Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Alero Fun (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3637)

-Alero- 09-10-2004 10:29 PM

alright i had some questions on some fun things to do with a car: 1. is it possible to get some donuts goin with the 3.4 v6? 2. how come pulling the e-brake doesnt lock the wheels and allow you to do a bit of a slide? (3.4 v6), for mine it just kinda slows down and makes a klunk noise a few times and it doesnt sound like its healthy. other than that, i'd like to hear any tips you guys have on burnouts, drifts, etc.

jamcllw 09-10-2004 10:40 PM

You can do donuts in reverse but your probably going to bust both of your CV joints. And I don;t kno about the e-brake thing never tryed it.

FormulaNERD 09-10-2004 10:42 PM

yea, drifting isnt real smart.... on loose gravel it'd be ok, but i wouldnt do it a whole lot. and reverse donuts are a no-no.

the ebrake is self adjusting, and chances are if yours doesnt work too well, it's been used alot. i know i've used mine alot... and it's pretty much non existent now.

mfuller 09-10-2004 10:43 PM

Get an upgraded rear swaybar, and go through a corner faster than you should, lifting off the throttle mid-turn. Don't come crying when you wreck your car.

Final-Reality 09-11-2004 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mfuller@Sep 10 2004, 09:43 PM
Get an upgraded rear swaybar, and go through a corner faster than you should, lifting off the throttle mid-turn. Don't come crying when you wreck your car.
It's pretty easy to correct for lift-throttle oversteer. However if you start hitting your brakes when the rear starts coming around then all bets are off. :P

jackal2000 09-11-2004 12:18 AM

it was raining here last night and i went into a u-turn a little too fast. roughly 25mph. i slid about 10 feet at a 45 degree angle before my front tires hooked up. of course i let off the gas and didnt touch the brake. the oncoming traffic was quite a ways away but i pulled into an abandoned parking lot that was conveniently right in front of me. i kinda wished i had pulled the e-brake just to see how my car would have reacted.

Aleromaster 09-11-2004 12:45 AM

When I grab the ebrake in a uturn in a rainy road it makes a loud bang and dodsn't lock the rear wheels

|Rev| 09-11-2004 02:19 AM

best way to do doughnuts with an alero is to put a couple of McDonalds treys under you're rear tires, and lock the e-brake. That way you don't have traction in ur rear tires, and you can swing it around, it works well and it's fun. Don't know if it's bad on ur car, I've only done it once. As for backwords, I wouldn't do it unless ur on snow. And I have gotten my car to drift on wet pavement, back b4 I got new wheels and tires, our ebrakes don't engage until you have it all the way to the top, you gotta kinda pull it hard. I wouldn't suggest doing any of these often though.

Rubered00 09-11-2004 02:23 AM

best way to do donuts is with the e-brake in the snow...mine doesn't have to go all the way to the top to engage .....it's pretty tight so about half way up gets the job done. as for drifting....watch out for curbs.

1WhiteOSV 09-11-2004 02:39 AM

Donuts in reverse in the snow is EASY...just hammer the gas..turn the wheel and make sure ur in reverse! As for drifting...tires make a HUGE difference too! Pulling the ebrake works for me..idk about all this self-adjusting stuff but mine works fine. With my stock crappy, almost illegal to drive, tires w/ hardly ANY tread I can drift around any corner I want...but w/ my new rims and toyo proxes tires I stick to the ground around just about any turn..ive broken the back end loose once but i hit a 75degree turn at 80mph heh heh heh

Grouch 09-11-2004 03:02 AM

Let's not go through this same dumb thread again
http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=4955

thanks.