Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   new member (and new alero) (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18863)

AJules 08-24-2007 01:13 PM

new member (and new alero)

Well I'm 17 and I just bought this Alero, I saw the price and thought it was a pretty good deal.
here are some pictures.

As of right now, the engine is completely stock, but I want to start modding it. It's a 2.4 twin cam, but I've looked and found next to nothing for it (first I'd like to put a CAI into it first, but all i've found are WAIs). Any suggestions?

And also, one of the headlights was replaced, and the other one has turned yellow, is there a way I can fix this, or should I just replace it? (before I clear my corners, hah)

I also have a fog light out, where can I get one and how much will it cost?

troyertrain 08-24-2007 02:02 PM

ohhhh my gaaaaawd, that thing is hideous. im sorry, but the paint job is terrible (its not even symmetrical), the wing needs to go, the dual canisters are not a good idea.

as for the headlight, there is a thread on here somewhere that deals with the yellowing. i cant find it right now, but hopefully somebody will find it. also, the fog light is an 894 bulb, and costs about $5-$10 depending on brands at any auto parts store. welcome to the site by the way, you will enjoy it on here...:)

DUSTIN0285 08-24-2007 02:04 PM

......... Can you say "RICE"........???

That single wiper looks dumb as hell!!! But it dont matter what I think, as long as you like the car thats all that matters!

AJules 08-24-2007 02:13 PM

yeah, was a little too ricey for my tastes too, don't ask why it's only painted on one side, the guy who had it before me did everything

i can't stand the single wiper either I don't know why the guy even did it, but i'm gonna get that changed too

as far as the paint goes, I really don't know what i'm gonna do but for now i'm gonna leave it how it is.. I was gonna think about doing the other side but I have to find out how much it's gonna cost

thanks about the fog though, i'm gonna stop by a store today to see if i can pick itup

antichrysler 08-24-2007 03:05 PM

lol that's the second ugliest alero i've ever seen
.but welcome

AJules 08-24-2007 03:07 PM

well any suggestions?
I'm serious, I know the paint is pretty unusual, I haven't decided whether I like it or not yet but what should I do with it?
the wing is staying for now, but the wiper has got to go asap

MixtapeMessiah 08-24-2007 03:23 PM

I thought ive seen ugly aleros intil I laid my eyes on urs. It has rice writtin all over it, Id go to the guy u bought it from and bitch slap the hell outta him, wtf was he thinkin honestly. Take that wing off, paint and and it would look a hell of a lot better. Wtf does a single wiper blade do? lol

but anyones if u dont wanna pay hundreds of dollars for CAI Id buy a WAI and turn it into a cai, get a header, and just search through the forum. Plenty of 2.4 owners have gone turbo on this site but since we have the z24 cavalier engine Id say go over to jbody.net

AJules 08-24-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixtapeMessiah (Post 296756)
I thought ive seen ugly aleros intil I laid my eyes on urs. It has rice writtin all over it, Id go to the guy u bought it from and bitch slap the hell outta him, wtf was he thinkin honestly. Take that wing off, paint and and it would look a hell of a lot better. Wtf does a single wiper blade do? lol

but anyones if u dont wanna pay hundreds of dollars for CAI Id buy a WAI and turn it into a cai, get a header, and just search through the forum. Plenty of 2.4 owners have gone turbo on this site but since we have the z24 cavalier engine Id say go over to jbody.net

lol i heard he was an artist of some sort i guess?

and I don't know, guess he wanted half of his car painted for some reason?
I'm hesitant to take the wing off because won't there be some pretty large holes where it was drilled in?

thanks for the ideas though because yeah, 300+ dollars for the CAIs I found is a little bit pricey on my budget, i'll probably just end up buying one of those WAIs on ebay for cheap, not sure if it's worth the risk though (I don't really trust ebay).

but yeah, turbo is definitely out of my budget as of right now, I'd like to in the future though, what should i expect to pay? about 3000+? Or i heard about the gm supercharger for under 2k that i could use with my same internals. I'll just have to wait and see.

TheMeaningOfLife 08-24-2007 04:13 PM

Well let me go out on a limb here and be the first to give you a warm welcome. Welcome to aleromod, theres alot to learn and alot to do! If you painted that sucker straight black, razzi or stock spolier and two wipers, youd have yourself a kick ass alero.

MixtapeMessiah 08-24-2007 04:34 PM

They make plastic covers for the holes when u take the spoiler off, a homie of mine had a pair on his mustang whenever he took his spoiler off at the drags. Also on my alero when I had her I bought one of those WAI's for like 15 bucks, did a good job to me but u can buy adapters and other metal pieces to make ur own CAI down into the fender. Since u dont have tons of money for mods there is lil things to do to keep ur ho lookin good, just search around the forum, cuz come on u already got the body kit outta the way so u can work on interior mods or the system

teflone 08-24-2007 05:34 PM

Give the guy a break!

I dont think its that bad..

Its unique.. Im guessing its a razzi kit.. hard to tell from photos..

its a great start..

I would just buy a new headlight assembly, and Im not a fan of big wings, but that one aint too bad..

the single wiper is diff.. interesting..
I overall like it..

Its got all the exterior done.. muff, kit, interesting paint, fancy lights in one headlight anyway..

Great start.. keep it going..

Engine looks kinda clean too..

Glad to have ya aboard..

Dont listen to the negativity, thats all anyone has to say around here..

Half the negative post are from people that have sold their alero..

So BAH humbug to them..

DUSTIN0285 08-24-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJules (Post 296741)
Well I'm 17 and I just bought this Alero, I saw the price and thought it was a pretty good deal

If ya don't mind me askin, how much did ya pay???

jayson_waltz 08-24-2007 06:45 PM

Welcome, this site should have lots of info. on how to make your car look a LOT better. I'm not likin the spoiler, paintjob, or dual fart cans. But thoses things aside, its not that bad. What year is it? If its 2000 or newer you could supercharge it for a pretty good price.

Daytona 08-24-2007 06:53 PM

Welcome aboard.

strizay 08-24-2007 07:40 PM

The paint, kit and the wheels look good. I never liked that spoiler on anything. The single wiper is different, if it works good I would keep it. For the headlights, clear the corners and get some hids. Maybe a magnaflow exhaust? True duals, but with quads.

2.2l Monster 08-24-2007 08:37 PM

Other than the spoiler I think it looks pretty good, one of a kind fur sure!

[ion] C2 08-24-2007 09:39 PM

I umm... actually like the way that spoiler looks on it. >_>

I hate the paint job, and the single wiper WTFFFFFFFFFFFF GAY. Also fart cans are a big no-no.

Also I found something available for the 2.4L
|
V

SittinOnChrome 08-24-2007 10:12 PM

its better than starting out with a stock alero...... lose that wing... this should be your first priority !!

lonnie 08-24-2007 10:54 PM

Not feeling it but can't wait to see the progress. Good luck

Oldsnut 08-24-2007 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJules (Post 296754)
well any suggestions?
I'm serious, I know the paint is pretty unusual, I haven't decided whether I like it or not yet but what should I do with it?
the wing is staying for now, but the wiper has got to go asap

The wing should go the way as the single wiper, OH MY GOD!!! Please remove the fart cans and install some tasteful tips.