Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Lucas Fuel System Cleaner (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6867)

-Alero- 05-01-2005 12:19 AM

i recently bought the large container of lucas fuel system cleaner and conditioner, and i am very impressed, i just got 340 miles on a tank of gas. i have the 3.4 and i drove probably half highway and half city. you may find this stuff at your local car part store, and once you put this stuff in you can actually feel a difference. it helped out with my mileage very well and i strongly recomend it. :thumb:

Fast Eddie 05-01-2005 02:40 AM

do you mean Lucas or is this some other brand? I've never heard of luca's.

I have been shown how fuel injection "cleaners" are not worth it; Its like the difference between brushing and flossing. If you got great milage good for you.

-Alero- 05-01-2005 05:22 AM

sorry i didnt capitalize the L i didnt think it mattered that much to you.

anyways what are you talking about brushing and flossing? im talking about products that actually work.

eag182 05-01-2005 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by -Alero-+May 1 2005, 04:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(-Alero- @ May 1 2005, 04:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>sorry i didnt capitalize the L i didnt think it mattered that much to you.

anyways what are you talking about brushing and flossing? im talking about products that actually work.
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Fast Eddie

You realize those pour in treatments dont do sh!t to carbon build up and the like right? Its the difference between removing paint with a garden hose (tratment) and sandpaper (a professional pressure/sonic cleaning).
[/quote]

I've been told that too but it worked so well for Alero I might try this.

Crolero 05-01-2005 12:57 PM

He said it in my STP fuel injector cleaner thread as well. but it worked and now this works. hmmm seeing a pattern here....

-Alero- 05-02-2005 01:09 AM

well i mean some products are better than others, and some guarentee they work, and others have benefits and this and that, etc. etc.

thats how companies got to the top.....for being the best

im not saying Luca's is the absolute best, but is very well known and reliable.

-Alero- 05-02-2005 01:14 AM

now if you wanna clean up carbon deposits and all that jazz. Seafoam is where its at.

GainesvilleAlero 06-27-2005 06:50 PM

...or you can take it to a mechanic and get a REAL fuel injector cleaning. Just a thought......

soupitup 09-08-2005 09:07 AM

Lucas is a really good product. I work at an auto parts store and I sell tons of the stuff, and I reccommend it to everyone. I'm not a fan of additives at all, but I've been really happy with all of the lucas products, and the oil stabilizer is really good too.

I don't know about all the brushing and flossing, but if you use the injector cleaner, chances are you're going to notice a difference

cgriffin 09-08-2005 09:11 AM

i agree totally Lucas is the best you will feel the difference, i highly recommend using :cool:

ryanthefizz 10-10-2005 11:59 AM

have used lucas fuel injector cleaner and i suggest it. if your going on a long drive u will beable to see the difference and it will most likely pay for itself.

as far as lucas oil treatment, if u take your car in and your not running synthetic and u get the additive your looking at a 50$ oil change. while i have noticed it a little, im not sure if it is worth it for every day drivers. and the stuff is like glue, hope it doesnt mess stuff up for me in the future.

Whitetigerboi83 10-14-2005 08:33 PM

Lucas is good used it once or twice .. stp is ok but it depends on the engine and how much you drive .. b-12 chem tool or something works well every 5 or 6 tanks of gas keeps it nice and smooth running

steve-o 12-13-2005 11:57 PM

lucas is the only thing that keep my old cavalier running. :rolleyes:

halfJ99 12-16-2005 12:41 PM

i used the lucas fuel injection cleaner in my old vortec 4.3 blazer and it seemed to make it idle smoother

2fst4u 12-16-2005 06:21 PM

another thing that helps is a new fuel filter

battistoni21 02-07-2006 10:11 AM

I have used the Lucas cleaner and it seemed to work well with the first tank of gas, but after i filled it up the second time, my engine still seems that it is burning wayyyyy to much gas for a 2.4L 4 cylinder. I'm thinking that my fuel filter needs changed..... I bought a new one, any tips or advice on switching it with the old one?(note: I have a 4 door 2.4L 2001 alero) Thanks

Menace 02-07-2006 10:20 AM

I bought some lucas power steering fluid that is suposed to help leaks and it didnt work.