Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   ***trunk Rattlin'*** How Can This Be Fixed? (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5597)

AleroBloke 02-10-2005 05:23 PM

I just put a nice booming system in my car a few days ago, and My trunk rattles like a mo fo, I hate when i'm cruising and I got my music blasting and I look over I see these guys laughing at me cuz my trunk is rattling. How can i fix this? It seems to be rattling where the license plate is, i took the plate off to see if it was just that and it wasn't so what can i do to stop my trunk from rattlin' thanks you guys!

flalero 02-10-2005 06:03 PM

Mine used to do this, before I put Dynamat down. Now, there is very little, if no, rattle. Also, if your plate is rattling, take the plate off and put some sort of weatherstripping around the entire back edge of the plate. Also, make sure you have all four screws tightly put in.

wrightie 02-10-2005 06:20 PM

Mine used to rattle like a biotch. mine rattled around the plate area to. I bought a dynamat kit for the palte and when i finished puttin it on, the little mot*er Fu**er
still rattled. Ifigured out that the rattling was coming front the seem above the plate. Right around where the plate light is. I bought some expanding spray foam and sprayed er up there. wait till dry and voila no more rattle.

Later
Wrightie

flalero 02-10-2005 06:22 PM

oh yeah, that reminds me. That plastic piece in the middle of the trunk,where the plate mounts to, I totally removed that and also lined that with Dynamat then put it back on the car.

alerored04 02-10-2005 07:07 PM

i did the dynamat trunk thing too, it worked ok but there is still a little rattle from the plate. The worst is when my stinkin spoiler rattles. drives me nuts. Wrightie i wanna try what u did, could u post a pic for me? thanks man. btw i didnt say so in the other thread but i love that box you made, i wish i had the time to try that. Ok im done now sorry, you guys can have the thread back.

eag182 02-10-2005 08:34 PM

The part above my head to the right - where the button is for the sunroof - rattles like a biatch when I have my sub on. What should I do?

AleroBloke 02-10-2005 08:37 PM

HEY HEY HAAAAAY! My problems only!!!! hehe jk, I was thinking about putting weather stripping on the biznitch tonight, but it is late. It only seems to be rattling in that specific area, but i'm sure when I get that area fixed, there will be another! just how it works i guess!! haha, but thanks for the info, i'm gonna make those changes. Where do i get that amazing expanding foam spray? let me know

FormulaNERD 02-10-2005 08:51 PM

walmart, home depot, lowes, etc.

wy3134 02-10-2005 08:51 PM

yea i have the same problem with my spoiler rattling...i replaced those plastic snaps with screws and huge washers, and thats helped to keep that plastic piece from rattling terribly like it did, but theres still enough rattle to annoy me....i wish i knew how to do a shaved trunk lid so i could solve the problems....im half minded to just get rid of the spoiler even though i like the look of it

flalero 02-10-2005 09:15 PM

I've never had a problem with my spoiler rattling. There are rubber grommets between the spoiler and the trunk lid. Also, be careful with that expanding foam. It can tear apart the trunk if you are not careful with it.

eag182 02-10-2005 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AleroBloke@Feb 10 2005, 08:37 PM
HEY HEY HAAAAAY! My problems only!!!! hehe jk,
hah I know It was just the "while we were on it" thing made me post.

VCguy85 02-10-2005 10:31 PM

I used that expanding spray on my trunk, and yeah i caution you not to overuse it, because it all ozzed out where the licence plate light is and it expanded the trunk panel to the point where i cant quite pop it back in *ticked off*

So yeah just be careful with that stuff

thawkins 02-22-2005 02:03 PM

Hey guys, how do you get that plastic panel off that the license plate is attached to? I'd like to insulate mine...it rattles like crazy. Thanks for any help, pictures would be great too.

Tim