Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Baer Brakes (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12006)

NoSweat83 03-28-2006 10:44 PM

I saw that pfyc carries an eradispeed set up for $1285. This kit includes two 12" drilled and slotted front 2-piece front rotors, two piston calipers, pads, stainless steel lines, and rear drilled and slotted rotors that are stock size which use the stock calipers. But I did some more looking and found that Auto Parts Warehouse carries a 12" conversion for the front and rear. It is more money but things would be uniform. Something like $880 for the front and $990 for the rear. I know that the rear breaks wont help performance much but it would be cool.

P.S. here is a pic of the rear setup.

2fst4u 03-28-2006 10:50 PM

wow. very nice. very costly, too.

alerocar01 03-28-2006 10:52 PM

you meant to put BRAKES right? anyways i would go with the first kit because most of the braking is done in the front and i don't think there is any reason to get bigger rotors for the rear. plus you will save money. but thats just me

NoSweat83 03-28-2006 10:55 PM

No dought about it. I am going to go with a Baer set up but it will probably be the one from pfyc because of price. I will have to do more research. Right now I have RSM' rotors with less that 1,000 miles on them. I will be home from college like the second week of May if someone is interested.

NoSweat83 03-28-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alerocar01@Mar 29 2006, 03:52 AM
you meant to put BRAKES right? anyways i would go with the first kit because most of the braking is done in the front and i don't think there is any reason to get bigger rotors for the rear. plus you will save money. but thats just me

I agree with that because it is something like 80 or 85% of the breaking is done in the front and I am not taking the ho to a rally race. Yes I meant BRAKES but when I find new parts I just get excited. :beerchug:

Oldsman 03-29-2006 12:01 AM

pm mfuller on baer questions

Fast Eddie 03-29-2006 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NoSweat83+Mar 28 2006, 10:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoSweat83 @ Mar 28 2006, 10:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-alerocar01@Mar 29 2006, 03:52 AM

I agree with that because it is something like 80 or 85% of the breaking is done in the front and I am not taking the ho to a rally race. Yes I meant BRAKES but when I find new parts I just get excited. :beerchug:
[/b][/quote]

If you are not rally racing what is the point of putting on Big brakes at all?? Hey, its your $$

SweetNLow 03-29-2006 01:58 AM

well if u put bigger rims on your car u increase the rotating mass....... so it is a worth while investment to get bigger brakes if u have rims.

my car didnt stop nearly as well when i put my chrome 18's on compared to my stock 16's.

also im not sure if your aware but another company also makes big brake conversions for our cars................. http://www.ssbrakes.com/ ...... i believe silent has those

and i wouldnt bother with the rears cuse its not necessary....... jsut get some drilled and slotted rotors to match the front..... who cares about size for antoher $900

sound_xtreme 03-29-2006 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SweetNLow@Mar 29 2006, 01:58 AM
and i wouldnt bother with the rears cuse its not necessary....... jsut get some drilled and slotted rotors to match the front..... who cares about size for antoher $900

cause it visually looks better. lol. but ya, that's pretty much the only reason to upgrade the rear brakes. they're only like 20% of your braking or something like that.

SweetNLow 03-29-2006 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sound_xtreme+Mar 29 2006, 02:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sound_xtreme @ Mar 29 2006, 02:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SweetNLow@Mar 29 2006, 01:58 AM

cause it visually looks better. lol. but ya, that's pretty much the only reason to upgrade the rear brakes. they're only like 20% of your braking or something like that.
[/b][/quote]

ya dipshet we covered that it visually looks better........ and thye only account for 20% of braking power....... what would we do without u!?!?!

battistoni21 03-29-2006 07:19 AM

wow, thats alot of money to spend on brakes...... its probably worth it though....show some pics steve when you get em in!

02_Silver_Ho 03-29-2006 09:46 AM

Braking is more along the lines of 60/40 front-rear, 80/20 is a little steep and performance would be dramatically reduced with that setup :pimp:

battistoni21 03-29-2006 09:48 AM

how would it be dramatically reduced????

02_Silver_Ho 03-29-2006 10:01 AM

Bad choice of words on my part. I guess the way I see it is that the more all 4 brakes are working together, the more efficient they are going to be in stopping the car. With a more uniform distribution between the brakes, the front and back are going to slow down more or less at the same time, while at 80/20 distribution, the front of the car is going to slow down much faster than the back, causing the front end to dip, and the rear end to jump into the air..

battistoni21 03-29-2006 10:18 AM

alright i see where your going now.... thanks, makes much more sense to me, haha

NoSweat83 03-29-2006 01:52 PM

Hey sweet did you get yiddishbdg Baer setup? He said that it was a night and difference between stock and his old setup. Thanks for the link to SSBC, their products look great. They have 12" and 13" front setups and a 12" rear set up. But I trust Baer and the main reason for this up grade besides being able to stop more efficiently is show. :thumb:

Alero2k4 03-29-2006 02:00 PM

Nosweat, SSBC has a really good reputation. I would equate it similar to Royal Purple...as in it is a great product, just not as well known as 'Pennzoil'... Do some research on them and you'll see what I mean. They have been being featured more and more lately as well... Either way, set up should be sweet!!!

NoSweat83 03-29-2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alero2k4@Mar 29 2006, 07:00 PM
Nosweat, SSBC has a really good reputation.Â;-) I would equate it similar to Royal Purple...as in it is a great product, just not as well known as 'Pennzoil'...Â;-) Do some research on them and you'll see what I mean.Â;-) They have been being featured more and more lately as well...Â;-) Either way, set up should be sweet!!!

I know that they make great products but the best bang for the buck is probably the Baer setup from PFYC. 2-piece front 12" rotors w/ 2 piston calipers, pads, lines and rear rotors (look a likes which are stock size). Being a college student I have to get the most of my money right now. Plus black is a color I am working along with in the engine bay and interior.

SweetNLow 03-29-2006 02:29 PM

ya im getting yiddishes baer setup nosweat.

but honestly id prolly get teh ssbc is i wasnt pickin up the used baer set.

NoSweat83 03-29-2006 02:38 PM

How much of a difference can I expect from either of these kits over my RSM slotted rotors and does anyone know someone who would want my RSM rotors? They have less that a 1,000 miles on them?