Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Aleromod.com Showcase (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Air suspension progress (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30562)

Alerojester 03-01-2012 07:52 AM

I don't mind the look of lowered cars i actually think it looks hella good the way his looks, actually the first time i saw it my jaw dropped like damn that's sexy but to each his/her own......

AftermathAlero 05-15-2012 01:19 AM

Ahh I do miss my old car! I hope mike is keeping her well. I was just looking at old photos a few days ago.

xXManwhoreXx 05-15-2012 01:23 AM

Aftermath back from the dead!

xXManwhoreXx 05-15-2012 01:29 AM

And goodman.. Door poppers on a key fob most likely

I wanted to do airride but the thought of a bomb in my trunk is a turn off

sound_xtreme 05-15-2012 09:08 PM

Chop the perches off the rears and you'll go much lower.

Richie! What's up man...

00redse 07-18-2012 11:53 PM

The car is being kept very well. Rarely driven right now. Moved to a new house with twice the room and also a garage finally. She sits right now in the driveway, with the front bumper off. The air valve on the rear drivers corner needs to be rebuilt or replaced, as if it sits for a few weeks, it'll raise that one corner lol. Needs new tires in front badly. My apologies for not posting up more, but life has been in the way, and last time I tried to log on, it said I couldn't log in. Dunno why, but they fixed it for me and then I never signed back on til now. Happy to answer any questions though

ronnysbray 07-19-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heineck (Post 527530)
If u could pm me the part # thatd be cool

I wanna know it tooo

DRM Racing 07-20-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00redse (Post 527532)
MOMO hub k2401

Figued I'd post it here in case anyone else wants to know as well.

this is the part number for the hub through MOMO K2401

Difflay 04-17-2013 12:00 AM

Where did you get those AC control knobs?

Papa Rad17 04-17-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Difflay (Post 637905)
Where did you get those AC control knobs?

this is a very old thread... those are the stock knobs with the black cover thing taken off I believe.

03glgold 04-17-2013 03:40 PM

answered in another thread where it was asked the are out of the 1999-2000 models, in 2001 the switched to white plastic under the black rubber

K.I.T.T.2009 09-09-2013 02:37 PM

That looks dope bruh! Mine is on air 2 but I got a digital gauge and I also had to install the brain for the gauge and compressors in the spare wheel space. My audio equipment take up 80% of the trunk..lol

sleepyalero 09-09-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.2009 (Post 645457)
That looks dope bruh! Mine is on air 2 but I got a digital gauge and I also had to install the brain for the gauge and compressors in the spare wheel space. My audio equipment take up 80% of the trunk..lol

This thread was created in 2010, the guy hasnt been back since.

Look above user name on left hand side it tells you when the last comment was, if its been awhile, dont bother reviving the thread. ;)

adog420 11-26-2014 11:39 PM

Where did you get your flame gauges at

tw0123 11-27-2014 09:47 AM

Pretty sure they're from speedhut.com I'm not sure though but most of this car is custom built so chances are it's a special order item...

00redse 09-26-2016 12:24 AM

Gonna bump this one back from the dead. I still have the car, it's doing ok, but needs some refreshing. The car had to sit in the AZ sun for a while, and the clear coat is trashed. Let it be noted: extra money for GOOD clear is worth it.

Air suspension is getting refreshed. Valves need cleaning or replaced. Adding some little things i should've done in the beginning (water traps, schrader valves, train horn)

The light bar in the rear is gonna get replaced also. Half the lights don't work at all... there's parking lights, but no brake lights at all. Gonna replace the whole thing with one that does amber turn signals that scan back and forth. I'll post a link later. The hard part is the current one had to have the inner frame of the trunk cut up and welded back together. So replacing it should be a fun job. I'll take some pics

The sliding ragtop is in need of recovering. Luckily the people who manufacture these are local (i had to get a new handle long ago and found this out)

So... Sorry I was never a huge contributor over here. I was on AED and GAGT more back in the day because i had my red GA back in the day. I still have al the good parts from the GA too, so i'm on the lookout for a 00-02 GASE sedan in red. Or maybe I'll sell off all the old GA parts if the mod bug wears off after refreshing the olds. Have full AED kit and hood. 2.4 supercharger w/ methanol injection, headers, exhaust, 18" centerline wheels, all just sitting.

Anywho, hello to all those still around, and all the new folks.

and yes, they're speedhut gauges with the flames. ;)

sleepyalero 09-26-2016 10:44 PM

Holy hell, welcome back. Post some current pics of the ride.

00redse 09-27-2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyalero (Post 665094)
Holy hell, welcome back. Post some current pics of the ride.

. Its not super pretty right now lol, im kinda ashamed to say it. however the az sun destroys paint here. Ive seen cars 3 years old have full oxidation starting. So I just need to stay motivated to work on it.

I have a bunch of fittings ordered for refreshing the air ride. my valves leak so im gonna tear it all out, clean up some wiring in there as well and hopefully start sanding it down and priming it thereafter.

the trunk isnt opening unless i jump 12v to the relay socket, so i think i need to check wiring there. the relay and terminals show some corrosion. i bought a new relay. still no go. no clicking.

the tail light never really worked perfect. theyre just shoddily made to begin with if you read reviews on light bars like these youll see. so a new one that fits in place will get ordered soon too. its only 36" wide so that limits my options.

tw0123 09-27-2016 10:44 PM

I'm happy to see this car still lives on... It gave me the inspiration to kit and bag my car... :)

00redse 10-14-2016 10:47 PM

I haven't forgot to post up, but I have been working on it a bit. Got all the air ride and stereo stuff out of the trunk and redid my past wiring spaghetti from my first attempt on air ride. The fittings on the valves were bulky as hell. like 7 brass fittings for each fill/dump, so i ordered 4 branch T's with gauge ports from AVS (1fitting per fill/dump) along with 4 half inch check valves and 2 nice water traps. I painted all the valve brackets, and am putting them back together with some slow downs on the dumps so its a bit easier to dine adjust. With 1/2 inch lines and valves all around, this car hops a bit when hitting the up switches, and it goes down QUICK, and i wanna fiddle with slowing that down a bit. i see why richie had 3/8 valves for the dumps on the old air setup.