Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Audio, Video & Security (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ported Trunk 2 (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28413)

AleroDrime 08-18-2009 09:48 PM

Ported Trunk 2

for clarity im not talking about ports for my box, my box is ported
nor am i talking about ports running from the box elsewhere
and this is basically a cosmetic question

original post

I have two 3in ports, identical to the ones that were in my bandpass box, and I want to port the trunk. My original plan was to do this through the rear deck. But the metal part underneath and roods are keeping me from doing this.
I'm asking your opinions on placing the ports though the center of the rear seat. This means relocating my large amp but i beleive there would be a lot of benefits from doing this. Such as more bass in the front of the car and releived pressure in the trunk, less rattle and less hazard to the 6x9s.

I want your honest opinions on this mod, please leave opinions about me out

basically
do it through the center of the rear seat one over the other

or in the rear deck between the 6x9s

YALEROYNOT 08-18-2009 09:57 PM

another thread ? :rolleyes2:

are you freaking for real ? :coolio:

or are you just playing this role ?

heineck 08-18-2009 10:15 PM

effin troll

AleroB888 08-18-2009 10:22 PM

For one thing, you don't necessarily need to use 2 ports, maybe only 1. Also, this whole project is going to involve trial and error, since the volume of the trunk vs the port diameter and depth will affect the tuning. It may turn out that the tuning is at too low a frequency, who knows?
Anyway, I vote rear deck.

AleroDrime 08-18-2009 10:22 PM

the other became a crap fest, too many pple had noclue what i was asking about(like most my threads)

i dont think tunes gonna be a big deal, we are just talking about holes in the trunk, basically i bought two ports to use so it'd look clean

jayson_waltz 08-18-2009 10:31 PM

just leave the rear seat down? thats wat i do and its lots easier than this.

AleroDrime 08-18-2009 10:55 PM

i want ports and cant have the seat down all the time

KenshinZero 08-18-2009 11:17 PM

N/M misunderstood. >_< PLUH Are you having a problem with hearing your rear speakers?

Ryan from Ohio 08-18-2009 11:34 PM

Two 3" ports?

You are toying with things outside your capability. What you will be doing is making a bandpass box...

To avoid this, make the openings as big as possible.

two 3" ports is hardly worth the effort IMO.

YALEROYNOT 08-18-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio (Post 488638)
Two 3" ports?

You are toying with things outside your capability. What you will be doing is making a bandpass box...

To avoid this, make the openings as big as possible.

two 3" ports is hardly worth the effort IMO.

that is what i told him in the other thread :rolleyes2: sure we will see a third thread :rolleyes2:

worknprog.99 08-18-2009 11:39 PM

just remove the whole back seat... bondo over your door creases shave the rear door handles and make it an extended coupe. then put a glassed box in the back where the seat was. and put your amps in the trunk with the speakers npw filling the whole where the seats were.. just make sure you learn to do body work before you shave your back doors to create a coupe... thus now you dont have to worry about poeple sitting back there...

AleroDrime 08-18-2009 11:42 PM

lol i wanted a coupe to begin with but couldnt find an ecotec coupe anywhere near my area. ryan how much opening do you think itll need, and overall acoustically is it a bad idea

KenshinZero 08-18-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worknprog.99 (Post 488640)
just remove the whole back seat... bondo over your door creases shave the rear door handles and make it an extended coupe. then put a glassed box in the back where the seat was. and put your amps in the trunk with the speakers npw filling the whole where the seats were.. just make sure you learn to do body work before you shave your back doors to create a coupe... thus now you dont have to worry about poeple sitting back there...

and while he is @ it why not make it a convertable.

worknprog.99 08-18-2009 11:43 PM

i told you the opening size. remove the back seat and convert to long-coupe

AleroDrime 08-18-2009 11:45 PM

can yall be serious im not turning a sedan into a coupe, nor am i removing the back seat mess from a sedan

ive been serious about this idea for a while and i really want experience input on how to do it right
my friend ran and got two 3inch hole cutters(sry bad with proper names) just so if this works we can do his sentra

AleroChick785 08-18-2009 11:50 PM

they are givin the advice they have...ur the difficult one in this entire situation

worknprog.99 08-18-2009 11:52 PM

yoou were serious about making an extended cup holder sub box thing too and that failed or never was even going to happen... how do we know when an idea is serious and when you just are shooting the shit?

YALEROYNOT 08-18-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleroDrime (Post 488643)
lol i wanted a coupe to begin with but couldnt find an ecotec coupe anywhere near my area. ryan how much opening do you think itll need, and overall acoustically is it a bad idea

its a calculation you need to do and like i said on the thread.....:rolleyes2:................ you should seal the box off from the trunk and make a band pass.... using the trunk as a chamber it is to big unless you are putting 2 or 3 18" in there

YALEROYNOT 08-18-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AleroDrime (Post 488648)
can yall be serious im not turning a sedan into a coupe, nor am i removing the back seat mess from a sedan

ive been serious about this idea for a while and i really want experience input on how to do it right
my friend ran and got two 3inch hole cutters(sry bad with proper names) just so if this works we can do his sentra

its a hole saw

and take a video so when you pop thru the metal and in to the rear window I can see it...... dont forget your safety glasses

worknprog.99 08-18-2009 11:58 PM

What About The Extended Center Console Speaker Thing Project!! Finish It Now