Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   How-To Archive & FAQ (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   LED in Headlights (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26273)

kevin1114 03-12-2009 07:10 AM

LED in Headlights

The title says it all
I want to put blue LEDs in the high beam section of the headlights so they light up when i m on lowbeams.
I want to know how to do it and where to put the LEDs and how to mount them so no humidity forms inside the headlights.
Thanx

guiguilandry 03-12-2009 11:06 AM

abuse the search button, or you can ask to cherry....

kevin1114 03-12-2009 11:23 AM

I did but no luck, nothing specific to headlights

kwhauck 03-12-2009 11:36 AM

for no humidity, just caulk the hell out of it, don't spare the caulk, it's cheap, cheap caulk is good caulk, make sure you have a good quality caulk gun,

caulk!!!

kwhauck 03-12-2009 11:36 AM

yes i'm immature.........caulk!!!

Ghadsphi 03-12-2009 12:42 PM

I've read most the stuff, and I don't see a lot of pics on where to tap power for in hood stuff. We should get a good how and where to tap power for parts. I know my stripped down ho has a lot of unused fueses in the hood compartment. I haven't gotten off my butt to see if they're hot or not though. (No abs no trac, no anything lol.) Sorry I follow instructions well but I'm a visual/hands on learner. If there's a pic I can do it.

Nate's Alero 04-24-2009 12:31 PM

well i thought i would bring this up,

i recently did this, i tapped my actual low bean headlight wires for this, remember, the car's RUNNING voltage differs from the SITTING voltage,

i got,

Running - 14.4V

Sitting - 11.6V

always place your leds by the RUNNING voltage..

i tapped the headlight Pigtail wires

(orange - White +)

and ran the led to the high bean housing, remember, you need like 4 to have it show above the brightness of the headlight beam, its fun have a good one!

MattismodderX 04-24-2009 12:34 PM

i think that has the potential to look sweet as hell. kind of like those newer audis

Atmosphere 04-24-2009 12:46 PM

^ I saw one of those yesterday afternoon, they look amazing.

cherrington17 04-24-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate's Alero (Post 456622)
well i thought i would bring this up,

i recently did this, i tapped my actual low bean headlight wires for this, remember, the car's RUNNING voltage differs from the SITTING voltage,

i got,

Running - 14.4V

Sitting - 11.6V

always place your leds by the RUNNING voltage..

i wouldn't tap those... just incase they happen to corrode at the connection for your splice. now your headlights aren't working.

also.. i've always based work with leds in 12V. don't worry about the +/- your doing to have due to alternator. they can handle it. When car is idle... they are dimmer. when its running, they are brighter. no biggie.

black 04-24-2009 01:03 PM

kwhauck loves caulk.

lonnie 04-24-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrington17 (Post 456635)
i wouldn't tap those... just incase they happen to corrode at the connection for your splice. now your headlights aren't working.

I tapped mine when I did the all headlight and fog light on mod, and haven't had a problem with it since. Its all about how you do it....I soldered my connections...ran heat shrink around them, and rubed electrical coating on them, and sealed in electric tape...absolutely water tight...I've even sprayed them with water washing the engine, and no problems.

cherrington17 04-24-2009 03:08 PM

yeah... how many people will do that though.... :lol:

DO IT THE WAY LONNIE DID, IF YOU TAP HEADLIGHT WIRES!

lonnie 04-24-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrington17 (Post 456660)
yeah... how many people will do that though.... :lol:

DO IT THE WAY LONNIE DID, IF YOU TAP HEADLIGHT WIRES!

Not many that is for sure.:lol: If he does't want problems like you said he will...LOL...he'll be driving down a dark road one night and only have fogs....LOL:lol:

ServO 04-24-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattismodderX (Post 456626)
i think that has the potential to look sweet as hell. kind of like those newer audis

My neighbor has this on his car and it looks really awesome...especially at dusk or after dark...In a way, I think it's vaugely similar to what's happening with the 2010 Camaro...

Although it is illegal here to have any color except white or orange on the front of your car, it would be cool to have something like this, but independant of the headlights that you could control from inside the cawk-pit. <--I had to spell it that way, 'cause when I type it the way it's correctly spelled, it gets auto'd to look like this ---> chickenpit. That's sad.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

01OldsAleroGt 04-24-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black (Post 456638)
kwhauck loves the caulk.

Corrected lol

DarkLurker9 08-04-2011 06:41 AM

FYI - S Line looks like shit on an alero