Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I Want My Cruse Control Back!!! (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38792)

kbubb91 11-18-2016 06:38 PM

I Want My Cruse Control Back!!!

my cruse control used to work on and off, now its 100% dead.
when it was working on and off, sometimes it would shut off on its own when it was working. i can get the steering wheel to light up, but i press the set button and nothing happens. :cry:
long story short, easily over 50% of my driving is thruway. can someone please be my hero and TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT. i have basic mechanic experience but electrical is where i go HUH??? :eek:
please and thank you
ps, im the guy who had a brake failure and crashed the front end of my car

a.graham52 11-18-2016 10:25 PM

First of all need more detail.

Is cruising turning on and lighting up? Or just not "setting"?

If it's not lighting up, can you hold the button in to make it work? I had two alerts like this... jammed a pennie between button and wheel to keep on. Drove for several years like that.

Otherwise check fuses.

If it's not setting, then it's probably brake switch.

kbubb91 11-18-2016 10:29 PM

the on button on the left side of the steering wheel turns on(yellow light). the light on the dashboard that says cruse dose not turn on then i press the lower right button "set"

im guessing fuses but which fuses, the engine fuses or the fuses on the side of the steering wheel

kbubb91 11-19-2016 12:05 AM

im going to go to walmart tomorrow, buy the fuse kit and replace all of the small colored fuses in my car(both fuse boxes), make sure they are all fresh. then ill have to see about getting the special fuses.

Babyblue 11-19-2016 03:27 AM

Mine did this...what I had to do was take fitting off the cruise control Mondale. then reconnect the end that comes out of the module to the that wire that connects to the throttle body. hope this helps. you might get a better idea what im talking about if you just take it apart.

kbubb91 11-19-2016 09:17 AM

so our cars DO have a cruse control mondule, i tried buying a replacement and they dont sell them on ebay or anywhere.
so i have to do repair work on the existing unit, alright.

Babyblue 11-20-2016 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbubb91 (Post 665264)
so our cars DO have a cruse control mondule, i tried buying a replacement and they dont sell them on ebay or anywhere.
so i have to do repair work on the existing unit, alright.

Yeah, do what I said it could be your problem

kbubb91 11-20-2016 07:31 PM

yeah just waiting for the snow to leave NY, i dont have a garage.

kbubb91 12-11-2016 02:06 PM

i figured out the cruise control issue, ITS A FUSE, 2 FUSES to be exact.

passengers side fuse box, there are two 2A fuses that needed to be replaced, that explains why sometimes it would work and some times it would fail, corroded fuse.

Babyblue 12-14-2016 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbubb91 (Post 665354)
i figured out the cruise control issue, ITS A FUSE, 2 FUSES to be exact.

passengers side fuse box, there are two 2A fuses that needed to be replaced, that explains why sometimes it would work and some times it would fail, corroded fuse.

Nice job!

zzyzzx 12-20-2016 04:39 PM

You know if fuses go, it's usually a symptom, not the root cause.

kbubb91 12-20-2016 09:39 PM

yes, you win a prize, cruse control failed as fast as it came back, the fuse is shorting out. im about to say eff this car, im ready for a new one, im happy i was able to bring it back from the dead after a crash but im like eff this shit. also my turn signals are failing now. guessing my wires are effed

zzyzzx 12-20-2016 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbubb91 (Post 665381)
guessing my wires are effed

You have a short in the wiring someplace. Probably not that hard to find if the car has been wrecked. At least you know probably where to look.