Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Audio, Video & Security (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Monsoon system replacement question. (Rear speakers) (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38241)

Hammer 11-23-2014 07:17 PM

Monsoon system replacement question. (Rear speakers)

I'm new to the forum so be gentle. ;)

I have an 02' Alera coupe that I just replaced the factory head unit and removed the monsoon amp. I have everything wired up and good to go except for the rear speakers.

I put some Kicker 6x9s in and I need to know how to wire them. I would like to not have to run new speaker wire if at all possible.

Thanks!

PS: If anyone can tell me the pins for the tweeters on the Monsoon amp wiring harness that would be sweet too.

Nas Escobar 11-24-2014 02:56 AM

Well considering that you removed the amp, you're pretty much going to have to run new wiring. The actual hassle is not running the wire, but taking out the rear shelf. You have to take off the sides of the seat and the side trim on the C pillar (the piece of metal between the rear door or rear window and back window). You could run both left and right on the same side. It doesn't have to be ran parallel. I would recommend running it on the passenger's side, especially if you ever plan on adding a sub. The battery is on the left so that's where the power cable would go.

Hammer 11-24-2014 10:58 AM

Is there a reason I cannot just splice into the harness that use to connect to the amp?

I have replaced everything. Head unit and speakers. Can I not just run new speaker line from the exposed harness that use to connect to the amp to the speakers in the trunk?

03Alerosil 11-24-2014 06:46 PM

No because the monsoon speakers are bi-amp meaning the woofer and tweeter run off separate wires whereas your new speakers take all their signal from a single positive and negative. Run new speaker wires. Ain't that hard

Hammer 11-24-2014 08:07 PM

But, as I mentioned earlier I have replaced EVERYTHING.

New Head Unit, new door panel speakers and new rear deck speakers.

So I found a wiring schematic online and I have successfully re-wired from the harness that plugs into the Monsoon amp. So I just had to run a few feet of new speaker wire from the harness to the two rear deck speakers. Now to figure out how to get the tweeters in the doors working and I'll likely replace them too.

Nas Escobar 11-25-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer (Post 658663)
But, as I mentioned earlier I have replaced EVERYTHING.

New Head Unit, new door panel speakers and new rear deck speakers.

So I found a wiring schematic online and I have successfully re-wired from the harness that plugs into the Monsoon amp. So I just had to run a few feet of new speaker wire from the harness to the two rear deck speakers. Now to figure out how to get the tweeters in the doors working and I'll likely replace them too.

Get a crossover or wire the tweeters in serial

rocketfast321 11-25-2014 06:42 PM

The tweeters are connected to the 4x6s