Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   underbody lights (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20825)

Bad99Olds 01-30-2008 09:44 PM

underbody lights

so i am really interested in getting some neon underbody lights for my alero, which happens to be green. does anyone have any experience with this kit:

http://www.urban-neon-car-lights.com...ercar-kit.html

also what color would you all recommend, stick with green, or something else?

thanks.

[ion] C2 01-30-2008 09:52 PM

Mine was a single color, $70 off www.autotoyaz.com I believe. The wires are all cut off now and I plan on removing the light tubes whenever it gets warmer. Underbodies are kinda ricey. Two of my tubes died, and the wires were dangling down and causing issues so I just cut it all off and said to hell with it.

DOHC_tuner 01-30-2008 09:57 PM

I had the one with 7 diff colors and diff patterns. they are very sensitive or atleast mine were. The clips that hold them were plastic so they kept breaking. Then I dont know what happend but one went out. Then I went over a speed bump and next thing i know Im dragging it so i got tired of maintaining them so i cut them off. I still got the controller though

NickAlero2000 01-30-2008 10:03 PM

if ur gonna do neon (i will too eventually) then put some in the trunk and some under the hood so you can see everything (I have a 12'' sub in the back though so lol i kinda want to show it off.....while we are on the topic of lighting...is it legal to replace the bulb illuminating your back plate with a colored one?

01silveralero 01-30-2008 11:51 PM

when i had some on my silver alero they were blue. was <90 bucks from pepboys at the time so thats kinda what made me get them.

DOHC_tuner 01-30-2008 11:53 PM

I got mine from autozone for 40 bucks....cause they were discontinued

Satsuriku 01-31-2008 12:03 AM

Go with LED Street Glow, WAY brighter, more durable than neon and looks better.

I got the 7 color LED kit but ignore than lights in the wheel well, those are home made LED tubes I made and stuck under there.

Silentalero 01-31-2008 02:42 AM

iceled or bust ;)

Cyber Knight 01-31-2008 12:52 PM

^Cha-ching$$$, but they are the best. Check out http://www.oznium.com/underbody-kits for a variety of kits.

Satsuriku 01-31-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silentalero (Post 331770)
iceled or bust ;)

unless you want to spend $800.00 on underglows, though i love LED lighting, too dam much IMO, though the effects for them are cool as hell

clutch1 01-31-2008 02:06 PM

Like Cyber said, Oznium ftw.

If you REAAAALLY want true neons get a street glow Gold Series kit. Excellent neon kit with amazing color.

Otherwise look into the Flowlighting Blaze kit or Inferno. The single color flow lighting kit if you only want green works too.

If you're feelin frisky buy the Inferno V2, it's super bright and no one's really gotten good pics of it yet because it's too new.

Here's my Inferno!!!

cherrington17 01-31-2008 02:37 PM

everyone i've known who got underbodies has liked them for several months, to a year (give or take) and they never used them, or decided its lame.

personally, i wouldn't impulse buy them... wait until you have more done to your car (if you don't have much) and put the money toward something else.... that can be used much more often.

for the people who have them... how often do you actually have them on?

Silentalero 01-31-2008 02:56 PM

when i drove i used em all the time. Its diff tastes for diff people. Highly recommend oznium though if your gonna get anything. Phil's customer service is top notch

[ion] C2 01-31-2008 03:02 PM

well you can't use them while you're driving.. so it's only in parking lots or while you're stopped when you want to show off how "cool" you are because you have underglows, which isn't very often.

clutch1 01-31-2008 05:22 PM

Lol, I use mine all the time for showing off how cool I am :P

Satsuriku 01-31-2008 06:10 PM

well i still have to install my new moduel cause my original one crapped out but before then, i used them all the time, hell i always drove to edmonton with them on, though I always set them to a color other than red and blue

cherrington17 02-01-2008 08:32 AM

i guess it depends on local law. we can't have them on here while moving. only when at a complete stop. ...and even then its iffy, you will still be stopped and harassed.

cavaliers60 02-01-2008 09:05 AM

Just make sure nothing is facing forward or may look like Emergency lights. You will get in trouble... I vote on spending your money on something else, like performance

Midgear 02-01-2008 08:28 PM

I just went to advanced auto parts and bought a set of Optix Underbody Neons.. "by StreetGlow" im currently at my cousins house right now installing them.. we're waiting for his wife to come back so we can continue with the little project.

We hooked one up last night just to see how bright they were.. and we about got blinded by the green things.. I will post pics the minute i get access to a camera.. and have em installed.

cavaliers60 02-01-2008 08:37 PM

Neon tubes will be nothing but trouble... You should have gotten LED ones, but hope you enjoy them.