Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   How-To Archive & FAQ (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Clear "Euro" Tails, Tinting & Pinstriping Tails (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1734)

Naich 04-04-2004 01:51 AM

Q: Does anyone make clear tails for my Alero?
A: No company actually mass produces them. The only way to get them is to either make them yourself or pay Anderbra (a member of this forum) to make them for you.

Q: Ok, but I've seen some pics of Aleros with clear tails. Are you sure they don't sell them?
A: Yes, all of the pics on the internet of so-called euro tails on aleros were custom made. If you do not have the skills to make them yourself, there is not a real easy way to learn how without risking perminantly screwing up your lights. I would just pay Anderbra to make a set for you.

Q: What about the guys who have dark tail lights? How do I do that?
A: That is a product called Spray Tint. You can buy it at almost any big auto parts store. You take out your tails, open them up, and spray a few coats of tint on. It is pretty simple.

Q: What about the people who have pinstripes on their tails?
A: The best way to do it is to take apart the tails and add the pinstriping to the insides.

Q: Has anyone put vinyl overlays on their tails? Has anyone painted them?
A: Sure. Vinyl works allright, but not great. Paint works better... but it is perminant. For vinyl, no one sells it... you'll have to have a local shop cut it to shape for you. You will also need a hair dryer to put them on to shrink the vinyl onto the lights. Paint is pretty simple... you just mask off what you don't want to be covered... and spray them (of course when they're off your car).

Here are pics of options:
Vinyl:

Anderbra: go to http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=25&hl= for more info

Paint:

acidethereal 04-04-2004 01:53 AM

i want painted tails naich do you do them? if not who does?

Naich 04-04-2004 01:57 AM

No, I don't do them... for the best results, and to get them matched to your paint, get it done by a reputable body shop. If not, you can buy some white paint that is close in color, and mask it off yourself. Of course, if could bleed and look like crap. That's why I suggest getting a set of tails from a junkyard to use, in case you screw up, you don't get screwed over.... know what I mean?

scotttherock 04-06-2004 09:47 AM

hey naich would putting maybe 2 layers of black heavy masking tape inside the tails, in whatever design u want work instead of the vinyl? :huh:

Naich 04-06-2004 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by scotttherock@Apr 6 2004, 09:47 AM
hey naich would putting maybe 2 layers of black heavy masking tape inside the tails, in whatever design u want work instead of the vinyl? :huh:
you mean leaving the tape inside the lights? I would be affraid of fire... plus it would look like masking tape stuck on the inside of your lights. I would use paint... personally.

scotttherock 04-06-2004 02:18 PM

ok yea i didnt think of that...ok naich seeing your a yankee fan and pissing on the red sox logo which i love, i guess u live in the ny nj area...what if i spray tint my tails to look like skiboarders tails? is that legal , and what are the laws in the tri state area with tinting tails? bc they will be permanent once done :(

Naich 04-06-2004 02:24 PM

I believe that it is illegal to spray tint your tails... but I am not sure. I havn't done it to my car. I doubt you will get a ticket from it, but passing inspection might be difficult. I think if you paint it from the outside, but leave holes in it so the light can shine through, that would be legal. Again, you would have to check the laws yourself, because I really don't know for sure.

However, skiboarders tails (the ones in this thread, not his new cleared tails) are vinyl overlays, not spray tint. If you use vinyl or paint, and leave holes, it should be legal.

scotttherock 04-06-2004 05:04 PM

why would the spray tint be like questionable, and paint or vinyl be legal? whats the difference?

Naich 04-06-2004 09:30 PM

with spray tint, you would be covering the entire inside of the tails.... to make them "blacked out". I don't think that is legal. I might be wrong, but that is what I assume. With paint and vinyl, threre are going to be parts cut out that lets the light shine through. As long as enough of the red shows and can shine through, I think it is legal.

j-work 04-08-2004 12:39 PM

Has anyone ever cleared the turn signal in the tail light? Is it even possible?

havik 04-08-2004 02:24 PM

It's possible. fyi though, the amber (orange) tail light section isn't a removable piece, it's molded into the red section. So it would take more work to "clear" that section.

dadirtybulldog 04-09-2004 04:46 PM

anything's possible.... but i've never seen it done....

Pacho 04-14-2004 03:42 PM

Do you know how much anderbra charges for clear taillights?

jturkey69 04-16-2004 03:07 AM

here is a pic of spray on tint called "nightshades" on the outside of the tails

duesergirl 04-19-2004 09:29 AM

I did pinstriping on mine, and I did it with vinyl. There's a picture in the showcase section under "duesergirl's Rozey" where you can see it pretty good. It wasn't too hard, and it was very cheap. :)

dadirtybulldog 04-19-2004 01:14 PM

here's ya another option.... i painted mine.... also my headlights too.... check em out and give me input please....My Alero

polarexpress17 04-19-2004 01:16 PM

i dont even wanna mention what kinda responses i got when i asked about euro tails. but i think ski either had anderbra make his new ones or helped him make them. but i know he was involved

bnight04 04-19-2004 07:14 PM

is there a certain type of paint to use to blacken the tail lights out? And i assume that you just mask the design of the light, that you want to shine out , but what is the best way to do it

1WhiteOSV 05-11-2004 01:37 PM

my friend has a GAGT and he used spray tint on the OUTSIDE of his car and covered his corner lens where the orange piece is. He's had it for quite a while now and there's no problems....so i am guessing that spray tint does NOT have to b used on the inside only