Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   My car is being freaky (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24292)

sburke 10-12-2008 10:08 PM

My car is being freaky

I'm in the process of working on my engine, first thing I was going to do was fire it up and see how she was acting now, see if I could identify anything else before I started dismantling the engine.

Car won't start, no power to accessories, it doesn't even try and turn over, nothing. So I go to autozone and pick up a new battery, install it and wouldn't you know, nothing. The posts are clean and I can't see any frayed or burnt wires anywhere.

Here's where it get's fun I put the old battery back in, push the beast out of the garage and hook it up to my truck, try to juice up the battery a little and then go to my car to start it, nothing no pwer to accessories or anything.

I call my wife out, she gets in the truck, starts bouncing the rrevs up and down for me, accessories kick on and the car turns over and runs, rough, really rough, but she still runs.:banghead:

Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on?

TheEdgeofSanity 10-12-2008 10:10 PM

PCM? maybe?

Nate's Alero 10-12-2008 10:18 PM

...0_o...

Mori01 10-13-2008 12:45 AM

^^ im with nate..duhhhh

Gr1m 10-13-2008 01:22 AM

bad connections somewhere, i would check the chassis grounds from the battery

Mori01 10-13-2008 02:22 AM

Now that Gr1m says something, could be a short or a bad ground somewhere..didn't even occur to me until I read Gr1m's post lol

super white alero1 10-13-2008 10:27 AM

Ever consider the main fuse (60amp). A bad ground usually associate with clicking of the starter (insufficient ground) and not generally all the electrical. Try this attach a battery charger to the vehicle and test the lights. If lighting is good, battery, if lighting is not good, you have an open.

sburke 10-13-2008 09:27 PM

Thank you very much everyone for your help so far. I've checked all the wires about as far as I can go without dismantling crap, but of course I completely overlooked the fuses. That never even occured to me. I'm on staff duty right now but when I get home in the morning I'll check the fuse. I'll let you all know if that is what it ends up being.

Nate - I have no idea what that icon you typed means.

sburke 10-15-2008 02:21 AM

Well, I only saw one fuse that was busted, replaced that and nothing so far. I had a really long day yesterday, so I've just been exhausted all day today, that and I've been trying to organize the garage in preperation for my rebuild.

I'll look more thoroughly tomorrow, and post up what I find.

sburke 10-18-2008 06:21 PM

Ended up being the battery. I had a blown fuse but it was just the cooling fan and I doubt the cooling fan not working would keep the car from running. I extensively cleaned the grounds to and that may have helped a little as well. Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they ever have the same problem.