Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Sea Foam Question (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18028)

Dano 06-03-2007 11:55 AM

Sea Foam Question

I just ordered 2 cans, one for my truck and one for my car. i was wondering if someone can post a pic of the location i need to use inside the engine compartment. Also give me a little direction on how to use it or even the steps.

Thanks

racin4JC 06-03-2007 01:58 PM

It says right on the can where you can all use it, and tells instructions on how to use it. But you can put the stuff almost anywhere a petroleum based product is used, you can dump some in your gas, in a carburator, in your oil pan, but again it says how and where to use it on the can...

alero_ecotec 06-03-2007 02:14 PM

I just used some on my ecotec, personally i put some in the crankcase (where you add oil). I took off the black cover to the throttle body, and put some in the throttle body. And I also put some in the vaccum line that connects to the black cover to the throttle body. Make sure you let it all burn out before you start to drive your car, there will be lots of white smoke.

14alero 06-03-2007 04:57 PM

Does it hurt the motor?

SweetNLow 06-03-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14alero (Post 284038)
Does it hurt the motor?

y would people put it in there engine if it hurt it?

Gr1m 06-03-2007 05:37 PM

i just went out and bought some today, just put it in the crank and pvc line waiting a couple mins to let it sit, ill come back and post results

alero_ecotec 06-03-2007 05:44 PM

I can't say I noticed any specific results other than the white smoke. My car does run better, but I also changed the plugs to Denso Iridium, put in synthetic oil, added a K&N filter, changed the fuel filter, and flushed the coolant all in the same day. My car idles smoother, and picks up a little bit better, but i don't attribute that to seafoam.

SweetNLow 06-03-2007 06:01 PM

seafoam helped your idle out......

Gr1m 06-03-2007 06:24 PM

i didnt have any smoke at all with my car, it seems to idle a lot smoother tho dont notice any throttle response difference

SweetNLow 06-03-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr1m (Post 284048)
i didnt have any smoke at all with my car, it seems to idle a lot smoother tho dont notice any throttle response difference

where did you suck it in? and how long did you let it sit?

Gr1m 06-03-2007 07:25 PM

the PVC pipe at the intake accordian tube, and the crankcase and i let it sit for 5-10 mins

Ryan from Ohio 06-03-2007 08:05 PM

When I did mine I pulled the tube out of the accordion intake deal.

I took one of the long skinny funnels and was able to get the tip of it right @ the TB. I reved it to where it should be, stuffed a screw driver in to pin it @ idle. Poured her in like directed. I wasnt able to stall the engine but damn near.

If you didnt have any white smoke, none was on the valves when you shut it down. Try again.

Also, I would recommends the GM Top End cleaner over the seafoam. It seems to make a bigger smoke show and smell worse, so it leads me to think its doing a better job.

alero_ecotec 06-03-2007 08:26 PM

you can just take that throttle body cover off easy enough, there's just a screw clamp holding it on

DRA-GON 07-10-2007 02:43 PM

ok so i got seafoam after looking for it for a long time. Now where does it get put in at , the can says put it in the direct manifold vacuum line and I am seeing on here the PCV vale, I don't belive I have a PCV vale (2.4 TC is whats in the car) can some one post a pic of where I can find the direct manifold vacuum line?