Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bad Suspension Install (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36555)

XanderWiFi 12-02-2012 02:12 PM

Bad Suspension Install

2 Attachment(s)
I happily had my H&R Springs, KYB AGX and KYB mounts installed at the shop that installed my exhaust. They did a great job on my exhaust but when I wanted to soften my suspension some I discovered something that has me quite upset. Pics attached, you can probably see what is wrong.

The pic with the large nut on the side-that was what was holding everything on. This nut has shredded the adjustor...

On the pic that is normal, you can see an open nut screwed down to the bottom and the normal adjustors etc.

I'm not even sure what to do. Obviously, I'll call the shop to let them know they effed up. But how to fix? Not a clue...I couldn't get the adjustor to really work that well on the affected side. Seems like I could get a useable nut to fit on there properly but will I need to have them remeasured to ensure each side is even?

XanderWiFi 12-02-2012 02:15 PM

See on the broken one how the adjustor is compressed down? You push it down and rotate it to adjust the stiffness but it stays stuck down there. I am thinking about contacting KYB. Maybe it is a part that can be replaced easily?

jawa 12-02-2012 02:24 PM

i would make the shop who did the work pay for the damages, if they refuse just mention lawyer, they tend to do shit when you say that lovly word lol

billytheman1188 12-02-2012 03:07 PM

how the fluck do they do that?! It's just a damn nut that goes on there....shouldn't have messed up the adjuster....damn.

Papa Rad17 12-02-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jawa (Post 628523)
i would make the shop who did the work pay for the damages, if they refuse just mention lawyer, they tend to do shit when you say that lovly word lol

YEP!!! Thats bs. Make them get that fixed right!

XanderWiFi 12-02-2012 03:46 PM

Honestly, how can they? It took me damn near half a year just to get the AGXs because they are on backorder...that is why i wonder if there is a way to fix the adjustor itself, but I highly doubt it.

It's been months since it was installed and has been handled by a different shop for the alignment. I foresee a finger pointing circle jerk that will be more stress and running around than I need. I plan to post a review and utilize the beautiful caplitalistic practice of choosing with my feet.

I am wondering that if these are non fixable, could I have some GR2s in the front and keep the AGXs in the back?

billytheman1188 12-02-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderWiFi (Post 628526)
Honestly, how can they? It took me damn near half a year just to get the AGXs because they are on backorder...that is why i wonder if there is a way to fix the adjustor itself, but I highly doubt it.

It's been months since it was installed and has been handled by a different shop for the alignment. I foresee a finger pointing circle jerk that will be more stress and running around than I need. I plan to post a review and utilize the beautiful caplitalistic practice of choosing with my feet.

I am wondering that if these are non fixable, could I have some GR2s in the front and keep the AGXs in the back?

Nah don't do the gr2s in the front. shockwarehouse.com That's where i got my AGX's and it took like a week and a half to get them. Not every site has them on back order ;)

03glgold 12-02-2012 04:25 PM

Not sure where you got yours but while I have looked before and not seen them orielly's sells agx's as well now

jawa 12-02-2012 04:41 PM

btw that nut looks like a lug nut

03glgold 12-02-2012 04:54 PM

I am sure what probably happened is they lost the right nut and rather than going and replacing it with the right thing, they had that lug nut that was the right threads so they just threw that on there thinking that you wouldn't adjust the shocks...I am saying this not knowing why someone would be so stupid as to think that someone would spend the extras for adjustables without intention of adjusting them.

billytheman1188 12-02-2012 05:10 PM

Oh that's the nut they put on it!? LOL i thought you just had a random lug nut sitting there. No wonder the top is all messed up. wow....i would have brought it back the first time i saw that. What a bunch of idiots....how do they not have a nut for that? Or they can't just order one quick and go pick it up? lol... their a shop...they should have TONS of nuts/bolts/washers/etc laying around. smh....

sleepyalero 12-02-2012 05:13 PM

Id say stop going to them, you've had numerous problems with them.

XanderWiFi 12-02-2012 05:21 PM

They did a good job on the exhaust but I probably will be done with them. Have another shop thats closer, cleaner...though maybe a bit more expensive but very business oriented.

Anyone have ideas on getting that particular part fixed/replaced or am I looking at buying a new shock? Can you even buy a single shock?

mfuller 12-02-2012 05:45 PM

I think that shock is a goner. Honestly, I'm almost speechless at how anyone could fubar that so badly.
Might need to contact KYB directly about buying a single shock.

xXManwhoreXx 12-02-2012 08:56 PM

Its gone. Not even worth having it fixed just get a new one

XanderWiFi 12-02-2012 09:07 PM

FML. Always me...or Sleepy lol.

sleepyalero 12-02-2012 09:35 PM

hahahaha

mfuller 12-02-2012 09:54 PM

Summit Racing allegedly has them in stock.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ky...le/model/alero

happyisthealero 12-02-2012 10:09 PM

I guess what I am looking at in the first pic is that it is also sheared and missing a nut? Took me a while to understand since I have never done it myself, but want to.

Couldn't you have done this yourself? Or do you need to have it in an alignment shop right away?

billytheman1188 12-02-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyisthealero (Post 628545)
I guess what I am looking at in the first pic is that it is also sheared and missing a nut? Took me a while to understand since I have never done it myself, but want to.

Couldn't you have done this yourself? Or do you need to have it in an alignment shop right away?

Yea you can do it yourself....just need a spring compressor and torque wrench ;) It's ok to drive to the alignment shop....if its not too far. Just be careful cause it's scary driving a car without an alignment :lol: