Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   At The Track (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   2009 Saturn Sky TURBO or 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo v 2000 Olds Alero (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34466)

Redog 07-18-2011 05:49 PM

2009 Saturn Sky TURBO or 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo v 2000 Olds Alero

READ ENTIRE POST FIRST!

Alero Specs: Best 1/4 mile time 14.53 @ 92.94, more recently before head swap 14.69 @ 94.15 MPH

2009 Saturn Sky Turbo with 5 speed manual: 13.9 in 1/4 mile

2008 Lamborghini with 6 speed manual (?) (paddle shifters) 11.6 in 1/4 mile

Driver specs:

Me serveal years or race experience, best green light in Alero .001 avg green light in Alero .100 or less

Sky and Lamborghini driver (same guy): Zero track experience, never even been to a drag strip to watch let alone race.

Story: this guy at work has started talking shit. He has a 2009 Turbo Saturn Sky, which yes I know they are faster than my Alero in the 1/4 mile, probably by almost a whole second, which is about 2 to 3 car lenghts. However this guy thinks his car is so fast and he's such a great driver (I forgot to mention that he has hit a few staionary objects in his day) and the highest perfomance car he's ever driven has been the Sky

The Lamborghini comes into play. His rich g/f is buying a used Lamborghini and he thinks she's going to let him drive it to the track to drag race it. He's never driven the car before, but he'll probably have a little bit of practice before the "race" car runs the 1/4 mile in 11.6 with a 0-60 of only 3.4 seconds.

The Sky is about a second faster, the Lamborghini is 3 seconds faster. Under regular conditions I know I don't have a shot, but with his inexperience on my side, I think I with either lose to the Sky by less than a car lenght or win by a bumper lenght and the Lambo would be less than 2 cars.

What does everybody think?

I add, I doubt this will happen. Been challenged a few times by people that have never raced a 1/4 mile before and they backed out. One was a non turbo 1983 Porshce 944 and the otehr was a 1992 Camaro with a 350 swap (don't know too much about the swap, but neither did the guy. He thought "turn key" meant you can start the car with a key)

JLw7123 07-18-2011 06:17 PM

dunno the you could make the alero faster for a lot cheaper. The saturn sky well it is a 5 speed so if the person driving it suck at driving a standard. Then you will win. It is hard to say.

[ion] C2 07-18-2011 06:52 PM

their cars are quicker regardless whether they can launch and drive without spinning the tires... if the lambo is spinning at the line and you cross the finish first that doesn't mean anything lol

JLw7123 07-18-2011 07:01 PM

I know the only thing that matters is the time not if you are first.

AleroB888 07-18-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 591690)
their cars are quicker regardless whether they can launch and drive without spinning the tires... if the lambo is spinning at the line and you cross the finish first that doesn't mean anything lol

You could always hope he breaks a clutch, what would that cost, about $3 grand ?

Redog 07-18-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 591690)

Just cause you have a faster car, putting down a faster time, doesn't mean you're going to win the race. Stop thinking like a ricer :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleroB888 (Post 591694)
You could always hope he breaks a clutch, what would that cost, about $3 grand ?

Possible, this guy brakes everything

MMGT1 07-18-2011 08:57 PM

I say you call him out and see what happens

[ion] C2 07-18-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 591695)
Just cause you have a faster car, putting down a faster time, doesn't mean you're going to win the race. Stop thinking like a ricer :lol:

You're the one thinking like a ricer. "Oh ho I beat a Lambo!" big deal, that doesn't mean your car is any faster than his, just means he can't drive or has malfunctions. I smoked a Z06 at the track too, but he ran a 16.4... nothing to brag about.

Once traction issues disappear, the real colors show. One reason everyone around here seems to like roll races. Helps eliminates the excuses of tire spin. I guess I just don't understand the point of being glad you beat the other car solely due to their inability to handle their vehicle.

03glgold 07-18-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 591699)
You're the one thinking like a ricer. "Oh ho I beat a Lambo!" big deal, that doesn't mean your car is any faster than his, just means he can't drive or has malfunctions. I smoked a Z06 at the track too, but he ran a 16.4... nothing to brag about.

Once traction issues disappear, the real colors show. One reason everyone around here seems to like roll races. Helps eliminates the excuses of tire spin. I guess I just don't understand the point of being glad you beat the other car solely due to their inability to handle their vehicle.

After reading this I have to agree with you there but I do think that if the point is to deflate the other guys oversized ego then that way is the way to do it as long as you don't get all proud over it.

[ion] C2 07-18-2011 09:13 PM

i agree with doing that for that reason. it would be fun and funny.

:awesome:

Redog 07-18-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03glgold (Post 591700)
After reading this I have to agree with you there but I do think that if the point is to deflate the other guys oversized ego then that way is the way to do it as long as you don't get all proud over it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 591701)
i agree with doing that for that reason. it would be fun and funny.

:awesome:

That's why I want to do it. If I beat the guy with his g/f's Lambo I mean come on, how funny would that be.

I never said anything about my Alero being faster than a Lambo! That would just be silly ;)

I would like to quote myself in another thread, when I raced Jackel (Jon). Please feel free to read the thread and judge from that what I judge my racing on.

This is the thread: http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...t=redog+jackel

This is the quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redog (Post 383867)
This was the first run, Jon and I raced twice.

The first time Jon's car was faster by .025 seconds but my R/T was .185 seconds faster, giving me a magrin of victory of .1602 seconds.

The second race was tighter at the line, Jon was .039 seconds faster than me but my R/T was only .065 faster and I won that race by only .0267 seconds. He was right there.

Jon's car is impressive on the 1/4 mile. Both times my 60', 330', 1/8 mile, and 1000' were all faster, but his 1/4 mile time was faster than mine.

It wasn't soupy, but it still was a bit humid out. That killed the times. If it was less humid like it was all week here, we both would have been in the 14's easy.

AZFire316 07-18-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 591699)

Seriously? Who runs a 16.4 in a Z06? Did it blow up halfway and just limp the rest of the way? Epic fail if someone really ran that slow in one of those. My parents have an 07 and I cant see it possible to run that slow in one without the guy blowing something up?

Afugy 07-18-2011 09:53 PM

Where did you run against the Z06? I know someone that posted a time like that in a Z06.

[ion] C2 07-18-2011 10:01 PM

at Milan in Michigan here, he was a middle-age guy and was clueless as to how i beat him

AZFire316 07-18-2011 10:04 PM

did he launch in 4th or what? I just cant fathom those cars running that slow even with a terrible driver high 13s or low 14s are possible.

Redog 07-18-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 591706)
at Milan in Michigan here, he was a middle-age guy and was clueless as to how i beat him

I don't need a clue, I know.

Guy has a mid-life crisis and runs out and buys a $60,000+ Corvette and decieds that since his car is so fast and cool, he takes it to the track to beat some "ricers" in their Civics. So he drives his brand new, mid 12's, Vette to Milan and can't get better times in it because it runs the same as his minivan, since he's never driven anything but for the past 20 years :lol:

AZFire316 07-18-2011 10:16 PM

too scared to floor it maybe?

3500Alero 08-21-2011 10:00 AM

Just spray the Alero with a 150 shot! That will make things interesting!:posi:

spc2125 08-21-2011 11:17 AM

you say your an experienced driver. so what are the things that factor in (that you can control) to get better times. ex. when to shift......

Oldsnut 08-21-2011 12:29 PM

Just do it Ken and that will shut his trap. He won't be beating his chest anymore after he loses.