Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Forced Induction Performance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   What HP boosts on dyno have 2.4 engines received? (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36586)

estalero 12-14-2012 08:06 AM

What HP boosts on dyno have 2.4 engines received?

What HP boosts on dyno have 2.4 engines received after S/C or turbo mod?

I don't have budget for forced induction right now, but for the first time in my life, I have a car that has made me thinking on the subject.

sleepyalero 12-14-2012 08:58 AM

There is one guy here, Ion_C2. He has a 2.4 automatic he is between 400-450 horsepower. Runs 11-12's in a 1/4 mile.

He's the only turbo 2.4 around here I believe.

jawa 12-14-2012 11:14 AM

and if you boost it dont for get to tighten the turbo bolts

sleepyalero 12-14-2012 11:28 AM

Ouch, lol. :lol:

It's a joke from an alero show. ;)

jawa 12-14-2012 12:06 PM

lmfao

[ion] C2 12-14-2012 01:51 PM

They still keep loosening. It's really annoying. I used fancy lock washers and such but it's extremely sensitive to loosening up. Next time I take the turbo off I'm using Rocksett thread sealant (high temp Loctite of sorts used on gun barrels and such).

I've hardly done anything at all with my car this year, it sucks. Still many things to tweak and fix up before it can safely/reliably be run hard. Just been driving it around like a regular car, but with a decent bit of boost here and there.

jhubbz 12-14-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [ion] C2 (Post 629220)
They still keep loosening. It's really annoying. I used fancy lock washers and such but it's extremely sensitive to loosening up. Next time I take the turbo off I'm using Rocksett thread sealant (high temp Loctite of sorts used on gun barrels and such).

I've hardly done anything at all with my car this year, it sucks. Still many things to tweak and fix up before it can safely/reliably be run hard. Just been driving it around like a regular car, but with a decent bit of boost here and there.

Dang dude, where have you been?

billytheman1188 12-14-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Next time I take the turbo off I'm using Rocksett thread sealant (high temp Loctite of sorts used on gun barrels and such).

GOOD IDEA! :lol:

[ion] C2 12-15-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhubbz (Post 629223)
Dang dude, where have you been?

All over. Took a few thousand mile trips here and there. But been busy with work and school like crazy lately.

rocketfast321 12-20-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

When my friend had his 240 with the sr20det swap, he used 2 pair of vice grips. It stopped loosening up and blowing gaskets. He even tack weld the bolts and they still came off.

turboalero 06-24-2013 10:57 PM

Turboing your alero. Ain't that hard but make sure you did your research I put out 320 at 11 psi with a good tune. And it ain't gonna be a back yard job. Make sure u change that fuel pump. Witch your gonna drop that tank. I did mine on stock block with no problem. But I do suggest building the block for the safety of your wallet. Have fun with your build.
Just to put it out there I just sold mine for 9k your investment might b worth it.

sleepyalero 06-25-2013 12:10 AM

Little late bud ;) he never even replied to the thread.