Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How Many Has This Happened To!!! (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13908)

Freezman2 07-29-2006 08:47 PM

How Many Has This Happened To!!!

We all know the problems the Alero eventaully will face.

How many people has this happened to (even if you did'nt care becasue you were going to mod it anyways)

-Burned Out Window Motor/Regualtor

-Melted/Rippled Dashboard

-Faulty Hazard Light Button

LOL All should be recalled!!!:yahoo:

acold7dusta 07-29-2006 08:56 PM

you should also add:

wheel hub

faulty head gasket

and bad power steering (or is this just me?)

SweetNLow 07-29-2006 09:19 PM

do you people realize there are common problems with EVERY car.

go buy a VW and see how long it takes till you have an electrical problem. or buy a ford and see when the tranny goes.

the "problems" with our cars are nothing major compared to things that go wrong with other cars for the most part.

im sick of hearing people bitch bitch bitch about how shitty aleros are. if its that effin bad go trade it and and try your luck with another car.

have had ONE issue with my car and thats the LIM gasket leak. other than that its been all NORMAL mantanice........... and i couldnt be happier with my alero

ppgnut 07-29-2006 10:11 PM

so true so true
havent had one problem with my car at all

ImSoBored 07-29-2006 10:23 PM

Get a foreign car. My nissan is 8 yrs old and never had any major problems with it, alero, the 2 years I had it, had more problems than the nissan ever had.

Oldsnut 07-29-2006 11:15 PM

I will consider myself a very lucky person. I have had only extremely minor problems with my 04 Final 500 Alero.

smlzalero 07-30-2006 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetNLow
if its that effin bad go trade it

"Oh, yes, let's see... hmmm... here's $600 for your Alero and you can put that towards any car on the lot..."

alerocar01 07-30-2006 01:23 AM

oldsnut post some pictures of your car up. i want to see what a final 500 looks like.

i'm with sweetnlow on this one, all cars have problems some more than others but they all have problems. the problems alero's have are expensive but not as expensive as other car may cost.

BlackJack 07-30-2006 01:35 AM

jeez......haven't seemed to have any problem with mine. What's all the fuss about?

Yeah, I guess Alero's suck...nothing to do with how it was treated before you owned it (or when you owned it).

MixtapeMessiah 07-30-2006 02:03 AM

mine was a rental car before so you already know they drove the piss outta it

Oldsman 07-30-2006 02:37 AM

oh lets see what problems have i had with my alero with 104k on it................................................ Not a damn one. oh wait......warped rotors a couple time but replaced them at brake change and guess what no more problems.

BlackJack 07-30-2006 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixtapeMessiah
mine was a rental car before so you already know they drove the piss outta it

and piss innit

Dukes of Hazard style....oh yeah!!!

AlbinoMonkeyRat 07-30-2006 05:47 AM

I've only had one problem and that week I had an electrical gremlin. Nothing major really went wrong at all.

[snow melted, filled up my door, shorted some stuff out, blew fuses, eventually shorted out the fuel pump]

BlackJack 07-30-2006 11:31 AM

I dont see what you guyz' fascination with snow is all about. I hear that some people actually LIKE living up north. Guess there's a great market for psychiatrists up that way.

AlbinoMonkeyRat 07-30-2006 11:40 AM

I hate the snow...but I like the summers here

Vtolds 07-30-2006 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freezman2

-Faulty Hazard Light Button

That was recalled, got mine fixed for free and a recall notice from GM.

P.S.

I never had any of those problems in my 2000 GX. My hazard switch was replaced and it wasn't even faulty.

sofa 07-30-2006 01:02 PM

Power steering and the wheel hub now but im at 179,000 km's. none of the list stuff has happened

Freezman2 07-30-2006 02:53 PM

dang you guys...this thread was just for fun...not to bash the car that we own

Redog 07-30-2006 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldsman
oh lets see what problems have i had with my alero with 104k on it................................................ Not a damn one. oh wait......warped rotors a couple time but replaced them at brake change and guess what no more problems.

Yeah Me too, but I only have 77,700 miles on mine,

Damn I have to trade my car in and buy a Vega :rolleyes2:

SweetNLow 07-30-2006 05:58 PM

i think the point has been proven. if you care for your car and dont beat on it and perform proper matinence........ the car should be fine.

but EVERY car has normal problem associtated with it. and if your not gonna take car of your car or buy a former rental car........... well then your askin for problems.