Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New to Aleromod and cars in general :) (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34666)

Rivais16 08-28-2011 09:30 PM

New to Aleromod and cars in general :)

Hey everyone,

I joined a few days ago but I've been familiar with the site for a while since my bf has been a member for a long time. My alero is a 2004 2.2L Ecotec 4 cylinder and my first car! I'm looking to mainly just learn the basics and do a few fun mods here and there. So far, I've learned how to change my air filter, spark plugs, install HIDs, replace my front emblem with a new one, tint my tails and check my tire pressure :D I'm getting help to clear my corners soon, can't wait! Ever since I bought my alero, its become an addiction, I'm sure everyone here knows what I'm talking about!

I have a pic posted of my baby for AOTM Best Beach Photo, check her out! Since then, I've done a few other mods. I've attached some updated and some old pics to this post. (The headlights in these photos are borrowed from my bf's alero until I get mine cleared ;) ).

Looking forward to trolling for more info about aleros :D

zearchyo 08-28-2011 09:40 PM

welcome to the site and nice car

spc2125 08-28-2011 09:55 PM

welcome to the site

a fellow 2.2. i like it

any performance mods in the future?
or any at all besides clearing your corners?

03Sleepr 08-28-2011 10:28 PM

welcome, looks great.

Rivais16 08-28-2011 10:31 PM

zearchyo: Thanks!

spc2125: I'm a fellow GL member as well, so I found out today from taking a look at the original owner's GM receipt. My bf and I thought I had a GX model, I guess they're hard to distinguish. As for performance mods, anything that is within a student's budget and pertains to gas mileage. I think a cold air intake will be fun. Any suggestions? I'd love to get my windows tinted, some nice rims, and change my entire gauge cluster to blue to match my LEDs and hopefully stop there....haha Checking out my fuel filter is next up for maintenance. I have my doubts that the last owner took care of the car very well..

Dobbie 08-28-2011 10:35 PM

Welcome. 2.2 here as well, you enjoy it?

colonel6632 08-28-2011 11:18 PM

welcome fellow canadian. i also have 2.2 eco. mines a factory gx, but upgraded alot of stuff. no longer gx lol.

i love my eco. and mines pared to a 5-speed. peppy little car. ive got a few perfomance parts too.

if you have questions about yours just ask

That01Olds 08-29-2011 02:25 AM

Welcome to the site and Nice looking Alero too.

cherrington17 08-29-2011 07:17 AM

Welcome. If your led'ing things, check the link in my signature.

As for a student budget, save for a couple semesters and look for good deals on guys parting our their 2.2s. Thats where your gonna get the good stuff that'll make it more fun to drive as well as better mileage.

As far as tinting, check with your local laws. Especially on a limited budget, it sucks doing the tint, then getting pulled over and forced to remove it. That investment becomes a giant waste of money, then.

Shiwnath 08-29-2011 12:56 PM

I miss my headlights :'( ... Yours are all dirty lol

tw0123 08-29-2011 08:59 PM

^^ LOL...

Welcome to the site from another Ontario Member... You better both (you and your BF) better be coming to our next Southwest Ontario meet... We are talking about meeting near Hamilton or possibly as south as Port Dover... Kitchener isn't that far away... BE THERE... :) lol

Papa Rad17 08-29-2011 09:09 PM

Pretty :) iv done a lot of the same stuff to my 2.2, mine is an 03 gl1. Keep rockin it! As for the cai I really like mine, check out my car domain for pics of it. I'm rather new as well but welcome, love what you've done so far.

Rivais16 08-29-2011 11:28 PM

Dobbie: I love it! Having a car in general is nice, I've learned a lot but still learning too! I've only ever driven Aleros, learned how to drive in one too but it was a V6. Nice pic in AOTM btw, I think you've won it :)

colonel6632: Nice upgrades! I'd love to have some heated leather seats haha looks a lot nicer than the stock seats mine came with. Whats the price range for getting that done?

cherrington17: That's a great all-in-one resourceful link you got there lol I didn't even think of LED'ing the vents. I think I'm stopping where I am with LEDs though. Thanks for the advice, I checked out a few posts by people from my area on here about tints and mine should be fine. If not, its not a problem to remove the tint, I had to do it a few times...... lol

Shiwnath: Hope you lovveee signalling with those babies ;) Get mine done and you can stop complaining :P

tw0123: We'd love to come out for that! If its near Hamilton, we'll be there for sure!

Papa Rad17: Nice car, looks verryy clean! Do you notice a significant difference with your gas mileage having a cai?

Papa Rad17 08-30-2011 12:12 AM

Maybe an extra one or 2... Then again I don't very conservatively and It really makes a nice sound around 3-4 thousand rpms with it on. The biggest thing i noticed was smother ideling and a little lower running temps on a hot day. I got my whole setup for it on eBay for $40. No complaints, good piping seals and everything you need right there. A lot easier then priecing one together. If you get it, just be sure to put soap around the seal for the air sensor or else you'll never get it in without tearing things up.

colonel6632 08-30-2011 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivais16 (Post 595179)

colonel6632: Nice upgrades! I'd love to have some heated leather seats haha looks a lot nicer than the stock seats mine came with. Whats the price range for getting that done?

since aleros didn't come factory with heated seats you have a few options. buy factory leather, and install heating pads (this is what happened to mine, i was lucky enough to find them in a junk yard for 25 bucks per bucket)

or swap in some heated leather seats from another model car

Rexter9x 08-30-2011 04:14 PM

I'm pretty sure I've seen your car around before. Almost every day for a week after work, out by Fountain and Maple Grove.

Rivais16 08-30-2011 05:19 PM

Papa Rad17: Awesome, thanks for the tip. I'll look into ebay.

colonel6632: Thats cheaper than what I was thinking. I'd love some black leather seats though. My bf suggested we check out a grand am's leather seats if I want black. Do you have any pics of yours?

Rexter9x: Hmm Maple Grove and Fountain? I'm only out that way on weekend mornings and I'm out by Hespeler Rd and Queen Str. Not sure if its me you've been seeing :)

Oldsman 08-31-2011 03:18 PM

OMG........I can't believe what i have all read...... I miss the old days.......so with that said and reliving the Aleromod past............

Post a pic of yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

Rivais16 08-31-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldsman (Post 595263)
OMG........I can't believe what i have all read...... I miss the old days.......so with that said and reliving the Aleromod past............

Post a pic of yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

Reliving aleromod past? haha am I missing something?

Oldsnut 09-01-2011 12:04 AM

I think he is referring to all the LEG HUMPERS.