Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Common Questions & Troubleshooting (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Alero shifting issues when warm (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36011)

Malibu369258 06-08-2012 07:41 PM

Alero shifting issues when warm

Hey all, long time no talk.

Anyways got a quick question. My ex-gf's Alero acts like it doesn't want to shift when it's warm, revs a little high with no response. Like it's slipping... It's intermittent I'd say.

Any input would be appreciated.

Redog 06-08-2012 08:47 PM

Mine does that when I turn it off and back on a lot (like after 7 to 10 times if I'm running a lot of errands)

Fliud could be low :awesome:

OR:

My mech told me after hooking up a scan tool to it that the pump is being kind of funky and is on it's way out, but I have a while, probably.

Did did suggest some of that Lucas tranny stuff and it works pretty good. It's very thick so it's going to take about 5 to 7 minutes to put in.

Why do you give a eff about your ex's car

sleepyalero 06-08-2012 08:56 PM

x2 on the last sentence :awesome: and i tried the lucas for my car. didnt help.

xXManwhoreXx 06-08-2012 10:20 PM

Lucas did wonders for my car

mastershake 06-08-2012 10:45 PM

same here for the lucas, helped smooth the shifts

Malibu369258 06-09-2012 12:46 PM

Cool I'll give it a shot.

Because the relationship didn't end up badly, we're just going our separate ways.

I am leaving for Air Force basic training next month, headed down a different road and decided I didn't wanna be in a relationship going in.

AleroB888 06-09-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malibu369258 (Post 619009)

Because the relationship didn't end up badly, we're just going our separate ways.

I am leaving for Air Force basic training next month, headed down a different road and decided I didn't wanna be in a relationship going in.

:usa:

sleepyalero 06-09-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

good, most women cheat! Always wantin' that D while there men are in service..

Redog 06-09-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Cool, because there are probably hotter women whereever you are going. This way it's gulit free

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyalero (Post 619012)
good, most women cheat! Always wantin' that D while there men are in service..

This is true! I've read so many articals on this. Kinda makes me laugh when you see the wives running to and hugging their husbands in the airport on the news. And they all give the Snooki type excuse "I was so scared I was never going to see you again!" Really? So you screwed somebody else to ease your fear? :no2:

DeeGood 07-19-2012 06:44 AM

[quote=Redog;619016]Cool, because there are probably hotter women whereever you are going. This way it's gulit freeQUOTE]

From experiance, I can tell you that it's not always like that in the Air Force. No disrespect to those born and raised in SoDak, but I would rather have my Cali women.

xXManwhoreXx 07-19-2012 06:53 AM

chAIRFORCE

DeeGood 07-19-2012 07:09 AM

As a hydraulic troop on a B1, I can confidently say that moniker doesn't apply to everyone.

I shoulda been finance.

zzyzzx 07-20-2012 12:45 PM

How many miles are on the transmission?

What does the fluid look like and is the level good? When was the last time it was changed?

Is it possible to externally adjust the transmission oil pump pressure on this car? I am suspicious of that pump, I have no idea if it's external on this car or not, but often it mounted to the transmission and you can replace it without too much trouble. On some cars a bad TPS can cause "transmission" problems as well (since the transmission oil pressure might be partially controlled by it).