Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Forced Induction Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Ebay SC (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29820)

Dhoyle 12-12-2009 04:41 PM

Ebay SC

Ill by 10 jk,discuss etcs, personally i know these addons do not work for the most part, this one probly hurts because it gets in the way of the airflow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsm...em27ac 7cfc7a

jayson_waltz 12-12-2009 04:44 PM

yeah they've been discussed before on here. its just a hoax, they don't work.

worknprog.99 12-12-2009 05:23 PM

if anything i think the effort it takes the air to turn the impellars would actually cause a restriction of less air lol

DOHC_tuner 12-12-2009 05:28 PM

Just think of it this way when it comes to performance, if the install is easy and simple then its not going to increase your horsepower.

Yes a header is simple to install for some of us but you STILL need a tune to fully benefit from it.

An intake doesnt do much either...a tune would help but its not something to be proud of.

If your looking to get some more power out of your Nbody then start looking into some cams, some head work, exhaust, a tune, etc.

Bad99Olds 12-12-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner (Post 514340)
Just think of it this way when it comes to performance, if the install is easy and simple then its not going to increase your horsepower.

Yes a header is simple to install for some of us but you STILL need a tune to fully benefit from it.

An intake doesnt do much either...a tune would help but its not something to be proud of.

If your looking to get some more power out of your Nbody then start looking into some cams, some head work, exhaust, a tune, etc.

cough real supercharger cough. lol.

DOHC_tuner 12-12-2009 06:00 PM

:p Obviously but again I still recommend rebuilding the engine....and since your in there might as well insert some better cams, do some head work, etc. to get some more HP than just what the SC or TC would give you.

Bad99Olds 12-12-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner (Post 514347)
:p Obviously but again I still recommend rebuilding the engine....and since your in there might as well insert some better cams, do some head work, etc. to get some more HP than just what the SC or TC would give you.

Well naturally. Do it right the first time so you, hopefully, dont have to do it again.

Chipmunk-Alero 12-12-2009 06:47 PM

^^No do it RIGHT the first time, and you WONT have to do it again.

Redog 12-13-2009 05:20 PM

OK do you really think that this will work? Your going to put something inside your intake tube to get better airflow?

People were selling these things a few years ago. They were galley fans. Little fans used to vent a galley on a boat.

You put this in place, chances are the blades will break off, go into the TB and down in the engine and cause more problems for ya ;)

01silveralero 12-14-2009 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 514470)
OK do you really think that this will work? Your going to put something inside your intake tube to get better airflow?

People were selling these things a few years ago. They were galley fans. Little fans used to vent a galley on a boat.

You put this in place, chances are the blades will break off, go into the TB and down in the engine and cause more problems for ya ;)

you must have missed the "I'll buy 10,JK."

Kilroy 12-14-2009 02:47 AM

Since it uses the INCOMING air to actually turn the fan, there is no possible way that it can create extra pressure behind it, EXCEPT when you lett off the throttle, and it is still spinning fast. Then again, the extra pressure will be barely measureable, and totally useless at the time. Even in the video, it shows the car idling, and the fan not even spinning. It MIGHT, and I say MIGHT do something to atomize the fuel differently, do the effect it would have on the airstream, but even then, I would bet that the airstream would straighten itself out by the time it hit the cylinders anyway. Think of how fast a turbo has to actually spin to create any boost, then tell yourself how usefull something like this would be???????

mbeals 12-14-2009 07:54 AM

You just have to ask yourself:

If it really works that well and it's only $35, why do the pros still use traditional blowers that cost 10+x as much, and why haven't engines (especially diesels) that come boosted from the factory switched over to it.

Weazel 02-04-2010 02:54 AM

But but but... the space grade zero friction ball bearings! The thrusting cyclones and high speed air flow! THE AIRCRAFT GRADE ALUMINUM-TITANIUM ALLOY! SUPER CHARGER!!!!! :yahoo:

[ion] C2 02-04-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

What if I want to increase the diameter of the SuperCharger a tiny bit?
Buy some electrical tape or any other type of plastic tape and wrap the unit until the desired diameter is met

good stuff

Weazel 02-04-2010 01:38 PM

I couldn't stop laughing after reading the "duct tape fix" on their page.

bentiac 02-04-2010 01:49 PM

They wanted to market this to people with IQ < 70 and they had to call it "Supercharger turbonator" so their targeted buyers don't miss the keyword. I'm surprised they didn't call it "Supercharger nos blower turbonator"

Dhoyle 02-04-2010 02:44 PM

lols i forgot i made this, but yea it smells like a FnF kinda thing lols

JLw7123 02-04-2010 03:02 PM

yep do not work had a friend put one in his jeep he got the same MPG and HP