Aleromod.com

Aleromod.com (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forum.php)
-   At The Track (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   SG Autocross Winner (http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32616)

bentiac 10-20-2010 04:50 PM

SG Autocross Winner

1 Attachment(s)
I finished the last event of our local autocross summer series on Sunday. I won the stock group, 8 points ahead of the 2nd and 3rd place (Cobalt SS & S2000).

"The bad news": On my way home I got rear ended by some idiot and the car might be a total loss. Car might be dead for the second time in 4 month. Here are some pictures only a few hours before the accident:

jabartram 10-20-2010 07:04 PM

awesome 2-1st place winners on the board. congrats, sorry to hear about the accident.

wrestlingandrunning 10-21-2010 12:06 AM

damn that sucks, if it makes you feel better this is the second time my motor started to shit on me after a break up with a girl.

tw0123 10-21-2010 12:27 AM

congrats on the win, sorry for the potential loss... hope it is not a total loss and that you can get it back on the road...

colonel6632 10-21-2010 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrestlingandrunning (Post 561401)
damn that sucks, if it makes you feel better this is the second time my motor started to shit on me after a break up with a girl.

well on a positive note, now you'll have more money to rebuild the motor, sorry but thats how i'm seeing it in my possible future

wrestlingandrunning 10-21-2010 01:28 AM

Not concerned about the girl, probably going to sell Alero. Back on topic do you have any videos of your last runs?

Redog 10-21-2010 01:39 AM

Congrats on the win.

Glad to see you beat the "fast cars" They might be faster, but the drivers don't know how to drive them :D

Sorry to hear about the possible loss

Ttop191 10-21-2010 02:30 AM

gratz on the win....but...

AleroB888 10-21-2010 05:39 AM

Congrats..
Damn, looks like the autocross guys be putting the dragstrip guys to shame this year

bentiac 10-21-2010 12:22 PM

Good news: There is ~$3000 worth of damage but the car won't be written off.

I have had a lot of fun autocrossing the Alero for the past year and a half. It's a forgiving car to drive but it's not a subtle one(at least the way I drive it :D) makes you look like a mad man driving flat out through most of the course. I won the series but ended up second in the last event... got my ass kicked by an RX8 and didn't mind it at all (see below).

As my new car is getting prepared for it's class, I'm going to start daily driving the Alero and maybe autocross it at a few casual events until my tires are done.

The only problem I've had with the Alero was the one time I killed the engine (throwing rod bearing) and with our course designs it could happen again. Having to stay on the rev limiter for 2-3 seconds at a time is common.

No videos of this event but I have older videos.

BTW Jabartram, are you planning to get into more serious competition? National tour? Like to see how you would do.

jabartram 10-21-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bentiac (Post 561475)
BTW Jabartram, are you planning to get into more serious competition? National tour? Like to see how you would do.

i have been asked that at the track also, and i may consider it once i get another daily driver, my custom parts are coming along well so i want to put them into better use.