Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   At The Track (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   It's Official (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3596)

|Rev| 09-06-2004 11:21 PM

K I went to the high school drags today, and I only ran twice, but the results made me want to cry. maybey it's because I have those 17's on there, but they don't add that much weight, I only have 2 performance mods, but I expected more than this.
Time slips are out in the car, I will post them later, but basically the first run I ran a 19.4 and the second a 19.5 :pissed:

I have an auto 2.4l are all 2.4l's this slow, or does mine just like tater tots?

Pimpalero03 09-06-2004 11:34 PM

aleros are slow.

Redog 09-06-2004 11:47 PM

19's sound too slow

Tips:

leave it in "3"
Rev motor to about 2200 to 2500 RPM's at the start line while hold ing brakes
remove spare and jack
Try to run with 1/4 tank of gas

FormulaNERD 09-06-2004 11:55 PM

ouch, that sounds way slow rev... something isnt right.

Silentalero 09-07-2004 12:24 AM

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh whoa 19's?

yea sumthin is seriously wrong

even my slow ass with all my weights and 2.4L i ran a 17.003

Oldsman 09-07-2004 02:51 AM

i would say something wrong with your car or the timing system was screwed up at the track

flalero 09-07-2004 05:11 AM

That would be around 18 secs at sea-level. I assume you were running in Colorado, since you live in Longmont. If you were not running in CO, then something is not right. 18's sound a little better for a 2.4 auto with rims and very little performance mods.

jackal2000 09-07-2004 06:41 AM

haha that sucks dude

Daytona 09-07-2004 07:49 AM

If possible, I'd check the weight of your new tires and rims against the stock set-up. Spinning weight car affect you more than you realize. Plus, if you have a larger overall diameter now than stock it'll effectively decrease your transaxle gear ratio = slower ET's.

Launch RPM and which gear you leave your car in (if it's an auto) or at what RPM's you shift at (on a manual) can also have a drastic effect on ET's.

What was your 60' times and final mph's?

ptrudel 09-07-2004 11:16 AM

ouch man...sumthin's way wrong for sure...with my 18's i ran a 16.1...too much weight probly

Silentalero 09-07-2004 12:01 PM

theres no way weight could slow you down trhat much

when i ran 17.003 i had 18"s(heavy f***ers to), full air ride/ system, and who knows what else slowing me down...

kwhauck 09-07-2004 12:17 PM

damn, that sucks man, maybe it will be better on the 19th, we will all be there then....

sc/alero 09-07-2004 12:21 PM

yea we will get that thing going better for you on the 19th. i will bring the scanner and see if there are any codes

|Rev| 09-07-2004 02:31 PM

I sure hope something is wrong, I know that sounds funny, but my car should be faster than that. I think it may have something to do with my new FPR, I don't have a clue of what fuel pressure I am doing, it might be too high or too low, I dunno. My friend suggested to have my car dyno-tuned.

kwicslvr 09-07-2004 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by |Rev|@Sep 7 2004, 01:31 PM
I think it may have something to do with my new FPR, I don't have a clue of what fuel pressure I am doing, it might be too high or too low, I dunno.
You have a FPR and no idea how to use it! :rolleyes: There's your first problem right there. Take it off. You don't run the mods to need that. Especially since you have no clue how to use uit and you have no idea what your AF ratio is right now. You could very well be running very lean right now or very rich. Either way, any one of those will eat your engine eventually! Leave the more experience required modifications to those that know what they are for and how to use them properly. If you don't know how than it shouldn't be done!!!!! :pissed:

|Rev| 09-07-2004 10:14 PM

dont poop a brick ass-hole, I thought it would help. Can't I just set it to stock fuel pressure until I get more mods? Or does this FPR do more than I thought.

sc/alero 09-07-2004 10:40 PM

hey rev give me a call this weekend and we can see if we can get it set. i have to come to longmont anyways to see my buddy at hajak to get my hazard switch fixed. we can take a lot at it and see what we can do to make it a little better

|Rev| 09-07-2004 10:47 PM

that would rock, I can pick you up so you don't have to wait there for the 2 hours it takes em to finish it lol. I don't get off work wil 12:30 that afternoon though, ill PM you so we can trade cell #'s

flalero 09-08-2004 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kwicslvr+Sep 7 2004, 04:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kwicslvr @ Sep 7 2004, 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-|Rev|@Sep 7 2004, 01:31 PM
I think it may have something to do with my new FPR, I don't have a clue of what fuel pressure I am doing, it might be too high or too low, I dunno.
You have a FPR and no idea how to use it! :rolleyes: There's your first problem right there. Take it off. You don't run the mods to need that. Especially since you have no clue how to use uit and you have no idea what your AF ratio is right now. You could very well be running very lean right now or very rich. Either way, any one of those will eat your engine eventually! Leave the more experience required modifications to those that know what they are for and how to use them properly. If you don't know how than it shouldn't be done!!!!! :pissed: [/b][/quote]
Yeah, that was a little harsh. There's no need to lay into somebody like that. Do you have any idea how to tune with a FPR and AF ratio meter?

Anyway, Rev, SC should be able to hook you up and help you figure it out, but your next purchase should be a AF ratio gauge, that should help you tune the FPR and little bit better.

|Rev| 09-08-2004 10:56 AM

I have a fuel pressure gauge that came with the FPR, but the thing is, the instructions are for the v6, and I have the i-4... So hopefully we can find out where and how to install that, and that way I know what my fuel pressure is and crap.