Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   Alero Appearance (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Osv Kit Long Shot (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20028)

paulyb 11-19-2007 12:12 AM

Osv Kit Long Shot

I was doing some searching and I found this on bodykits.org. They say with a pre buy of 10 people and a donor car they will make any style kit for any car, heres a link to what im talking about, for those who are interested.

http://www.bodykits.org/custom.html

I know its a long shot but maybe this could be done.

jackal2000 11-19-2007 12:15 AM

you have better chances of winning the lottery than getting 10 pre-orders.

DOHC_tuner 11-19-2007 12:16 AM

Anybody live near cali? ^hey you do paulyb, why not start a GP? This would be a great alternative, but i bet its going to be made out of cheap fiberglass that'll crack easy

adam337 11-19-2007 12:17 AM

^yup..

paulyb 11-19-2007 12:19 AM

Im in japan right now for the next year..lol

I would rather somone with more time handel the group buy for this, it would be more productive that way...lol

Oldsnut 11-19-2007 12:21 AM

It's more do-able than you think if it is quality work and decent value.

cavaliers60 11-19-2007 12:22 AM

ehh... not interested.... Especially since you have to pay them the full price tag for the kit when it's not even made yet... then they ship it to a company address???? Why can't they ship it to my house????

paulyb 11-19-2007 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldsnut (Post 316849)
It's more do-able than you think if it is quality work and decent value.

I dont know much about them, i just saw it and figured it would be worth the post.

Oldsnut 11-19-2007 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner (Post 316846)
Anybody live near cali? ^hey you do paulyb, why not start a GP? This would be a great alternative, but i bet its going to be made out of cheap fiberglass that'll crack easy

Not a lot of guys out there, they are either ricers or drive pickups.

paulyb 11-19-2007 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavaliers60 (Post 316851)
ehh... not interested.... Especially since you have to pay them the full price tag for the kit when it's not even made yet... then they ship it to a company address???? Why can't they ship it to my house????

Im guessing paying it in full is to ensure they dont make it and then everyone backs out...just an idea thow.

The shipping.....i was thinking that to.

Oldsnut 11-19-2007 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavaliers60 (Post 316851)

They ship to Residential re-read shipping facts.

cavaliers60 11-19-2007 12:28 AM

I'd have to ask them a LOT of questions before I invest that kind of money to them....

I am a very picky buyer.... I will ask questions and if I don't like an answer I get, then I'm not buying... I guess it's a good thing, but sometimes I think it anoys the sellers. lol I just want to be sure I'm getting a good product with my money.

Oldsnut 11-19-2007 12:28 AM

Here, I'll make it easy for all of you on the shipping.

How Is My Order Shipped?
Orders are shipped using a variety of methods. Most lightweight orders like spoilers are shipped via USPS Priority Mail. Heavier and large items that cannot be shipped by these methods, such as BodyKits and Carbon Fiber Hoods, are shipped via freight ground (truck) FREIGHT COLLECT, which means you will pay for shipping when your kit arrives. We do this method, so you can pay for shipping whatver the exact bill is, unlike other companies they charge more money so they can make a profit. We use various freight companies, determined by your location.

How Much Will It Cost?
The cost of shipping depends on your location and if the address is a business or residential location. For accurate quotes, we will need your postal/zip code. Residential locations are slightly higher than if we send it to a local business like your work, or a local bodyshop. We recommend shipping to a business address.Within the Continental U.S. you can see the table below for an estimated schedule of shipping costs. Product Freight*In CA Freight, please contact us. *For Pick up, please call us in Advance *MAIL ORDER ONLY, NO SHOWROOM Outside CA (Still Within U.S.)
Complete Bodykits including Shipping and Handling are shipped FREIGHT COLLECT, which means you pay for shipping when your kit arrives, and you dont have to pay for shipping upfront. Usually you will pay around $80-$150 for shipping when your kit arrives for shipping, depending if your location is a business or residential. All orders payed by credit card must ship to the billing address.

paulyb 11-19-2007 12:28 AM

if we get the group buy ill pay the shiiping cost to have the car there, and shipped back if there is no one else to bring there car there......

old, the confusion came from part 2 in the pre buy section.

All we need is 10 pre-orders of the same custom kit you choose $675.00x10 people with the same car, and want the same design kit (that is a complete kit!) add shippping is paid upon delivery FREIGHT COLLECT. (you dont pay for shipping upfront, you pay for shipping when your kit arrives) we would need to ship to a business address (any business address will do , like your work, or a body shop)

pimpalero2003 11-19-2007 12:30 AM

thats stupid bro so is that the reason you have a stock hoe??

paulyb 11-19-2007 12:30 AM

olds, you should be in charge of the pre buy....lol

Oldsnut 11-19-2007 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulyb (Post 316865)
olds, you should be in charge of the pre buy....lol

If this powerlifter dude don't come thru I just might call these guys. We.ve discussed this amongst some of the midwest guys.

pimpalero2003 11-19-2007 12:32 AM

i would actually trust this company with making a kit more then that other guy they have a lot more buisness and they dont have al the bs thats been going on over a yr

cavaliers60 11-19-2007 12:33 AM

very true pimpalero...

paulyb 11-19-2007 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 (Post 316867)
i would actually trust this company with making a kit more then that other guy they have a lot more buisness and they dont have al the bs thats been going on over a yr

I agree with you there pimp, this seems alor more reasonable seeing they are an acualy body kit company, plus the 5-7 weeks doesnt sound to bad realy, either does the 650 price, thow it may go higher once its finished maybe?

Ill pat myself on the shoulder for this good find....lol