Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Forced Induction Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   WOT-Tech Cam/heads first fire-up. (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31957)

BlackJack 07-25-2010 03:14 PM

WOT-Tech Cam/heads first fire-up.

Ok, we're finally getting somewhere. I got the time over the past couple of weekends to make some headway. Special thanks to my 13yr old daughter for helping me from the engine build all the way through final assembly and fire-up. She both turned alot of wrenches, kept me motivated, and also totally freaked out my fence-building contractors when they walked up and saw her installing pistons LOL.

It's running a bit rough, but during the following videos, this was the first test fire, then a few short clips after finding a couple of vacuum leaks (note from the erratic idle at first), it smoothed out a bit, but you can still tell it has quite a bit of lope with the given lift/duration and LSA. This is on my old tune also, so the flow characteristics have changed dramatically.

Also, it will sound very raspy since it was recorded on my cell-phone and it picks up more of the high tones than the lows, compounded by it being an open down-pipe with no resonator or muffler.

I'm super excited about moving forward, and it looks like I MAY end up getting a track run in before my coming deployment. Time will tell. I still have to buy tires (all dry-rotted and cracked from sitting in Arizona) and should also be wrapping up a few odds and ends with swapping back to Alero hubs and the custom axles from the MMS 4t65 swap kit.

More to follow as I progress.

Turbo is installed but not connected up, this was just to get the initial idle and check for fluid leaks etc. before finalizing everything.

1st fire-up vid:

2nd vid, found and stopped one or two vacuum leaks:

3rd Vid, found a couple more leaks and it smoothed out a little more:

AleroB888 07-25-2010 04:04 PM

Almost "Game On" time, huh :p Hope you can get a lot of street time on it, break-in and all that. All the mountings are good to go?

Vic28 07-25-2010 05:21 PM

damn we need a better camera to enjoy the cam. bump for parent to daughter built, you dont see that all the time.

BlackJack 07-25-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleroB888 (Post 550527)
Almost "Game On" time, huh :p Hope you can get a lot of street time on it, break-in and all that. All the mountings are good to go?

No, mounts are not complete yet. Still standing by for Milzy to deliver my rear torque brace. This may be the final hold-up. I'm going to get some decent street performance tires first for daily driving, and see what kind of times it will lay down, then I'm going to have to get another set of rims/slicks to really tell.

Also, I have a bit of re-torquing to do. Front bank is pouring water out of the head gasket down the front of the block. I think once I get the new ones from WOT-Tech I should be in good shape. Those full coppers I have always give people fits on re-torquing until they settle in.

strtrydr 07-26-2010 12:55 AM

Good to hear everything is coming along and hoping everything goes smooth to the finish.

heineck 07-26-2010 01:04 AM

ha nice ur 13 yo daughter can do more on an engine than most people on here

BlackJack 07-26-2010 08:06 PM

Thanks.

It should be fun for sure. Can't wait!!

99alerogirl 07-26-2010 09:56 PM

badass!!!!!!!!!!!!

spyhunter 07-26-2010 10:07 PM

mid 13s?

BlackJack 07-26-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyhunter (Post 550601)
mid 13s?

Lets not get too ambitious. My last documented run was 14.5. Lets take this a little at a time shall we? LOL

spyhunter 07-27-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackJack (Post 550606)
Lets not get too ambitious. My last documented run was 14.5. Lets take this a little at a time shall we? LOL

You're absolutely right. I predict a first run of 14.4

Cliff8928 07-27-2010 01:38 AM

it's always good to set your expectations low, then when it's better you won't be disappointed.

widbyj 07-27-2010 01:55 AM

that's what she said

spyhunter 07-27-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliff8928 (Post 550620)
it's always good to set your expectations low, then when it's better you won't be disappointed.

It IS a v6 n-body after all.

BlackJack 07-27-2010 07:10 PM

Yes it is. Don't forget it :)

spyhunter 07-27-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackJack (Post 550704)
Yes it is. Don't forget it :)

Forget what?

Weazel 08-14-2010 03:21 PM

Sicknasty. I'm dying to hear it with a better camera!

kwhauck 01-26-2011 03:41 PM

How did I miss this? What are your cam specs?

BlackJack 01-26-2011 04:01 PM

I think the specs are in the following link somewhere:

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...22cam+specs%22

and you must have missed a bit then, it's been running for awhile up until I deployed. Last minute track prep and install on the Milzy 4t65 swap mounts hosed me though right before game time. Mount bolts were too long and punched through the trans case leaving me without a transmission. Up until then, it was shredding the beef off the steels with DR's from a 70mph+ punch. This thing will be very interesting when I get back and get a new transmission in. I already have the full M/T slicks mounted and ready.

kwhauck 01-26-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackJack (Post 573160)
I think the specs are in the following link somewhere:

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...22cam+specs%22

and you must have missed a bit then, it's been running for awhile up until I deployed. Last minute track prep and install on the Milzy 4t65 swap mounts hosed me though right before game time. Mount bolts were too long and punched through the trans case leaving me without a transmission. Up until then, it was shredding the beef off the steels with DR's from a 70mph+ punch. This thing will be very interesting when I get back and get a new transmission in. I already have the full M/T slicks mounted and ready.

I remember all that, I just don't remember those vids. Any idea when play time is over in the sandbox?