Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   which bodykit? (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14634)

greenbastard 09-20-2006 05:23 PM

which bodykit?

I was wondering which bodykit I should go with. razzi or kato kombat. I want to know which one is easiest to put on because I want to do it my-self but I haven't done body work before. If I can get a bolt on or something that doesn't require molding it into the quarter panel that would be better.

Naich 09-20-2006 05:47 PM

no matter what you get, it will require a lot of elbow grease.

The aas kato style kit is a replacement for the stock front and rear bumpers, while the razzi molds on to the stock bumpers.

greenbastard 09-20-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naich (Post 220842)
no matter what you get, it will require a lot of elbow grease.

The aas kato style kit is a replacement for the stock front and rear bumpers, while the razzi molds on to the stock bumpers.

so you have brake out the bondo and mold it on the the stock bumper.

elitecloud 09-20-2006 06:02 PM

with the kato, you have to completly remove the bumpers and install the new ones

with teh razzi, you leave the stock ones on, the front bumper is held on by 2 sided tape, i belive the same with the back, also with the back you might have to cut the bottom of the bumper off a few inches...not sure tho

and the sides on the razzi are reveted on i belive...

:-D

SweetNLow 09-20-2006 06:04 PM

naich isnt completely correct when he says the razzi molds to the front bumper.

the razzi kit is a bumper cover kit that glues and screws over the exsisting bumper. so you dont actually remove the stock bumpers the razzi kit just fits over it.

and on the other hand the kato kit are full bumpers

greenbastard 09-20-2006 06:05 PM

what about the side skirts???

SweetNLow 09-20-2006 06:06 PM

ok elite cloud is sorta correct........ you attatch the razzi bumper with high strength epoxy...... i woudlnt recommend 2sided tape..... and then your put afew screws in the kit in the wheel wells.

same thing with the skirts....... high strength epoxy and screws in the wheel wells

SweetNLow 09-20-2006 06:06 PM

razzi side skirts fit right over the existing side skirts..... not sure bout the kato but i think they fit over hte stock skirts as well

greenbastard 09-20-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetNLow (Post 220849)
ok elite cloud is sorta correct........ you attatch the razzi bumper with high strength epoxy...... i woudlnt recommend 2sided tape..... and then your put afew screws in the kit in the wheel wells.

same thing with the skirts....... high strength epoxy and screws in the wheel wells

what would you pick. I'm thinking razzi plus my buddy owns a store in Regina called Cubed Productions and he said they can order that kit.

whiteliquid 09-20-2006 06:16 PM

Look at both the kits and figure out which one YOU want

SweetNLow 09-20-2006 06:17 PM

here are a couple of cars with the razzi kit. personally the razzi is my favorite kit but my opinion is biased cuase thats what i have.

greenbastard 09-20-2006 06:31 PM

Did you do it yourself?

whiteliquid 09-20-2006 06:32 PM

dude brent do you ever miss the days of your ho being black...I like it a lil better that way...

kato--

Naich 09-20-2006 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetNLow (Post 220847)
naich isnt completely correct when he says the razzi molds to the front bumper.

the razzi kit is a bumper cover kit that glues and screws over the exsisting bumper. so you dont actually remove the stock bumpers the razzi kit just fits over it.

and on the other hand the kato kit are full bumpers

Um, yeah I am right. It goes over the existing bumper. It doesn't replace the stock bumper. Call it gluing it on, or call it molding, whatever, that is what I meant.

But also, make a mental note that a stock razzi kit is not going to look like sweetnlow or sound_xtreme's kits because they actually molded them into the bumper to get rid of the lines. A stock razzi kit will still have lines between the stock parts and the razzi parts.

SweetNLow 09-20-2006 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naich (Post 220863)
Um, yeah I am right. It goes over the existing bumper. It doesn't replace the stock bumper. Call it gluing it on, or call it molding, whatever, that is what I meant.

But also, make a mental note that a stock razzi kit is not going to look like sweetnlow or sound_xtreme's kits because they actually molded them into the bumper to get rid of the lines. A stock razzi kit will still have lines between the stock parts and the razzi parts.

um ya you are wrong. like you said molding it on is what me and joel did. they are simply bumper covers.

i knew what you ment nick but the way you worded it made the kid confused

Naich 09-20-2006 07:52 PM

molding isn't an exclusive term. maybe it wasn't the best word choice. but it doesn't make it wrong.

clutch1 09-20-2006 07:56 PM

They both look good. If you get the Razzi you should do the molding required to get rid of the lines, it looks A LOT better that way.

The kombat kit looks good in the right instances, too, but if not done right it'll look really ricey (like the cars you usually see pictured in the kombat advertisements.)

SweetNLow 09-20-2006 08:43 PM

greenbastard- joel and i molded my razzi kit into the stock bumpers. its not difficult but you still need to know what your doing.

whiteliquid- sometimes i miss my car being black..... but it feels like a totally different car now that its orange. it just feels more "custom". plus i haven yet added the stripes i intend to put on the car so it will have a different look to it once i put them on.

jackal2000 09-20-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetNLow (Post 220895)
plus i haven yet added the stripes i intend to put on the car so it will have a different look to it once i put them on.

stripes are for fags

clutch1 09-20-2006 08:51 PM

But crooked red pinstripes on the other hand.. :P j/k