Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   How-To Archive & FAQ (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Installing oil pressure gauge (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27920)

PappaSmurf 07-11-2009 07:56 PM

Installing oil pressure gauge

Okay so after 5 hours of reading through old threads on how to install oil pressure senders, I went outside to look under the hood of my car and see if I can find it. NOPE, no luck here. I also noticed that I have a hole (threaded) next to my oil filter (on the right side). I am taking it that this hole is where the knock sensor should be??? Am I correct?

If anyone can help me out on this thank you. I have the 2.4L DOHC engine and can't find where i need to put the new oil sender unit.
-Smurf-

Redog 07-11-2009 09:46 PM

That is correct on the 3400, don't know about the 2.4

broken__one 07-11-2009 11:02 PM

The sending unit is under the cover that says 2.4 on the front cam housing driver side. and i belive the knock senser is on the back side of our moters.

PappaSmurf 07-11-2009 11:27 PM

Ok, call me RETARDED, but why the hell would the oil pressure sending unit be under the IDI cover (the thing that says 2.4L Twin Cam)?

Ken, what is correct? LOL
-Smurf-

Nate's Alero 07-11-2009 11:58 PM

ken has a V6, but you have a V4 lulz

(no i was not at ass FOAD)

PappaSmurf 07-12-2009 12:12 AM

I know this Nate, however what is a foad?
-Smurf-

Redog 07-12-2009 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
^^ Aleroracing's typing of the word "Ford"

Sorry, Smurf that I didn't think of this sooner:

I looked in my Alero Manual and yes the oil sending unit is under the IDI cover.

It is mounted on the front camshaft housing on the left (driver's side) of the engine

Attachment 7059

Nate's Alero 07-12-2009 12:32 AM

eff off and die

(thats what it is, im not telling you to... lol)

PappaSmurf 07-12-2009 12:37 AM

Ken, THANK YOU SIR.......YOU are a GOD!!!! Now can you find me a picture of the place where to install the trans. temp., LOL?

Nate, if you are not telling me too then why did you post it??? Are you trying to play games with my head as it is late and I ALREADY have a headache...LMAO
-Smurf-

RisenequinoX 07-12-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PappaSmurf (Post 478422)
Ken, THANK YOU SIR.......YOU are a GOD!!!!

coming from a "christian"

:lol:

sorry.=]

PappaSmurf 07-12-2009 12:44 AM

I did not say that he was God, I just said that he is one.

Ken, you are a GOD(des) risen told me too!!! LMAO
OK, Fixed

PappaSmurf 07-13-2009 12:04 AM

Okay so what I have learned is that yes I AM RETARDED because the sending unit is under the IDI cover and that it is SUPRISINGLY easy to hook up the power to gauges if you run them to the wires from your radio, (thanks Ken)!
More to follow as I am trying to hook up the oil sending unit to the car as soon as I get off here. My question is what to do with the old one, Should I just cut it off the wire and tape the wire up or what?
-Smurf-

[ion] C2 07-13-2009 12:08 AM

Unplug the harness and cable tie it up someplace. That's what I did when I replaced the stock oil pressure sensor for a turbo oil feed hose.

PappaSmurf 07-13-2009 12:20 AM

Chris,
Thanks for the info. Will I be throwing a code for this?
-Smurf-

[ion] C2 07-13-2009 12:34 AM

No, nothing happens. Not like you needed the stock sensor anyway, it trips a light when you have < 5 psi of oil pressure.

PappaSmurf 07-13-2009 04:52 AM

Okay, another thing I learned while trying to change the sender unit, it is the wrong freaking size. The one they gave me is threaded smaller. Does anyone know the correct size thread that we need for the LD9?
I did get power to all of them and playes with all seven colors and the two functions that fade between colors and changes between colors, I like it. However, of course they are stuck on the blue background with the red pointers. LOL
-Smurf-

P.S. For those of you that will probably say it, SCREW YOU, I am tired and didn't take any pics. LOL I will later tonight when I come back to work.

cherrington17 07-13-2009 07:33 AM

just go to a car parts place, and get an adapter for the next size bigger. they'll know what your talking about. (take the sender with you)

Gr1m 07-13-2009 09:40 AM

any plumbing supplier or machine shop should have what you need.

Redog 07-13-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PappaSmurf (Post 478422)
Ken, THANK YOU SIR.......YOU are a GOD!!!! Now can you find me a picture of the place where to install the trans. temp., LOL?

Nate, if you are not telling me too then why did you post it??? Are you trying to play games with my head as it is late and I ALREADY have a headache...LMAO
-Smurf-

Smurf, I sure can (assuming that your tranny probe will fit the hole. It will be above the pass side axle)

http://www.grandamgt.com/transtemp.html

Nate, you need a lot of help with yours. You should be nicer ;)

[ion] C2 07-13-2009 10:09 AM

1/4" NPT