Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   new drums at shop now this...... (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36662)

irondiezl3 01-09-2013 01:55 AM

new drums at shop now this......

had new napa premium drums installed yesterday. took car home from shop and passanger side in the rea makes a hard thump thump thump when brake is applied? called shop said that it must be a out of round and or warped drum and its very common for any brand drum. I dont understand how an out of round or warped drum would make such a hard thump this isnt a shaking sensation you feel its a hard thump or knock when the brake is applied. any ideas? i know before they did the drumd the shoes were still very very good and i had no braking issues at all anywhere on car.

a.graham52 01-09-2013 07:23 AM

iv had that happen to me before with a customer car.

sleepyalero 01-09-2013 07:47 AM

Take it back.

04PONTIACGA 01-09-2013 06:03 PM

Yes, take it back, and have them turn the drums. Any time I do drums if they are brand new or re-using the old ones I have them turned just to be sure. This is a common problem.

Redog 01-10-2013 07:06 PM

If the drum is defective, they should replace it at no charge.

Not your fault, or theirs

irondiezl3 01-10-2013 08:19 PM

wow on the way to warranty out the drums my axles fell out of the tranny how the hell does that happen no warning signs and car always drives good this ever happen to anyone else?

sleepyalero 01-10-2013 08:53 PM

Never happened to me. That's very odd.

irondiezl3 01-10-2013 08:56 PM

when the tow came he noticed it first then my mechanic called me and said he doesnt understand how these axles were installed or how they ever worked because they are too short so now im even more confused:wacko:

04PONTIACGA 01-10-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondiezl3 (Post 630713)
wow on the way to warranty out the drums my axles fell out of the tranny how the hell does that happen no warning signs and car always drives good this ever happen to anyone else?

Ummm...... What? Wow, I have never heard that one.

irondiezl3 01-11-2013 11:04 AM

shop called this morning said the snbap rings basically desinagrated somehow they had a friend from a transmission shop come down to check it out cuz he never saw anything like that before dam how crazy is that the axles are only 6 months old to.

Nas Escobar 01-13-2013 12:23 AM

This is the weirdest thing that I've seen. You had work done in the rear, what does the front have to do with it?

Keep us posted and hopefully you find out what's causing this.

Warranty exchanges are the best! Haha

irondiezl3 01-22-2013 12:33 PM

ok got brand new cardone select axles put in and wow smoother than stock finally fixed as far as rear he put new drums and shoes on noises shaking gone just he over tightened the shoes so I am hoping when i re adjust its not to late they were very very hot and smelled terrible.