ya get some rims.

TdotAlero 02-07-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLw7123 (Post 524402)
car looks good ya get some rims.

I'm in the process of putting 18s on it. Just looking for decent tires that would fit.