Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Paint and Body Work (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Deer (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30542)

That01Olds 02-19-2010 10:43 PM

Deer

Well my sister hit a deer yesterday morning on here way to work. Here are some pics of the damage that was done to her Chevrolet Lumina. She was doing 55 mph on a 4 lane state highway when she hit it. She is getting it fixed and she said she was just thankful that it didn't total the car. So I'll try to post up some pics once it's fixed again.

Ttop191 02-19-2010 10:56 PM

wow, that could have been A LOT worse, glad she is ok

cherrington17 02-19-2010 11:01 PM

man... tiny deer.

here... a hit at that speed, your buying a new car.

That01Olds 02-19-2010 11:07 PM

^ Correct she said it was a 3 pointer and it's not as bad because she managed to get the deer to go under the car instead of having it going through the hood and the windshield. If that would have happened she would be buying a new car. Also I don't know if you can tell, but when she brought it home you couldn't turn the wheels to the left at all.

Redog 02-20-2010 01:22 AM

Wow she was lucky not to get hurt and do more damage to the car, esp with a 3 point buck :eek:

Oldsnut 02-20-2010 01:30 AM

A tiny flesh wound. Glad al are OK

RockfordAlero 02-20-2010 02:24 AM

hood R&R
Fender and inner fender R&R
front bumper R&I
light assembly R&R
she was really lucky, with painting it yourself its only a couple hundred worth of damage... but if shes getting it done at a shop, ask for savaged parts, itll take alot of cost off... and depending on if she gets a blend will take the price up or down a good bit too

bdyman 02-20-2010 08:08 AM

first off what kind of insurance does she have, i see more damage, there is always always more damage when the car torn apart

i see possibly core support damage, possible sway down and to the right, plus you say she cant turn the wheel to the left and the deer went under the car

that right there tells me suspension damage, when the tech is told about the car or i was told about it its going right on the lift to look for damage beneath the car

junk yard parts are fine, sure no problem but......................this is a older car so parts will come to us beat up, dents rust guess what we dont work for free so we get paid to fix dent and rust its called clean up time

a good shop will blend the left door i dont care how old the car is i personally would blend the door, and r&i every part on the door as well, second even aftermarket parts if they dont fit which is always the case, guess what we get paid to make them fit, which puts the estimate higher then

i have been in mid repair when my boss would come back to me and tell me the car totaled, i wouldnt be so confident in say its not totaled until its at a shop torn down and the adjustor is back out for a re inspect

then come back in here and say totaled or not totaled

cherrington17 02-20-2010 08:13 AM

bdy, have you ever seen one of those, figured there was more damage, and after removing the panels... were shocked to find it really was only the panel that was busted?

bdyman 02-20-2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockfordAlero (Post 527162)
hood R&R
Fender and inner fender R&R
front bumper R&I
light assembly R&R
she was really lucky, with painting it yourself its only a couple hundred worth of damage... but if shes getting it done at a shop, ask for savaged parts, itll take alot of cost off... and depending on if she gets a blend will take the price up or down a good bit too

cmon now lets do a good estiamte shall we
replace hood latch
replace hood
replace left fender
replace left marker light
replace left headlight
replace headlight mount brakcet
repair headlight mount panle< those are metal, 1.5
r&i front bumper 1.5
repair front bumper 2.0
replace left bumper impact strip
replace left fender liner
replace hubcap
set up, 1.5
measure
pull sway 2.0
repair core support, 3-4
repair left upper rail 3.0

left door blend. 1.0
remove belt molding
remove door handle
remove body side molding
remove mirror
remove trim panle

cover car 1.0
sand and buff 2.5
misc material

replace left strut 2.0
replce left knuckle
replce inner tie rod
replace outer tie rod

misc material
cover car
tax %9.0
body labor 48.00
paint labor 48.00
frame labor 90.00
mechanical 85.00
electrical 75.00

total body labor 25.0
frame labor 4.0
mechanical 4.0
paint 8.0

now thats just by looking at a picture, im not there im just showing in detail what i see its not torn down so again a guess by looking

bdyman 02-20-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrington17 (Post 527176)
bdy, have you ever seen one of those, figured there was more damage, and after removing the panels... were shocked to find it really was only the panel that was busted?

on a very rare occasion it would have to be a door ding, or a impact below 10mph but something like this is not the case

JLw7123 02-20-2010 10:31 AM

wow good thing she is ok the damage does not look to bad.

a4d2a0m 02-20-2010 03:41 PM

A deer ran(well actually put head down and charged!!) into the side of my car last night too.

I got very lucky tho.. It hit the rear pass. tire!!!, didn't leave a single mark.. just a wad of hair stuck in the bumper/fender seam.

Philbar71 02-22-2010 03:12 PM

^ Wow, you have his DNA, so now you can hunt him down :D

That01Olds 02-22-2010 05:58 PM

Well here is what it looks like now. My brother fixed it for my sister this weekend so this is the finished product or at least it is for now.