Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   West Coast (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   emabarrasing (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26105)

Kruc1fix 03-02-2009 11:18 PM

emabarrasing

So I showed up at my first get together with local racers and car enthusiest with my alero. I have nothing done to it performance wise, didn't talk crap, just chilled and checked out what they had and to see whats going down in my area. So when I left my friend told me they were laughing at how weak my car sounded :wtf2: I mean these guy are all out of highschool or just graduated so they have time and money to work on their cars. Is this how it is everywhere? As soon as you show up you need to be spitting fire can't go to learn anything?

So I guess my first priority is a new exhaust system?

HazMatt24 03-02-2009 11:21 PM

it's not like that everywhere man

Vinalero 03-02-2009 11:21 PM

Hummmm its your car, dont mod it for what others will tell you to do. You can ask for answers of course. But plz do not modify something just because others find its cool.

And remember that loud doesnt really mean powerful...

Kruc1fix 03-02-2009 11:26 PM

Yeah I know, as soon as i can find a job I wanna start building some speed on this thing. Are their normally groups of people in highschool that mod their cars? Ive only really been active about it on this forum site and between me and my friends who also likes cars.

HazMatt24 03-02-2009 11:29 PM

I don't know about clubs in school but there is usually an automotive class you can take

Kruc1fix 03-02-2009 11:31 PM

Well I mean you can go to EVIT for automotive mechanics. But I'm talking about a group of people who like doing stuff to their cars. Did you guys have that type of stuff going on at your schools?

kwhauck 03-02-2009 11:32 PM

i see you have an ecotec in your alero, turbo it, go back and kick some ass, and then laugh when they leave....

HazMatt24 03-02-2009 11:33 PM

the dudes in the auto class, but I wasn't into that back then

HazMatt24 03-02-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwhauck (Post 436835)
i see you have an ecotec in your alero, turbo it, go back and kick some ass, and then laugh when they leave....

he's got an auto though, turbo won't be easy for him

[ion] C2 03-02-2009 11:34 PM

$50 says this get together looked like this:

NickAlero2000 03-02-2009 11:35 PM

I had my groups.
Loud mufflers, body kits, rims, etc
do what you want to do to your car because you want to do it, not b/c others tell u to

Kruc1fix 03-02-2009 11:36 PM

If I had a couple thousand bucks I would be all over it man you have no idea but i dont

Kruc1fix 03-02-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickAlero2000 (Post 436839)
I had my groups.
Loud mufflers, body kits, rims, etc
do what you want to do to your car because you want to do it, not b/c others tell u to

I want to do stuff because I want to. I wanna have a fast car and take it to firebird some day. I wanan feel good about it while driving you know.

HazMatt24 03-02-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kruc1fix (Post 436846)
I want to do stuff because I want to. I wanna have a fast car and take it to firebird some day. I wanan feel good about it while driving you know.

you can run it out at firebird now, gives you a good starting point. We could put ours up and $5 says you take me

Kruc1fix 03-02-2009 11:45 PM

hah did you do anything to your car? If I beat you its cause you let me lol

kwhauck 03-02-2009 11:50 PM

time for a road trip, come up to bandimere in denver and hang out with a couple alero guys, honestly, it's hard to go by yourself because you are self-concious about other guys that know a lot of stuff about cars, but from my personal experiences the real car guys will respect you for trying to do something and learn stuff no matter what kind of car you have, the pricks that are laughing at you now for your car will probably always be pricks no matter what,

so best advice, find a new crowd that welcomes newbs, regardless of car type and knowledge.....

HazMatt24 03-02-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kruc1fix (Post 436849)
hah did you do anything to your car? If I beat you its cause you let me lol

you'll beat me cause my fat ass adds too much weight to the car

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwhauck (Post 436855)
time for a road trip, come up to bandimere in denver and hang out with a couple alero guys, honestly, it's hard to go by yourself because you are self-concious about other guys that know a lot of stuff about cars, but from my personal experiences the real car guys will respect you for trying to do something and learn stuff no matter what kind of car you have, the pricks that are laughing at you now for your car will probably always be pricks no matter what,

so best advice, find a new crowd that welcomes newbs, regardless of car type and knowledge.....

true. It doesn't matter the car, there is always somebody cool that owns one, and a couple of douches that do too

Kruc1fix 03-02-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwhauck (Post 436855)

I would love to come kick it with you guys but I couldn't do that right now. Yeah I'm probably going to find a new crowd thats more in my league.

You AZ guys this summer let me know when you heading out to firebird, see if i can tag along.

billytheman1188 03-02-2009 11:56 PM

so what kind of cars did these douche licks have?:lol:

Oldsnut 03-02-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billytheman1188 (Post 436862)
so what kind of cars did these douche licks have?:lol:

Cars with windows.