Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   sad news :( (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38915)

riceralero 08-17-2017 01:57 PM

sad news :(

after getting her back from mechanic, we learned the a lot of the front steering parts are in very bad condition and unsafe. That combined with the rear right wind regulator going out, my dad has decided that the time has come to sell the Alero. I may still post in off topic as i really enjoy this community. A possible replacement is a Pontiac g6 gtp. The good news is the gtp has a 3.6 v6 with 252ish horsepower. Quite a nice increase compared to the LA1.

riceralero 09-01-2017 01:55 PM

Ill prob be on here for a while. Because parents are getting a divorce, the lawyer suggested not getting a different car until everything is finalized. I still might be getting a g6 or a forth gen fire bird(with a v8).

riceralero 09-01-2017 02:09 PM

uhhhh

Ill prob be on here for a while. Because parents are getting a divorce, the lawyer suggested not getting a different car until everything is finalized. I still might be getting a g6 or a forth gen fire bird(with a v8).

paul ron 09-25-2017 08:51 PM

I know how you feel about your car. I was going to sell my 2000 when I bought a new car. The dealer was going to give me $600 for it... but but it runs great, why so little? they didnt like the cosmetics. I told them to shove the $600 n I'll give the dam thing to my son.

Well the alero is still on the raod today, except the front end parts are starting to go (old lady legs now), the paint is a scary camp fire story, the dash looks like crap but the fkn thing runs like a champ!

I had the pleasure of driving it a few weeks ago when my son left it in my driveway while he was away.... gat dam thing is ready for the grave any moment now. Compared to my new car, its pretty scary with stearing so delicate, shocks dragging knees, it felt like rubber bands holding her together.

My son is determined to keep her till the plates fall off.... or the first high repair bill whichever comes first. Got only 98,000 miles on it too, but haven't put a single nickle into her aside form tires n brakes. Even have the factory antifreeze in it!

I probably jinxed it telling you this.

If its ready to take her last ride.. anyone interested can leave me a note and its yours when we are ready to let it go. Come n get her? 2.4 4 dr no mods.

zzyzzx 09-27-2017 12:21 PM

All those things should be fixable easily enough, unless the real reason for getting rid of the car is rust where some of those parts attach.

riceralero 11-26-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzyzzx (Post 666384)
All those things should be fixable easily enough, unless the real reason for getting rid of the car is rust where some of those parts attach.

the entire underside is heavily rusted. like holes in frame rust

GaryC 11-28-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riceralero (Post 666481)
the entire underside is heavily rusted. like holes in frame rust

My 2001 I bought new shares the same fate. It's been off the road and in the garage for 2 years now. Engine cradle is rotted. Lots of rot in the undercarriage :( Haven't been able to part with it yet.

riceralero 11-30-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryC (Post 666482)
My 2001 I bought new shares the same fate. It's been off the road and in the garage for 2 years now. Engine cradle is rotted. Lots of rot in the undercarriage :( Haven't been able to part with it yet.

:( that sucks. I love how tourqey the v6 is and its a damn shame