Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Audio, Video & Security (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Did my Alero come with Keyless Entry? (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30311)

Runaboveit 01-28-2010 08:39 PM

Did my Alero come with Keyless Entry?

I bought a 2001 Alero, and the person selling it only had one original olds key and a copy. No remotes.

It's a GL according to the title, 4 door, cruise, CD player, power W&L, cloth.

I also notice if I push the lock button once before I get out until it chimes and then get out and close the door, it automatically locks after I get out and the lights flash.

Was keyless and option on the GL's or 2001's?

Or does anybody know where the box i'm assuming for the keyless transmitter is located. I imagine I could just check and see if there is one, and then I'll know.

And If I do have it, how can I find out what version remote I need to purchase?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Malibu369258 01-28-2010 08:41 PM

I wonder this sometimes on my GX, on occasion when I lock my doors before closing the doors, and I walk away, I hear it click again and the lights flash.

Nate's Alero 01-28-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malibu369258 (Post 522828)
I wonder this sometimes on my GX, on occasion when I lock my doors before closing the doors, and I walk away, I hear it click again and the lights flash.

if you only push it once, and it goes DING DING DING, that's a feature, if you push it twice, it will lock and no chirp and flash... this does not mean you had keyless

JLw7123 01-28-2010 08:49 PM

ya there was just go to the GM dealer ship you should be able to get one there

Malibu369258 01-28-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate's Alero (Post 522830)
if you only push it once, and it goes DING DING DING, that's a feature, if you push it twice, it will lock and no chirp and flash... this does not mean you had keyless

Ah ok, never had a car that did something like that. So if I only press it once and close my doors, it will really lock it, with the lights flashing as an end result?

Nate's Alero 01-28-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malibu369258 (Post 522833)
Ah ok, never had a car that did something like that. So if I only press it once and close my doors, it will really lock it, with the lights flashing as an end result?

yep...

go try it lol

JLw7123 01-28-2010 08:55 PM

ya my old black alero did that.

Malibu369258 01-28-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate's Alero (Post 522834)
yep...

go try it lol

I just did, that's effin amazing lol.

I'm done crapping this thread now.

undersc0re 01-28-2010 08:59 PM

My 2001 Alero did not come with keyless fob. The dealer told me it was not selected as an option for mine.

Runaboveit 01-28-2010 09:33 PM

So besides JLw7123 saying ya it does, can anybody else back this up on how to come to a conclusion if it does or doesnt? Anyway to find out for sure? Something located in the car anywhere? I checked with a dealer and they quoted 80 bucks for a new remote but mentioned there are different versions of the remote. And had no way to find out with my VIN. Was he just incompetent?

Nate's Alero 01-28-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runaboveit (Post 522851)
So besides JLw7123 saying ya it does, can anybody else back this up on how to come to a conclusion if it does or doesnt? Anyway to find out for sure? Something located in the car anywhere? I checked with a dealer and they quoted 80 bucks for a new remote but mentioned there are different versions of the remote. And had no way to find out with my VIN. Was he just incompetent?

run a VIN check, someone can pull all the RPO codes, i know it

alero_bmxer 01-28-2010 10:03 PM

i thought mine had it too but the window sticker ( yes i still have the window sticker :) ) stated otherwise. the original owner had every possible option put on accept keyless entry :(

Cliff8928 01-29-2010 01:36 AM

The RPO Code for the Keyless entry is AU0. Look on the underside of the spare tire cover for the service parts identification label which lists all your options.

-or-

The RKE receiver is clipped to the rear deck. It's clipped from the topside, but you definitely could tell if one was there if you knew what to look for. It's just to the left of the trunk light.

Runaboveit 01-29-2010 05:08 AM

Thank you Cliff ...

2004alero 01-29-2010 08:54 AM

if i were you id go to a junk yard and find a keyless entry set in any car that is gm and i think the box you need with the remotes is under pass side dash.

cherrington17 01-29-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2004alero (Post 522913)
if i were you id go to a junk yard and find a keyless entry set in any car that is gm and i think the box you need with the remotes is under pass side dash.

that black box under the passanger side dash is the BCM, and needs to be vin matched to the car.

also... i don't think it does anything with the keyfobs themselves.

IRONDOG442 01-29-2010 11:14 AM

or just go to http://www.compnine.com/vid.php and enter your vin

AndyT3 01-29-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate's Alero (Post 522830)

Wait what? Mine came with factory keyless, so if I go outside and press and hold my lock button until I get the chime, then close my door, the lights will flash and it will lock?

Is that like an early edition of passive locking system? Like when the last door closes they lock?

Kilroy 01-29-2010 03:03 PM

the receiver (aka little black box) for the remote door locks, is located under the rear speaker deck. If you didn't have the option originally, then there is NO connection to just plug it in. I know, cause I tried it. The receiver needs three connections, power, ground, and the data bus connection. There IS a bunch of wires running right past the spot where the receiver sits, but no available plug to plug it in. If someone really wants to try and retrofit the original keyless entry into their car, I suppose I could find the box, and the keyfobs, and sell them to you. Me, I just got a remote car starter installed that got hooked up to the power doors. :)

AndyT3 01-31-2010 10:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright I finally took out my owners manual and that locking feature is called delayed locking. So, with the drivers door open, you press lock once, chimes, close door, 7 seconds it beeps, lights flash, and it locks. If you press it with drivers door open, then open another door, it will lock when the last door closes. Not sure how that would be useful, but it's there, lol.

I typed that on my iPod, so heres the screenshot from the manual.