Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   V6 Under fuse block (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36543)

Duval 11-25-2012 05:47 PM

V6 Under fuse block

I need someone who has the original motor and wireing harness' from a 2003 v6 3400 to take a picture of the underside of the fuse block. specificaly where the black connection block meets the fuse block. Trying to figure out my headlight situation. Thank you!

If its the same everything in say a 2002 or 2004 that could work too

billytheman1188 11-25-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duval (Post 628125)
I need someone who has the original motor and wireing harness' from a 2003 v6 3400 to take a picture of the underside of the fuse block. specificaly where the black connection block meets the fuse block. Trying to figure out my headlight situation. Thank you!

If its the same everything in say a 2002 or 2004 that could work too

The fuse box is completely sealed....no openings on the bottom. You take the box out, pry tabs and pull. Once you open it you will see all the connectors. It just connects into the one labeled "black".

Duval 11-25-2012 06:04 PM

fuse

1 Attachment(s)
I know how to take the fuse block out. I need a picture like this but in a 3400 that was in the car to begin with. Mine is a swap from a 2.4

If I could get a couple like this it would be much appreciated

guiguilandry 11-26-2012 06:56 AM

get both wiring diagram and you'll be good to go

03Sleepr 11-26-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiguilandry (Post 628139)
get both wiring diagram and you'll be good to go

I've looked ..any idea where to find them?

Duval 11-26-2012 08:58 PM

I agree, its not in the manual lol. You can find all the wires up to the fuse block, but nothing on how the fuse box itself is wired. If anyones taking their rig apart anyways its literally a 2 min detour, just need some good pictures of the underside of the fuse block on a car that wasn't swapped lol.

03glgold 11-26-2012 11:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
got this from a site lonnie posted a while ago...pretty sure it is what you were looking for...if not I will post the link as well and you can go look but they have all the wiring diagrams
EDIT: here is the link http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19347

Duval 11-27-2012 10:47 AM

That's a pretty sweet site I gotta say. But again, the wiring diagrams only tell me everything up to the box. Nothing about how the box itself is wired

billytheman1188 11-27-2012 01:18 PM

dude....the box is labeled....you put the black plug where it says black....brown where it says brown.....i dont understand what you want.... take the plugs out and you will see where they labeled them...

Duval 11-27-2012 03:44 PM

Can you see the picture I took above? I have a 2000 alero that used to have a 2.4 in it, now it has a 2003 3400. Between 2000 and 2003 gm revamped the fuse block and moved some wireing around. 03Sleepr helped me get my car running, however both of our rigs have the same problem, no headlights and one high beam. I have all the schematics for what wires go where but all that doesn't help me right now. I need a few pictures of the bottom of the fuse box in an alero that came stock with the 3400 like the picture I took above. I'm just trying to figure out what wires go where in the original 3400 so I can move them in mine and see if we have headlights. I understand this is an odd request and I am having difficulty finding a car in my area where I can just do it myself and save the trouble.

Duval 11-27-2012 03:46 PM

The wires inside the black harness. But a picture of each one could probably help even more. Who knows, its kind of a crap shoot and I may or may not be onto something but I want to try.

billytheman1188 11-27-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duval (Post 628208)
Can you see the picture I took above? I have a 2000 alero that used to have a 2.4 in it, now it has a 2003 3400. Between 2000 and 2003 gm revamped the fuse block and moved some wireing around. 03Sleepr helped me get my car running, however both of our rigs have the same problem, no headlights and one high beam. I have all the schematics for what wires go where but all that doesn't help me right now. I need a few pictures of the bottom of the fuse box in an alero that came stock with the 3400 like the picture I took above. I'm just trying to figure out what wires go where in the original 3400 so I can move them in mine and see if we have headlights. I understand this is an odd request and I am having difficulty finding a car in my area where I can just do it myself and save the trouble.

Ehhh.....it's not just as simple as moving this to that. On the last engine swap my friend and i did we ran into the problem you're having. I have a 2000 alero and was using the engine harness from the 2002. My 2000 engine harness had some extra plugs on it so we didn't use that....anyways....when we got to plugging in the engine harness plugs to the fuse box we had an extra plug...so we put the dash from my 02 into the car and everything plugged in right...no problems. Sorry...i can't help much with the wiring...i hate messing with that stuff (such a headache as you already know). You should look around for a dash harness from an 03-04. Dash swap is kind of a PITA but it eliminates all the issues you're having.

Good luck :/

03Sleepr 11-28-2012 04:32 PM

Are you people serious? Nobody here has a v6, camera phone and 5 seconds of time? If Duval and I can't fix this soon and cheap then my alero has to go, I can't keep driving 100mi a night with no headlights. And I have other parts I need the money for. So a wiring harness is a no go. All we need a picture of is the black block inside the fuse box, and don't give me any of that " it won't work" crap because you also said we couldn't get the car running without the harness.

And 03glgold, thank you but the diagrams don't really help. Either way I would rep you if it would let me, just because you tried.

Duval 11-28-2012 06:17 PM

Lol, I know! Runs like a friken champ now after 30min of work. At least let us try this. One high beam just doesn't cut it

Goodman 12-01-2012 03:26 AM

Are you talking about the fuse box under the hood near the battery?

Because right now my car is in my garage & i could take the picture you need (later on today) but mine is an 2001 don't know if that would do?

03Sleepr 12-01-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodman (Post 628483)
Are you talking about the fuse box under the hood near the battery?

Because right now my car is in my garage & i could take the picture you need (later on today) but mine is an 2001 don't know if that would do?

yes, the block under the hood. all we need is a picture of the wires running into the black rectangle. idk if an 01 will work but its worth giving it a try.

Duval 12-02-2012 07:43 PM

Booom mutha truckers! My dad came over today and we trouble shooting till we where blue in the face. Don't need pictures anymore, sorry that was so confusing. Highs lows, drls and auto turn off :)

Thank you for offering goodman.

03glgold 12-02-2012 07:56 PM

what did you have to do to it

Duval 12-02-2012 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Basicaly this. Just took a little while to figure out where everything went vs where it was.

03glgold 12-02-2012 10:12 PM

cool now 03 sleepr can look at this and fix his and not have to get rid of his ho...we need the full kansas crew for ASS and him selling his car does not help the showing :p