Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Sway bar group buy? (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30036)

happyisthealero 05-17-2012 08:44 PM

Good to know thank you. How does the handling differ with the thicker sway bars and lowered stance from lowering springs? the reason I ask is because I have eibach pro waiting to be installed.. Oh and when I get the money I would like to buy AGX adjustable springs.. Just wanted to throw in any and all possibilities.. thanks aaron

03Sleepr 05-17-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfuller (Post 617327)
I used both on my car and it was neutral. If you do just the front bar it understeers like a pig; just a rear bar and the ass-end gets pretty skittish.

They will really draw attention to shitty tires.

sounds like it's time to upgrade wheels/tires now! and brakes while I'm at it..

jabartram 05-17-2012 11:49 PM

excellent tires, excellent brakes, great suspension, these should swing me around the autocross track nicely, my car already wheel lifts in the rear on hard corners, that crossbrace i made solidified the rear.

mrmike 05-21-2012 08:49 PM

So does anyone have them on yet? I'm curious about the difference.

colonel6632 05-21-2012 09:15 PM

have mine installed, love em! installed with a breeze. car feels so much stiffer with much less body roll

xXManwhoreXx 05-21-2012 09:27 PM

The front was a breeze? Dont you hav to drop the cradle?

happyisthealero 05-21-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel6632 (Post 617587)
have mine installed, love em! installed with a breeze. car feels so much stiffer with much less body roll

make a how-to!

happyisthealero 05-21-2012 09:33 PM

I think I read, from someone in this thread, that these would not work with our sway bars is that true?

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GA4008/ALSUSP...or+N-Body.html

xXManwhoreXx 05-21-2012 09:48 PM

I dony know for sure but the new ones are much thicker than stock, so unless you drill out the bushing somehow.. Its most likely a no

colonel6632 05-21-2012 09:58 PM

two things.

1. those bushings are supposed to work i believe since it says they are for next level or speedbuilt. not factory.

2. ya the cradle has to drop. but its just 3 bolts on each side. and then there are 3 bolts for a mount thats attached to the cradle. pull them too, drop it

heres how i did it basically. there wont be pictures since i already installed them

1. lift front of car off the ground, supper each side with jackstands in a secure spot and remove jack. obviously dont put the jack stands on the subframe.

2. remove tires (optional) just makes life easier.

3. put jack in the middle of the subframe. near the back of it. you'll see where.

4, there is a... 22mm? bolt that goes through the control arm, sub frame, and then into the car. pull them on each side

5. then after those there are 2 little.... 15mm? bolts, pull those.

6. slowly lower the jack so the subframe and the engine fall down

7. there is also 1 bolt and 2 nuts that hold down a tranny mount i believe. i pulled that so that it just moves a bit.

8. remove endlinks.

9. pull the swaybar brackets... 15mm? bolt i believe. easy to pull

10. remove swaybar

11. do reverse and tighten everything

any questions feel free to ask, ill try my best

03Sleepr 05-21-2012 10:43 PM

installed mine today, made a write-up too!

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...596#post617596

Starglow 05-21-2012 10:45 PM

So you didn't have to disconnect the tie rod ends or the steering intermediate shaft? Every procedure I've read so far says to do those steps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel6632 (Post 617595)
two things.

1. those bushings are supposed to work i believe since it says they are for next level or speedbuilt. not factory.

2. ya the cradle has to drop. but its just 3 bolts on each side. and then there are 3 bolts for a mount thats attached to the cradle. pull them too, drop it

heres how i did it basically. there wont be pictures since i already installed them

1. lift front of car off the ground, supper each side with jackstands in a secure spot and remove jack. obviously dont put the jack stands on the subframe.

2. remove tires (optional) just makes life easier.

3. put jack in the middle of the subframe. near the back of it. you'll see where.

4, there is a... 22mm? bolt that goes through the control arm, sub frame, and then into the car. pull them on each side

5. then after those there are 2 little.... 15mm? bolts, pull those.

6. slowly lower the jack so the subframe and the engine fall down

7. there is also 1 bolt and 2 nuts that hold down a tranny mount i believe. i pulled that so that it just moves a bit.

8. remove endlinks.

9. pull the swaybar brackets... 15mm? bolt i believe. easy to pull

10. remove swaybar

11. do reverse and tighten everything

any questions feel free to ask, ill try my best

03Sleepr 05-21-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starglow (Post 617598)
So you didn't have to disconnect the tie rod ends or the steering intermediate shaft? Every procedure I've read so far says to do those steps.

no you do not.

Starglow 05-21-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyisthealero (Post 617590)
I think I read, from someone in this thread, that these would not work with our sway bars is that true?

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GA4008/ALSUSP...or+N-Body.html

I just ordered Energy Suspension grease-able bushings using the following part numbers taken from an older PFYC sway bar group buy post I found for the same bars.

ENS-9.5158 Rear
ENS-9.5164 Front

I did not buy the PFYC bushings because of the following statement at the bottom of the page on their website:

"You can use your existing brackets, they're not included with these bushings."

This statement is very misleading and because the PFYC price is a little cheaper than anywhere else I found, it's unclear if the brackets are included or not.

billytheman1188 05-21-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starglow (Post 617601)
"You can use your existing brackets, they're not included with these bushings."

Their saying "you can use these new bushings with the old brackets....but the brackets aren't included"....so if for some reason you needed new brackets, you have to buy them separate.

Starglow 05-22-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billytheman1188 (Post 617603)
Their saying "you can use these new bushings with the old brackets....but the brackets aren't included"....so if for some reason you needed new brackets, you have to buy them separate.

I still don't think that statement should be there at all and no other site that sells those same bushings has it, so I don't see any valid purpose for it other than causing customer confusion which is why I purchased my bushings from another site even though it cost me a bit more. But I didn't want to take any chances buying the PFYC bushings based on their product description.

PFYC also doesn't include the size information or Energy Suspension part numbers for reference, so there's not enough information provided for me to make an informed purchase decision to know exactly what I'm getting from them.

03glgold 05-22-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starglow (Post 617612)
I still don't think that statement should be there at all and no other site that sells those same bushings has it, so I don't see any valid purpose for it other than causing customer confusion which is why I purchased my bushings from another site even though it cost me a bit more. But I didn't want to take any chances buying the PFYC bushings based on their product description.

PFYC also doesn't include the size information or Energy Suspension part numbers for reference, so there's not enough information provided for me to make an informed purchase decision to know exactly what I'm getting from them.

i disagree entirely about them not putting that statement...if you take the time to read it (paying attention to wording
), it makes perfect sense what it says...I would be mad however if they didn't put it and you were expecting it to have new brackets because it doesn't say anything only to find out that there are none

Starglow 05-22-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03glgold (Post 617640)
i disagree entirely about them not putting that statement...if you take the time to read it (paying attention to wording
), it makes perfect sense what it says...I would be mad however if they didn't put it and you were expecting it to have new brackets because it doesn't say anything only to find out that there are none

Doesn't really matter to me now since I already have grease-able bushings on order from another website with a more clear product description.

Mike The Canadian 11-11-2012 08:03 PM

Big props to MMGT1 and his bro.
Installed the front and rear, did an amazing job, took great care of the car they were working on and a more than reasonable price.