Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   General Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Ebc Greenstuff Pads (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3257)

smokinAMD 08-07-2004 12:19 AM

I was thinking of putting these on with the rotors Oldskool setup the group buy on.

They seem like a pretty good option just from what Tirerack said, I was just curious what you guys have to say about them if you have any experience with them.

Speaking of the Oldskool rotors, hopefully they get here soon. I'd really like to get them put on before I go off to school, and I'd really like to be able to take a bit of a road trip pretty soon.

Stock brakes are looking pretty nasty. Front rotors are glazed over and theres a grinding noise coming from the rear drivers side.

smokinAMD 08-08-2004 01:08 AM

Well, I just ordered them. Along with a new lug wrench from TireRack. I used the link from Aleromod of course.

Let you guys know what I think of them.

springs fastest alero 08-08-2004 05:03 PM

please do!
I've herd mixed results so I bought quiet stops from raybestos last time
I'm very curious how the green stuffs do especially on cold days

smokinAMD 08-11-2004 07:44 PM

Got them today, opened up the box, and damn near doubled over backwards. These things STINK. Most godawful smell EVER.

It smells very similar to well, raunchy kitty that something crawled up and died in. My room smells like a cheap hotel room now. :wah:

Redog 08-11-2004 09:07 PM

Do you live near the woods? If so you might have a few skunks "doing" stuff to your wheels :lol:

smokinAMD 08-11-2004 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Redog@Aug 11 2004, 07:07 PM
Do you live near the woods? If so you might have a few skunks "doing" stuff to your wheels :lol:
I wish that was the case. I haven't even put the pads on yet, and they are still in the vacumn sealed plastic bags. So god only knows how nasty they will be when I take them out.

FormulaNERD 08-11-2004 10:42 PM

how much did they end up costing after shipping?

smokinAMD 08-12-2004 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Aug 11 2004, 08:42 PM
how much did they end up costing after shipping?
Uhh....$130 something? I have the invoice, but it's on the other side of my room, and I'm feeling a tad bit lazy at the moment, and sleepy. When I wake up, I'll check it out.

Luckily, the skanky whore smell has gone away.

BLK03GXS 08-12-2004 05:09 PM

Thats funny... stanky whore smell... lol

1WhiteOSV 08-21-2004 04:22 AM

my friend who has a GAGT 3400 V6 has the Red Stuff and hates them and is getting rid of them ASAP. But on the other hand my OTHER friend has a Del Sol w/ the Green Stuff and loves them so...IDK. I'm sure they're better than stock at least! Both my friends complain about the smell of them though...it's pretty bad. Also the brakedust is pretty damn heavy vs. ceramic pads.

smokinAMD 08-21-2004 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1WhiteOSV@Aug 21 2004, 02:22 AM
my friend who has a GAGT 3400 V6 has the Red Stuff and hates them and is getting rid of them ASAP. But on the other hand my OTHER friend has a Del Sol w/ the Green Stuff and loves them so...IDK. I'm sure they're better than stock at least! Both my friends complain about the smell of them though...it's pretty bad. Also the brakedust is pretty damn heavy vs. ceramic pads.
Yeah, they smell like a dirty whore.

"Pardon me, I need to go douche my brake pads."