Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax. Great Stuff! (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37126)

cavaliers60 05-15-2013 06:20 PM

Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax. Great Stuff!

Washed my Taurus today (sorry, not the Alero), and thought I'd write a little review on the Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax. I've always used Meguiar's products. I love the results, and this doesn't disappoint! I just wish I had one of those electronic buffers to give it the really GOOD shine. Anyways, here's the end result:

JLw7123 05-15-2013 06:25 PM

Ya that is great stuff I have the wax just for white cars. Have u used the meguiars buffer.

JLw7123 05-15-2013 06:41 PM

Ya that is great stuff I have the wax just for white cars. Have u used the meguiars buffer.

cavaliers60 05-16-2013 04:45 AM

No. I'm getting it today though. :)

Papa Rad17 06-09-2013 01:43 AM

Looks good! you still in vinny? I just moved down here!

WIALERO 06-19-2013 11:26 PM

That stuff does wonders :) looks good!

MiLo 07-07-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLw7123 (Post 639836)

Paste wax for white cars? I need this...
to me when I wax my car it just seems like I can't really see the sky or trees color pop like I do when other color cars do their wax.. you know what I mean? It just seems too dull...

sleepyalero 07-07-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiLo (Post 643120)
Paste wax for white cars? I need this...
to me when I wax my car it just seems like I can't really see the sky or trees color pop like I do when other color cars do their wax.. you know what I mean? It just seems too dull...

Go to target or a auto store meguires makes a white and a black wax meant for light/dark vehicles

MiLo 07-07-2013 07:34 PM

whats the correct method to get the perfect shine?
to my knowledge (correct me if i'm wrong) its
thorough wash, clay bar, wash again, compound, glaze, polish, wax/sealant...
and of course anytime after the 2nd wash...
clean tires (tire cleaner), clean rims, gel tires (wet look), polish rims.

Valley olds 08-05-2013 08:24 PM

Sorry for reviving this thread, but I just thought I would try to answer the above question as well as I can.

I am not sure, but if your paint isn't too scratched, you shouldn't really need the compound. Polish does the same but is not as abrasive as the compound.

What I would do is "wash to remove unstuck dirt and debris, clay bar to remove any contaminants that are more stuck to the paint, wash again because the clay bar can take a while and by when you are done dust may have gathered on the paint, polish to remove damaged paint, and finally wax to seal it".

That is just how I would do it though. I may be wrong as well.