Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Window Tint Too Dark? (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38085)

Babyblue 08-01-2014 10:52 PM

Window Tint Too Dark?

Well I was driving around Wednesday night and I see flashing lights in my rear view. I pull over and the cop walks up to my car and taps his flashlight on the window. He said "The reason I pulled you over is because your windows are to dark" I said "I know".( I've had my windows 5% all around for three years and now I get pulled over ) Then he started talking about the law and what you can and cannot have. But in the end I got a "fix it ticket"....Since I am in love with my window tint and how dark it is...My plan is to go to the junk yard. Get windows off a Alero that have NO tint on them at all. Take my windows out and replace them with the NON-Tinted ones. Get my car checked by the court that I have to go to within 15 days. When that is said and done, I will then go and put my Tinted windows back in. I guess the lesson I learned is don't always drive with your windows up if they are 5%. But since I love my Alero so much...I will do anything to keep her looking sexy!

sleepyalero 08-02-2014 01:21 AM

Hahahahah thats alot of work just for that, but saves you the money for re tint.

20% is what I have, and honestly my limit. 5 is to dark at night, but nice.

In my area, cops dont really bother me about tint. Plus when it is warm out my windows are always down night and day... ive been pulled over twice in the 6 years ive had the car for my tint.

First pull over: cop said he didnt care just wanted to warn me some rookies on the force might pull me over for it, real nice guy. Then we got into it about my car he really liked it and asked what all I had done to it. (This and the next pull over was about a year ago)

Second time: I guess it eas a rookie cop. 2 weeks after I was warned about possibility of getting pulled over I did. He gave me a verbal warning, since then nothing. It helps I know all the night cops in my area so they dont bother me.

negolien 08-02-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babyblue (Post 656775)
Well I was driving around Wednesday night and I see flashing lights in my rear view. I pull over and the cop walks up to my car and taps his flashlight on the window. He said "The reason I pulled you over is because your windows are to dark" I said "I know".( I've had my windows 5% all around for three years and now I get pulled over ) Then he started talking about the law and what you can and cannot have. But in the end I got a "fix it ticket"....Since I am in love with my window tint and how dark it is...My plan is to go to the junk yard. Get windows off a Alero that have NO tint on them at all. Take my windows out and replace them with the NON-Tinted ones. Get my car checked by the court that I have to go to within 15 days. When that is said and done, I will then go and put my Tinted windows back in. I guess the lesson I learned is don't always drive with your windows up if they are 5%. But since I love my Alero so much...I will do anything to keep her looking sexy!

Way to skirt the law ... Not goin to get any support from me. You deserve every ticket you are going to get.

JLw7123 08-02-2014 04:19 PM

I live in NH and have 20% all the way around and have not had any trouble with the police or inspections.

a.graham52 08-02-2014 05:19 PM

whats the leagle limit for tint in your area blue?

sleepyalero 08-02-2014 07:36 PM

I assume 35

Babyblue 08-03-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negolien (Post 656788)
Way to skirt the law ... Not goin to get any support from me. You deserve every ticket you are going to get.

This is my car...Why should I have to listen or obey what someone tells me to do on my car that I bought. I should have the right to do whatever I want to my car. No questions asked. Sorry but it's stupid that another person like you or me should be able to hand out a ticket to a kid for window tint. Why are they not catching real criminals?? Cops think they are above the law...They are a bunch of jokes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a.graham52 (Post 656794)
whats the leagle limit for tint in your area blue?

This is a copy/paste from the Michigan traffic laws.

Question: Can I have tinted windows on my vehicle?

Answer: The law that covers window applications is MCL 257.709 . The use of tinting is limited to the rear side windows, the rear window if the vehicle has outside mirrors on both sides, and the top 4 inches of the front side windows. There is a limited exception for medical necessity with a doctor's prescription, which allows for tinting to be applied to the front side windows as well. Michigan does not have a specification for the darkness of the window application, but does prohibit applications with a solar reflectivity greater than 35%.

Question: If I have a signed letter by my doctor indicating a medical necessity for tinted windows can another person drive my vehicle if the windows are tinted?

Answer: MCL 257.709(3)(e) allows for front side window tinting with "...a letter signed by a physician or optometrist, indicating that the special window treatment or application is a medical necessity. However, the special window treatment or application shall not interfere with or obstruct the driver's clear vision of the highway or an intersecting highway." A vehicle equipped with such tinting could not legally be driven by a person other than the person to whom the letter was given.

smccarthy1883 08-03-2014 01:57 PM

So it says there is no limit on how dark you can go. Just solar reflection, which I assume is mirror tint?

tw0123 08-03-2014 02:15 PM

So in other words you can only tint 4"of the front side Windows without a prescription from a doctor....
also most laws require that an officer should be able to identify how many occupants are in a vehicle and what sex they are at night.... with anything past 35% their ability to do so is compromised which is how they enforce most tint tickets....

sleepyalero 08-03-2014 02:24 PM

Window tint is a dumb law/good law. Its good to keep officers safe. But dumb becuase 35% doesnt do sht and is a waste of money

[ion] C2 08-03-2014 02:53 PM

just go to the office and say you removed your tint, i heard most of the time they won't even come outside to look

i guess it'd be awkward if they did

negolien 08-03-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyalero (Post 656808)
Window tint is a dumb law/good law. Its good to keep officers safe. But dumb becuase 35% doesnt do sht and is a waste of money

Laws are enacted for a reason you don't like them vote to have them changed. To disobey a law because YOU feel it's not appropriate makes you a criminal /shrug wonder what other laws you break.

JLw7123 08-03-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negolien (Post 656810)
Laws are enacted for a reason you don't like them vote to have them changed. To disobey a law because YOU feel it's not appropriate makes you a criminal /shrug wonder what other laws you break.

I here what you mean. But if your car passes inspection once a year i do not see the problem. Its the same thing with people with lifted trucks putting stock tires to pass inspection.

Babyblue 08-03-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

LOL. Dude the law is stupid. If i'm a criminal for having to dark of window tint. This society is crap. I am from Canada and a cop is not going to pull you over for having to dark of window tint. The cops here in the U.S.A are a bunch of CRIMINALS with badges and gun. I have no respect for any of them. :p :canada:

Worst country in the world=:usa:

negolien 08-03-2014 06:01 PM

And there it is...:hanged:

Babyblue 08-03-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negolien (Post 656814)
And there it is...:hanged:

What are you even trying to say by that? I'm not trying to be offensive to you at all but just speaking my opinion about the whole thing.

negolien 08-03-2014 07:36 PM

Way over the line bro..but like I said I knew you were going there so no surprise thanks for not letting me down.

03glgold 08-03-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

That must mean you have never sped or turned up your music louder then allowed by law otherwise you are common criminal and deserve to be punished

[ion] C2 08-03-2014 08:02 PM

well the discussion quality sure has hit the shitter

Babyblue 08-03-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negolien (Post 656816)
Way over the line bro..but like I said I knew you were going there so no surprise thanks for not letting me down.

Well Now I know who acts like a "..." On this site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 656818)
well the discussion quality sure has hit the shitter

Well Negolien is apparently a law enforcer..:lol:

Anyways I Have a plan to keep my car looking amazing and i'm sticking too it!