Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Audio, Video & Security (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sound dampening forum discount! (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26170)

Ryan from Ohio 03-06-2009 10:58 AM

Sound dampening forum discount!

Mod/Admin please sticky.

If you have been following Cherry's thread we were looking into Sound Dampening.

Well it panned out, but not a group buy per say.

We are getting 20% off Sound dampening products via Elemental Designs:

www.edesignaudio.com

Simply head to their site. Buy only what you want/need. At checkout enter the code edeadba and you will get 20% off the PRODUCT. Note shipping is standard and extra.

EDIT:

Since so many people are asking and to lazy to measure for themselves Ive done the work for you. Below SQ Feet assessments are APPROXIMATES only with some extras added. If you add it all up and buy it all you may wind up with leftover- which is better than not enough! All values are single layers and have some extra added in.

Trunk Lid: 9 sq/ft
Sides of trunk (both): 14 sq/ft
Bottom of trunk: 15 sq/ft
Trunk total: 38 sq/ft

Back seat under bench seat: 10 sq/ft
Back seat sides (coupe- 2dr) 13 sq/ft

Door:
Skin (very outer most part- both): 16 sq/ft
Inner door (under neath door panel): 9 sq/ft

Total for 2 door coupe: 86 sq/ft

I advise you to consider the liquid stuff for your trunk lid. It can get between the sheet metal and the sheet metal skeleton where mat cant get. But you have to remove the trunk lid! Also I advise the use of a better mat for the door skin, under the rear seat (especially here!!!!) and the rear sides for 2 doors.

[ion] C2 03-06-2009 11:01 AM

we need a group purchase forum section like J-Body has.

Ryan from Ohio 03-06-2009 11:04 AM

This isnt a group purchase.

Im not sure if theres a time limit on that code either. So dont wait around people!

YALEROYNOT 03-06-2009 11:38 AM

i will be ordering 100 ft of 45 mill in a day or 2

hok666 03-06-2009 11:55 AM

how much will one gallon cover??

cherrington17 03-06-2009 12:25 PM

simply because you've seen alot of this stuff... have a recommendation/suggestion for what version of that stuff to use?

and you might want to post your other link that details this stuff, over here... for comparison reasons.

black 03-06-2009 12:35 PM

edead120???

how much would we need for the trunk???

cherrington17 03-06-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black (Post 438617)
edead120???

how much would we need for the trunk???

http://www.edesignaudio.com/elementa...edeadwhere.php

Ryan from Ohio 03-06-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrington17 (Post 438613)
simply because you've seen alot of this stuff... have a recommendation/suggestion for what version of that stuff to use?

and you might want to post your other link that details this stuff, over here... for comparison reasons.

That link only covers the older mats, so its not 100% anymore. So its useless to post it here.

Its all a money pit really. The more you spend the less you will hear. If its not to bad get the $1 stuff, want better get the $2 stuff. want the best, get the $3.50 stuff.

Personally Im getting some of both. Im going to do the trunk with eDed45. Im doign the back seat and cabin with eDead80. A quart of the liquid stuff for the trunk lid. This will get into the sheet metal frame to sheet metal areas the mat wont!

I will try and work on some numbers for you guys tonight or tomorrow.

cherrington17 03-06-2009 01:03 PM

i'm thinking i'm getting a gallon of the liquid for the outer skin (at least) maybe i'll do the some of the trunk in that too. and regular 80 mat for the door/backseat. is the neoprene worth investing in?

i won't have time to do this till summer vaca though. so i'll be looking forward to your feedback about it.

i think the liquid will be much easier to use on the inside of the door (on the plastic)

Ryan from Ohio 03-06-2009 01:25 PM

Its not easy to put on vertical surfaces.

Im going to remove my trunk lid to do it.

cherrington17 03-06-2009 01:56 PM

looks pretty thick... i don't imagine it dripping alot if your doing thing coats.

SouthDakotAlero 03-06-2009 03:19 PM

Has anyone checked the shipping prices yet? You have to create an account in order to view them.

XanderWiFi 03-06-2009 04:13 PM

Just how much do you have to take your car apart to do this?

itsbmw 03-06-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderWiFi (Post 438656)
Just how much do you have to take your car apart to do this?

Where do you want it?

Ryan from Ohio 03-06-2009 05:54 PM

Updated first post with estimates.

Some one with a 4 door can measure up the rear doors and figure the rear sides (under the back seat upright where that strange carpeted plastic bumps are).

cherrington17 03-06-2009 06:09 PM

thanks for the addition. (coupon AND estimates)

:thumb:

Ryan from Ohio 03-06-2009 08:34 PM

I put in 90 Sq ft eDead45, 1 qt liquid. Shipping from Idaho to Ohio is only $20- so its reasonable...

Also note that its only a discount on MAT, not the liquid stuff!

I wont be able to buy until next week... :(

cherrington17 03-06-2009 08:42 PM

not liquid...hmm.... that changes things (not much though)

i know the inner/outer skins need dampening, but do the inside of the doors?

and like i said before... does the neoprene closed cell foam make a big difference/where does it get mounted?

Ryan from Ohio 03-06-2009 10:05 PM

Well what are you looking for?

I wouldnt pay the price for that stupid foam crap. Just get some jute from a flooring store, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

The mat will reduce the structure noises and help with road noise. The jute will help alot with road noise. Especially under the rear seat. Its a horrible area there.