Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Gm Doing a Recall next year (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254)

fiestyalerogirl81 11-20-2003 10:40 PM

I hear that gm is doing a recall next year on the 2000 and 2001 Aleros due to the hazard switch. I had a link for it let me go find it again.......

fiestyalerogirl81 11-20-2003 10:43 PM

http://www.accidentreconstruction.co...03/090503a.asp

vulgar 11-20-2003 11:22 PM

yea i have the exact described problem but im not on that god damn mofo recall!

misslindseysue 11-21-2003 08:51 AM

Yeah that's really old news.

Silentalero 11-21-2003 09:02 AM

yea but its still a problem i have, i want them to recall it already

Alerosince99 11-21-2003 09:07 AM

Yeah I would like them to recall mine as well. I dont know if its a related problem but this is my second alero where the mount for the hazzard button has broke allowing the button to slide in the dash. Getting a new one would solve my problem. :)

Silentalero 11-21-2003 10:29 AM

No the problem with this is the hazard switch iis connected to your turn signals and when the hazard goes bad you have to push it several times and play with the button to get the turn signals or hazards to work. Royal PITA

fiestyalerogirl81 11-21-2003 10:48 AM

I agree with you silent. As we both know our alero's our giving us that problem. OH by the way I contacted general motor's, and they do not have it out right, you would have to contact a local oldsmobile dealership instead. Which I think you said they wanted to charge you 40 for just the switch. Talk about P I T A!!!!!!!!

korey 11-21-2003 11:13 AM

I wonder if this is the problem with mine. I have a very intermittant problem with both turn signals not working. I can usually get them functioning by turning the hardard switch "ON".

Silentalero 11-21-2003 11:16 AM

ITS NOT HTT IT HAS TO BE ON, IT JUST HAS TO HIT A CERTAIN WAY TO ACTIVATE THEM, ITS WEIRD BUT YEA THATS EXACTLY THE PROBLEM THE REST OF US ARE HAVING

ahh crap ass didnt notcie the caps

Pellinore 11-21-2003 11:29 AM

Had the same problem with the turn signals not working, but hazards do. If i played with the harard button then I would get the turn signals back. GM has replaced the hazard button twice so far.

2kalerorocket 11-21-2003 11:45 AM

I had this problem, I replaced the hazard switch and never did it since. It is not an easy job due to confinds and location of bolts. but I am glad it is fixed, I was getting really short fused with it at the end.

Silentalero 11-21-2003 11:55 AM

bolts? I thought th hazard switch was just a pop in kinda deal with some clips ??

2kalerorocket 11-21-2003 01:05 PM

nope, there are three nuts you have to loosen. So to do it you have to remove your guages and the air vent. Some how get an end wrench or socket wrench in and undo the nuts. That is the pain part is getting the tools into the area to unbolt. one nut i could use the rachet on and the others I had to use the end wrench. then having to put the nuts back on.. my gawd there is no finger room to get them started. It is soemthing that I hope I never have to do again. I'll do a write up. if you can get it done under warrenty do so!

crazykid 11-21-2003 01:16 PM

i got a 2000 and dont have any problem with the turn signals.. yet.. only problem really is sometimes they will act up and flash really fast... but this was my own fault since i broke the bolt under the hood holding the turn signal controller or whatever to a ground connection (next to the battery, next to where the air box would be)... so until i connect it back to a good ground (since the other half of the bolt is still stuck in the hole) it will be taped there.. and sometimes it comes loose. so if anyone has a good suggestion that doesn't make it look obviously ghetto rigged, let me know

Silentalero 11-21-2003 01:39 PM

also if your outta warranty recalls go beyond any warranty.

sound_xtreme 11-21-2003 01:50 PM

my roommates has this problem. I didnt notice any bolts holding it anywhere on my extra dash tho, I'll look next time I am at the shop.

2kalerorocket 11-21-2003 03:26 PM

I don't think it was part of the dash rather part of the skeleton of the dash. I am pretty sure unless my car was just different. When you switch out the rely it is a whole assembly that bolts in, I will get some shots of my broken one I still have it laying around here. it can't be installed though the hazard switch hole, I didn't have to take the hazard switch bezel off. It is a pretty good sized piece. look at number 7 on the illustration.

Cost is $20.06 on New Gm Parts. That is where i ordered mine from and had it delivered to me.

blueyezalero 11-21-2003 05:01 PM

I am having this problem also. I have contacted Oldsmobile because GM is not sending out recall notices until the second quarter of next year. I told Oldsmobile I need this problem fixed now so they are helping me to try and get it fixed as soon as possible. The problem is that the switch is located in a bad spot. When it experiences temperature change it malfunctions. I don't remember exactly but you can do a search for recalls on Oldsmobile Aleros. The dealerships do not know about this yet so you have to call Oldsmobile if you need the problem fixed now. Oldsmobile # is 1-866-932-4368. Some people at Oldsmobile don't even know about it so you have to tell them you found it online. They just decided to do this recal August 3rd but letters won't go out ot custoomers or dealerships until next year.

blueyezalero 11-21-2003 05:03 PM

Here is a link http://152.122.48.13/prepos/files/Artemis/...03V327-3701.pdf