Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Selling my 03 Alero to get a Trans Am (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17902)

raychael2003 05-21-2007 10:58 PM

Selling my 03 Alero to get a Trans Am

It's pretty much stock and I just got it im January of this year. I had plans to mod it out and make it fast and take it to the track. I guess I'm taking the easy way out by getting a car that's easy to mod (like the 2000 Trans Am Formula I found in my area). It's just really hard for me to work on this car by myself and not many people in my area have modded Alero's. It just doesn't happen. So I'm pretty sure I'm getting this TA unless someone can talk me out of it and help me mod this thing by myself. Otherwise, I need to figure out the fastest and easiest way to sell this thing at high dollar. It's an 03 with 55k miles. Power everything with nearly flawless interior. What to do??

antichrysler 05-21-2007 11:04 PM

Hate to say it but Aleros are barely worth the value of the pink slips. Only way to get a high dollar for it is to total it and collect insurance money.

tonyboi261 05-21-2007 11:07 PM

you live in illinois theres plenty around from that area ... now try being in topeka ks ive looked and there is noone even in the same state as me....:( u could trade it in but u wont get much

MixtapeMessiah 05-21-2007 11:38 PM

the dealership I work at told me 4500 for mine, pretty damn shitty if you ask me.

Cliff8928 05-22-2007 01:05 AM

LOL, people complain about fit and finish, build quality, etc.. about the Alero. You'll learn about those problems with a F-Body, that's for sure.

DOHC_tuner 05-22-2007 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raychael2003 (Post 281708)
It's pretty much stock and I just got it im January of this year. I had plans to mod it out and make it fast and take it to the track. I guess I'm taking the easy way out by getting a car that's easy to mod (like the 2000 Trans Am Formula I found in my area). It's just really hard for me to work on this car by myself and not many people in my area have modded Alero's. It just doesn't happen. So I'm pretty sure I'm getting this TA unless someone can talk me out of it and help me mod this thing by myself. Otherwise, I need to figure out the fastest and easiest way to sell this thing at high dollar. It's an 03 with 55k miles. Power everything with nearly flawless interior. What to do??

well do u have the LD9 or the 3400? If you have the LD9 you can easily make it fast. The LD9 can outperform a V-tech if you know how to combine the right parts. I can help you but if its a 3400, sorry I dont know much about it but still you can make it fast even if its a 3400. When looking for aftermarket parts look under Cavalier or Sunfire if its the LD9. You wont get a lot if you sell it. Let me know what you decide. Im currently planning to rebuild my LD9

pawzbear 05-22-2007 01:35 AM

pfft yall are ridiculous.

Babe, if you dont mind paying for the gas to dump in it, go for the formula!!! I'm a huge firebird gal, we have 2.. a '69 and a '95

trust me.....

Headstrong2740 05-22-2007 01:38 AM

KEEP IT!!!!!! I told you id gladly help out anyway i could to see that car of yours get up and modded :D besides shouldnt your bf/fiance/husband(whatever he is LOL) be helping you some as well???

You wont get much for the car.. trust me i know.. i looked into it as well before i started modding mine. Dealers will Fck you over and people wont pay you what its worth. Just keep it and drive it till it falls apart and modd it the way you want to... ill gladly help and im sure others around here will have advice and be able to help out as well some way or another

_01Alero_ 05-22-2007 01:39 AM

The formula will be a lot easier for you to mod. Alero's aren't easy to mod unless you have quite a bit of dough to throw at it. And even then, you can't do as much to it as you can a formula. So I would say go for it, but like everyone else has said, you wont get much for your alero, no matter what shape it is in. Top dollar for our cars is probably going to be around 4 to 6K max. Gotta love depreciation!

SweetNLow 05-22-2007 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff8928 (Post 281732)
LOL, people complain about fit and finish, build quality, etc.. about the Alero. You'll learn about those problems with a F-Body, that's for sure.

word........ those F-bodies certainly are piles of junk. they stopped making them for a reason.

DOHC_tuner 05-22-2007 01:53 AM

It is easy to mod an Alero, just like it is a Cavalier. WHOA DOESNT A CAV AND A ALERO HAVE THE SAME LD9 ENGINE?!!!;) So dont look for parts for a alero, look for parts for a cav and you'll have tons of options, and on top of that you can interchange parts with the Twin CAM's prior engine the Quad 4. So all you need to do is some research and soon you'll learn the potential of the LD9. Im rebuilding my LD9 to learn more first hand and upgrade it. Besides firebirds are badazz, and thats acuatlly the car I want to own, a six speed tranny, 5.7L V8 engine, and the sporty look of the dam thing alone. But after learning a bit of the LD9 i am crazy to rebuild it to its potential, and now I dont like hondas and their V-techs cause now i comprehend of what i own and the LD9. Im looking to buy a Cav with the LD9 so i can work on that too or a ecotec. I may shock a few but I can now proudly say eff HONDAS dam lawnmors

antichrysler 05-22-2007 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetNLow (Post 281741)
word........ those F-bodies certainly are piles of junk. they stopped making them for a reason.

lol didn't they discontinue the N-Bodies 2 years later?

[ion] C2 05-22-2007 08:49 AM

^was about to say that lol

steve-o 05-22-2007 09:25 AM

gotta give the F-body some credit, it made it through bullrun. (if anyone else watches that show) :p

SweetNLow 05-22-2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antichrysler (Post 281759)
lol didn't they discontinue the N-Bodies 2 years later?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 281762)
^was about to say that lol

n-body got discontinued for different reasons. and it was replaced more than anything by the current platform the G6 sits on....

the didnt get rid of the n-body because no1 was buying them and they were junk..... like the f-body

Headstrong2740 05-22-2007 10:28 AM

well f body or n body.. i still like my 6pck body.... LOL yeah sorry couldnt resist

number1alero 05-22-2007 10:35 AM

id say if its the 4 cylinder, find a way to keep it for a daily driver, thats what im doing with my ecotec alero, keeping it as a daily driver, as I have purchased a 96 mustang SVT cobra for my weekend fun car/project car. now granted its current a v8 N/A, there are tons of options for it such as turbo/supercharger/long blocks/etc.

the nice thing about the cobra, even though its about 100hp behind the 03-04 cobras because of no supercharger, i also paid about 1/4 the price of one of the newer cobras, so in those savings i can instantly begin my mods instead of having to make monthly car payments.

if your looking for serious power then the only feasible way to go is a rear wheel drive car.... yes you can get serious power out of a front wheel drive, but theres a lot more work and tons of more money involved, especially since they are all 4 and 6 cylinders that are N/A.

HazMatt24 05-22-2007 11:03 AM

what kind of condition is the Trans Am in?

alerored04 05-22-2007 11:15 AM

if i had the possibility of a TA i would go for it. I dont think you are gonna find a decent price for the alero though. Good luck with it.

raychael2003 05-22-2007 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headstrong2740 (Post 281775)
well f body or n body.. i still like my 6pck body.... LOL yeah sorry couldnt resist

haha! way to lighten the mood!